Prove Lyoto has a way to win this.

Ugh Anderson "let" Weidman posture up just like Hendo "let" Lyoto get that sweep?

Man...

Watch what he does vs Franklin then watch Weidman he literally thought he was invincible in that position. Anderson was too comfortable. Not taking anything from Weidman. He had it scouted and he knew what to do my hats off to him. Anderson should have switched grip or moved. Dont worry Im not a blind nuthugger.

Silly thread. Lyoto can literally outpoint anyone.

He could very well outpoint Wideman to a UD or SD.

He could also land a counter left and put him to sleep. Or maybe a headkick?

Love Lyoto, but I don't see him having much a chance in this fight.

I will still cheer for him, but I will probably bet my money on Weidman.

Why would I have to prove it? Either Lyoto outpoints him or figures out a way to fold up Weidman with a counter, or Weidman hits Lyoto and knocks him out. If it were such a surefire formula to figuring out MMA, it would be boring and no one would watch. They fight them to answer the question of who would win. Simple.

Watch what he does vs Franklin then watch Weidman he literally thought he was invincible in that position. Anderson was too comfortable. Not taking anything from Weidman. He had it scouted and he knew what to do my hats off to him. Anderson should have switched grip or moved. Dont worry Im not a blind nuthugger.

or maybe he simply couldn't break Weidman's posture?

Machida is used to fighting bigger guys and has proven that he has KO power in his punches and kicks.. Not to mention his speed and movement at MW. Chris is good but dont be silly, Lyoto can definitely win and I think he will.

Lyoto 'is' a wrestler killer, need proof?

Front-Kick-KO.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_m8u1o1UQ7q1rrwwgco1_500.gif

BTW, hyping the shit out of Weidman who simply caught a clowning, unmotivated, aging & past his prime Silva in the 1st, then suffering a freak accident in the 2nd, proves very little to almost nothing IMO.

Lyoto has better TDD than Silva, has more ellusive footwork, is equally an elite striker, has come from a bigger div & has faced bigger, stronger & much, 'MUCH' better competition than Anderson Silva ever has in his entire career!
To dismiss these obvious facts is just being plain ignorant.
And if u think Lyoto's gonna clown or turn up unfocussed or unmotivated, then you're completely wrong.
Mark my words, Chris is in for a competitive fight.

WAR LYOTO!

Because I don't see a way he does.

He was held down by Phil Davis and when he was underneath Dan Henderson he couldn't get up to save his life, Machida and his 'wrestler killer' moniker is grossly overrated, Rampage and Soko also took him down and Rashad never shot in. Weidman will push the pace, get in his face and I am calling my shot, third round d'arce choke.

Bank on it, Weidman will dominate.

you are right, there is no possible way that machida could possibly land a punch that knocks him out.

punching him in the face.

Lyoto the dragon Machida.

The newest multi-division champion.

Prove that Chris has a way to win this. On second thought don't waste your time.

Was Anderson clowning in the second fight when Chris dropped him in the clinch?

Also, how did Lyoto beat Phil? Did they have a rematch? I only remember their one fight, which Phil won by wrestling.

Oh yeah, didnt Chris Weidman out wrestle Phil in college?

Seriously, Brah? Flash KO...they happen a lot in MMA.

Seriously, Broski? Watch that fight again.

Seriously, Bro? Comparing college wrestling with MMA wrestling?

I'm not a fan but Lyoto has a way to beat anyone. If he sets up some crazy shit with his feits and movement he can finish Weidman. I still favour Chris though.

Chris has more questions regarding him than Lyoto IMO.

Blows my mind how Machida Haters seem more obsessed with Machida than Machida Supporters!

Machida is at his natural weight class at MW. He is faster , relatively more powerful. Hell, even his cardio is better at MW. I am confident he will tame Weidman.

Because nobody thought Dillashaw would beat Barao, and he beat the living shit out of him.

Proof that anything can happen, no matter how many people think it won't.

I can't believe there's a comparison to the Dillashaw/Barao fight. Machida is still world class and will bring it to Weidman.

I'm not saying Weidman is going to lose, I really can't call it. But these are two of the best guys in the division, this is not going to be an easy win for either of them.

Back