• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PS5 announced for 2020 Holiday Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only thing I wish they made you sign into your ps plus account to join the queue.

I’m medically not allowed to drive & can’t get to Best Buy for pick up but Fridays from 10 to 2.

I’ve gotten around the bots 3 times at GameStop & luckily caught them off guard at Amazon with my morning coffee.

The queue’s been worthless.

I don't like how they have a separate waiting room for the queue and then they randomly through everyone into the queue. It should be first come first serve. I got into the queue once and then told my coworker who got in like 3 mins later. He was 15 mins ahead of me in the queue. So someone who gets into the waiting room at the last minute can get to the front of the line even though other people have been waiting for the whole 15 mins. It's certainly better than the stupid shit Walmart does but I still don't like it.

Best Buy is better because it literally is first come first serve.
It’s all luck but the queue better serves people who actually want one.

Scalpers always have the leg up on first come, first serve.

It’s all luck but the queue better serves people who actually want one.

Scalpers always have the leg up on first come, first serve.

first come first serve works if their is a queue like Best Buy. Me and my coworker got video cards and ps5s using them. I was lucky enough to get 1 ps5 through Sony my 2nd or 3rd try. My coworker never got it. He always got the hour plus wait. The first time Best Buy was in stock and I was waiting I got one. They make you press add to cart wait and then when the button comes back you press it again. Then it emails you a validation code and you have to type that in. It’s a perfect system to avoid the bots.

They were out in like 10 minutes lol
I want a 5 too, brother. I was cool up until recently but have been getting a bit antsy to upgrade my Pro of late. I can comfortably get my hands on an XSX (30m drive to pick up) but when the 5 is available in Nordics, *poof. White gold.

I'm interested in how many are sitting in scalpers' garages and how many are actually being used. Breaking sells records because of irrational hoarding shouldn't count.

On all the discord channels, twitter feed, and FB post I was seeing there is so many people trying to get a PS5 I don't even think it would have mattered. On top of that the scalpers are selling them so clearly people are buying it.

https://gamerant.com/ps5-consoles-scalpers-profits/#:~:text=Overall, he found that just,marketplaces like eBay and StockX.

This article can give you an idea of how much scalpers were selling. Not as bad as it looks honestly.

I'm interested in how many are sitting in scalpers' garages and how many are actually being used. Breaking sells records because of irrational hoarding shouldn't count.
Those are most definitely moving.

The reason they're being scalped to this degree is because the demand is so high in the first place.

The reason they're being scalped to this degree is because the demand is so high in the first place.

For me, what’s bizarre is I’ve had a PS5 since 3/5 but I’ve yet to play an actual PS5 game, lol.

I’ve had Demon’s Souls for most of that time but I’m playing too much Super Mega Baseball 3 to bother with it.

I paid retail though making it not that big of a deal.

The controller & sleek design’s been the best part.

For me, what’s bizarre is I’ve had a PS5 since 3/5 but I’ve yet to play an actual PS5 game, lol.

I’ve had Demon’s Souls for most of that time but I’m playing too much Super Mega Baseball 3 to bother with it.

I paid retail though making it not that big of a deal.

The controller & sleek design’s been the best part.

Yea I've haven't played any Ps5 games on mine either. Well unless you count astrobot which I played for like 5 mins. I'm in no rush though I have so much to play right now.

Wondering if the issue wasn’t sales numbers but revenue.

Probably. I’m pretty frugal when it comes to buying games and almost always wait for steep sales. The only games in the last five years that I bought on release were Doom Eternal and Demon’s Souls remake, and then a few titles weren’t priced at $70 or whatever to begin with, like Streets of Rage 4. The only other time I’ve paid full price has been for Switch games because.. well, they’re never on sale.

Ironically if Sony now pivoted and greenlit production of a sequel (or prequel) for players, I could see hearts and minds being won with the move and ultimately, big buzz. I was a preorder of DG (loved it) and remember literally months and months after having platted it myself, it getting so much love online with dudes sharing beautiful sunset pics, outlaw moments, cruising here, doughnuts there, community fanart – and I'm talking daily. This title had something at heart that I think a next instalment could really flesh out and bring into its own. To echo how I understand the problem from Sony's perspective, it'd no less be a move (read: investment) not without faith in the IP. Ryan should be bold and sign off; the backlash to recent reads of a risk-averse Sony seemed pretty apparent to me.

Eh fuck that douche. Make a better game. Not saying it's bad but it's a 6...7 at best for me. Thats the beauty of being the consumer, we can choose to spend our money how we want. Guy should be happy it wasn't a total failure. As a $30 game or free on PS Plus it's a win but I'd be pissed if I spent $60 on it.

Eh fuck that douche. Make a better game. Not saying it's bad but it's a 6...7 at best for me. Thats the beauty of being the consumer, we can choose to spend our money how we want. Guy should be happy it wasn't a total failure. As a $30 game or free on PS Plus it's a win but I'd be pissed if I spent $60 on it.

Yea I think I got it at $20. I would have been fine paying full price though. To me a 7/10 is a good game worth full price. It started off really slow and the missions a bit boring but it did a lot of character building and I just got more and more invested as the game went on. I also enjoyed how I always felt in danger in this game. I never really felt safe getting off my bike.

Last edited:
Yea I think I got it at $20. I would have been fine paying full price though to me a 7/10 is a good game worth full price. It started off really slow and the missions a bit boring but it did a lot of character building and I just got more and more invested as the game went on. I also enjoyed how I always felt in danger in this game. I never really felt safe getting off my bike.
Well said. I didn't even like the game at first in all candour; it felt derivative and Deac's melee was so soft that I avoided early what I thought of as scary albeit boring encounters. I then started liking the pressure of gasoline woes when riding at distance, the voice-acting chops, detailing my bike, meeting important people from my life pre-apocalypse, finally finding viable guns and all this having crept up on me, one day when logging in I realised I'm having a complete blast and put in south of 100h. Loved it. Some titles just don't bite at first, if you'll allow me the pun.

Days Gone had a rough start, critics shitting on it because open-world-zombies probably didn't help.

Once I heared more and more people playing and enjoying it, it was already like 50% off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back