PS2 or XBox... what should i buy???

I am going to get UFC:tapout first. Then maybe halo. I want to get a college basketball game. it would be nice to play with my buddies from K-state. Then i would jold until new shit comes out.

Halo is fucking awesome bro! I played it and it rules!!

Max Payne is crazy too!!!

My brother rented MAx Payne for PS2 and it was all right. I actually like Halo. i am not very skillfull with those joysticks. I like button masher games. Dinasty Warriors 3 is the shit

Halo is awesome! I like the Resident Evil collection too! What other action games are good on XBox and PS2??

I say neither...buy dreamcast. Its the best for your money. It only cost $50 bucks now. If you want a DVD player, you can get one for $100-150 bucks. Do the math...$150-200 is a lot cheaper than the Xbox or PS2.

I do infact have a softspot for Dreamcast. I wish Sega was releasing more games in the US for it.

I just finished Halo last night, god damn that game is just awesome. Everything is top-notch, from design to conception. I high-watermark for sure. The AI is un-fucking-believable, and the visuals made me shit my couch. The story that unfolded was really cool, if not a little rushed. The coolest thing is that just when you think it's getting a little stale, the shit hits the fan like you won't believe (there are some great twists).

I thought UFC for dreamcast was pretty good, I mean, they could have messed it up very easily. But it was playable, and was cool to see the fighters (and BJM) up there. Models/textures were excellent. But what worries me is that I don't think they are adding any new gameplay elements into Tapout and Throwdown. The team that did UFC on dreamcast is now doing the WWF game for XBox.

I think that they are adding some tourney and stuff like that. there re unlockable characters. Any idea of those?
As far as gameplay is the same I think. That means that Andre Roberts can throw high kicks?

man you are hearing a lot of bullshit, roberts could only throw front stomp kick things, and he sucked ass anyway just like in real life.

people bitch about how say pat militech could take down coleman, well if you dont defend anyone can take down anyone just like in real life.

the only thing I would change about the game would be that gaurd is automatically pulled and punches from under the mount should be super weak.

dreamcast kicks ass, 50 bucks and you get something as good as a gamecube, they look the same IMO. :mad:

In the new one there are gonna be character defined moves, like if your tito and you pull off a evan tanner style slam then you get a KO, its gonna be sweet.

Me and my freinds were playing UFC for the first time and we set up kosaka vs. rutten at the end of the first we were screaming: RUTTEN HAS TAKEN OVER RUTTEN HAS TAKEN OVER. fucking sweet.

now 1 in 5 fights goes to decision, fucking badass :mad:

I agree with TapOut, Knee, and Vene. Dreamcast is the shit!!! I love that system!! For $50 bucks.... how can u go wrong?? Plus, now the system comes with several games included!!! I dont see a lot of major differences between DC and the rest. I guess maybe the DVD only, but who cares. i have my own DVD system at home, plus on my computer!! DC is a bargain. If your strapped for cash, and want to play good games with a quality system. BUY DREAMCAST! U wont regret it. Of course PS2 and XBox are a lot better but for the money this is a STEAL!!

what lypo said about the UFC game got me excited. I thoguht that when you said that the characters were generic. I thought that that mean that all of them could do the same shit. That looks sweet. I want to know who the unlockable characters I am hoping that Vitor is in there.
Yeah for 50 bucks the dreamcast is a steal, the only bad thing is that they are cancelling the games.

The UFC game for DC is good, but it could have been so much better. I dont like some of the fighting moves, and not all the fighters look like the real thing. Still, its good in my book. I play it all the time, and i enjoy it.

I am hoping Tapout and Throwdown will be much better. So far, its looking good. The Pride game is awesome!!! I already saw some test shots and its looks great!!

some things are generic, but it is a badass game,my favorite.

single player is weak, best played with a freind that knows his MMA. So you can renact the classics and the should of been matches.

some shit is generic, but frank shammy is the only one able to armbar from the gaurd. Jeremy horn can triangle.

When you and a freind get good, your fights will be going to the judges occasionally its fucking badass.

The game does have some signature moves, like if you be rizzo and knock down someone to all 4s he will hit them in the middle of the face exactly like he did in real life against kosaka.

frank is the best in the game

Yeah!

When is Tap Out and Throwdown gonna be available?? Does anyone know the exact date??

And the Pride game too???

Marco Ruas is decent in the game, but not the greatest. His leg kicks are pretty good though. Same goes for Rizzo.

The best fighters are Frank Shamrock, Mark Coleman, and Pete Williams. IMO!

What players do u guys like??

ttt

Thanks guys for your help. I really appreciate it. By the way, i bought both PS2 and XBox systems!!! Yeah, im soo happy now! I wanted to treat myself to something nice for Christmas this year. Now, i need some help in the games department. Any advice?? Thanks again for the support!

Shooto, do you make money with your posts.. You have enough money to by both systems??? damn! Rich man!

anywayzzz enjoy the games... I hope you enjoy it very much (gives me a change to make a comeback on the forum :D )

Just jokin'........ enjoy the games!

rtbrouwer, i wouldnt say im rich, but i live a good life. I work pretty hard, and once in a while, i will buy myself something big. I really wanted to buy one system, but after everyone gave me advice, i decided i couldnt go wrong buying both. I can always rely on my bros for great advice. Thats why i love this forum so much!

Back