PS2 or XBox... what should i buy???

you got the number of the devil in your posts. Did you sell your soul to "Belcebu"?
I am glad you are doing well financially. he UFC game for the X box is coming pretty soon. I asked the guy from the sotre and he told me January 9, yo gotta get that. Also get Halo for the X-box. For PS2 get Grand Theft Auto 3.

I have a question about the X-Box. Can it play DVD's straight out of the box or does it need some sort of adapter?

That is a good question Bad Hayes! I want to know the same thing! The PS2 can do it that is what I know!

To play DVDs on the XBox you need to by the remote control, which costs about 25 dollars I think. The upside is that the XBox is a respectable DVD player with a nice picture and great sound.

Shooto, what kind of games do you like? I mean, what genres?

It's ok, nothing fancy by any means, I don't think it has the digital zoom and stuff like that (I could be wrong). The main hassle it that the disc drive is LOUD when spinning. It's kind of annoying. The picture isn't quite as good as the XBox, but it's fine.

[ December 30, 2001: Message edited by: KneeToTheDome ]

Yeah Knee, i know u can help me with the games!

I like Sports games!! Football, Basketball, and Hockey... and of course MMA Games.
I love racing games!!!! Cars are one of my hobbies!! In fact, anything to do with cars is great!!!

Action games... War games and a lot of shooting and stuff. Gore is always good! I loved the Dino Crisis and the entire Resident Evil series. I have them all. Is that role playing games, or action???

Thats about it for now... what do u think bro??

Well if you like sports game then this will be easy, some of the best football games ever recently came out. The new Madden 2002 by EA and the new NFL Fever by MS are awesome. Madden is on both PS2 and XBox, with NFL Fever on just XBox. If you have an XBox you might as well get the latter, and I would suggest NFL Fever, which was made ground up just for the XBox. Also a plus is XBox has 4 controller ports out of the box, so you dont need an adapter to play with 3 others.

The 'NBA Live' games for all systems are good. BUT! A fun-as-sh!t arcase-style basketball game is NBA Street for the PS2. This game is a lot of fun.

As you know the UFC games are coming out for PS2/XBox and Pride for all systems.

Then there is Boxing. Put simply, there is only one game to get, and that's Knockout Kings 2002 for XBOX!! If for no other reason than I'm working on it. But this sh!t is fun, its brutal and it can get bloody (I made sure of that last one myself). I'll post some screens later if I can. Its out late Feb I think.

For car racing games, Gran Turismo 3 for PS2 is tops, hands down. There really isn't much else. Project Gothem for XBox is really fun, too.

Not a racing game but chalk full of crazy driving and mad stunts and car-jacking is Grand Theft Auto 3, which I'm sure you know about, real fun.

Action games: Devil May Cry for PS2 is fukking awesome! Halo for XBox is one of the best games I will ever play, you HAVE to get Halo even if you only somewhat like first person shooters like Half-Life, Quake, etc.

As far as Resident Evil goes, there is a port of the Dreamcast RE, which is good, but for the most part you are sh!t out of luck. The RE series is now exclusive to GameCube (they are looking SWEET too). There IS however a Dino Crisis in the works for the other systems. But you know what, if you liked the RE series then you will love Devil May Cry. They are both from the brain of the same designer, in fact DMC was originally going to be Resident Evil 4, but because a whole new game. Much more action than RE, though.

Similar style to RE and Dino Crisis is Onimusha for PS2. It's made by the same company as RE and Dino Crisis (Capcom), and plays similar, but in Fudal Japan, like Samuri style. It's older now, but Onimusha 2 is coming out for XBox and I believe PS2 as well.

Beyond catagory is Metal Gear Solid 2. This one takes some patients, and moves slower, but if thats your thing, than it's the sh!t.

Those are off the top of my head. I'll let you know if anything else pops up.

PS2 is probaly better. I've played both. X-box is pretty good but games for PS2 are much better.

That is due mostly to the year head start PS2 had. If you plan on having a system longer than a year (and who isn't), than everything changes. There are so many great games for PS2, but XBox had the Best supported launch ever. A years time will tell.

[ December 30, 2001: Message edited by: KneeToTheDome ]

But you are 100% right that it's the games that make the system.

Knee, thanks bro! U are the fuucking man! I appreciate all your help with this. Those are some great choices man. U really know my taste!! I'm going to the video game store soon, and im going to pick up some games so i can get this shiit started. I'm pretty stoked about this!!! When i bought the two systems, the guys told me to buy Max Payne!! Heard of this game before? He said its the greatest game ever. I heard good things about it too from other people. EVERYONE is talking about HALO!! Thats a must buy i think! I'll let u know what games i bought. Thanks again. Keep it coming bro, i can always use your advice for more games. If u have anymore info or suggestions, feel free to let me know. This is going to be awesome!!!!

Oh totally, Max Payne is the sh!t, an awesome game, but the PS2 one kinda sucks compared to the XBox one, so get the xbox one.

Let me know what you get shooto. I don't have any games yet. I am waiting for the UFC game. That is the one that is going to take the virginity out of my X-box. Hey guys if you can only buy one more game what would you get for the X-box

Max Payne or Halo?

Knee is the man. One useful guy in this board. is Mike Tyson included in Knockout Kings 2? That would rule. He has never been there before.

One game on XBox? HALO!!! Max is awesome, but if you love games than you owe it to yourself to play HALO from start to finish.

And no, Tyson isn't in Knockout Kings 2002, because Tyson has his own license thing going on. Same with Roy Jones Jr, I think.

i am going to get that game then. Is your name going to be on the credits? what about the Ukranian guy? Klitshko

Back