Prove Lyoto has a way to win this.

Level One

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Because I don't see a way he does.

He was held down by Phil Davis and when he was underneath Dan Henderson he couldn't get up to save his life, Machida and his 'wrestler killer' moniker is grossly overrated, Rampage and Soko also took him down and Rashad never shot in. Weidman will push the pace, get in his face and I am calling my shot, third round d'arce choke.

Bank on it, Weidman will dominate.

Lyoto won't be able to avoid Weidmans striking. Weidmans gonna punch a hole in his FUCKING CHEST.

What foresight you have, banking on the favorite...

He was held down by Phil Davis and when he was underneath Dan Henderson he couldn't get up to save his life, Machida and his 'wrestler killer' moniker is grossly overrated, Rampage and Soko also took him down and Rashad never shot in. Weidman will push the pace, get in his face and I am calling my shot, third round d'arce choke.

The last I checked Machida stopped Rashad and Soko, and soundly beat Davis (silly judges).

The rampage fight was the only loss (debatable) but that was a 3 round fight, and it's doubtful that page would have survived 5 rounds after the beating he took in the 3rd.

Weidman's basic striking that was able to catch a clowning Anderson won't touch Machida. Also Machida's kicks and knees will nullify and be too quick for Weidmans shots. He beat Phil AND Dan both of whom did no damage to Machida when he "couldn't get up to save his life". Machida will dominate Weidman making Weidman look like an amateur as he does and I'm calling my shot you're an ignoramus.

I can't 'prove' anything, regardless of my opinion on who I believe will win.

Because nobody thought Dillashaw would beat Barao, and he beat the living shit out of him.

Proof that anything can happen, no matter how many people think it won't.

Weidman's basic striking that was able to catch a clowning Anderson won't touch Machida. Also Machida's kicks and knees will nullify and be too quick for Weidmans shots. He beat Phil AND Dan both of whom did no damage to Machida when he "couldn't get up to save his life". Machida will dominate Weidman making Weidman look like an amateur as he does and I'm calling my shot you're an ignoramus.

Was Anderson clowning in the second fight when Chris dropped him in the clinch?

Also, how did Lyoto beat Phil? Did they have a rematch? I only remember their one fight, which Phil won by wrestling.

Oh yeah, didnt Chris Weidman out wrestle Phil in college?

Level One said:
He was held down by Phil Davis
Then you didn't watch that fight. Davis "won" by getting outstruck for about 13 minutes.

Machida will stuff The Chris' TDs and counter punch. If you think his TDD isn't great...well... fuck I don't know what to tell you man.

20130323200459-f4a669cc.jpg

lyoto-machida_thiago-silva.gif

He's a calm killer :)

I only remember their one fight, which Phil won by wrestling.
How are you going to make statements like this when you are clearly a bigger fan of Wikipedia and Fight Finder than UFC/WEC/PRIDE/Strikeforce.

I think Machida has to catch him early like Dillashaw did on Barao and keep sticking and moving the remainder of the 5 round fight.

Also, how did Lyoto beat Phil? Did they have a rematch? I only remember their one fight, which Phil won by wrestling.

Oh yeah, didnt Chris Weidman out wrestle Phil in college?

Yep Machida and Davis fought just once, and Machida beat him soundly. Judges were blind, drunk or paid off.

Davis "held him down"? He didn't even get TDs until the end of the rounds and Dan only got top position from a slip. Are you predicting that Weidman will hold him down for 5 rounds, cause his cardio has looked pretty suspect in the past and he's never gone 5 rounds before? None of the guys you mentioned did any damage at all to Machida so I don't see why you would use them for your silly argument.

It's mma. Most of us didn't think TJ Dillashaw would beat Barao, but look at that. Dominated him until the 5th and finished him.

This is why I love mma, anything can happen. And I don't think Weidman is as invincible as some people are making him out to be. I've watched all of his UFC fights, and I'm still not a believer.

nope, where's the gif? Anderson gave it his all and nearly got KO'd while having Chris is a thai plum. That should give us an idea of how hard Chris apparently hits.

Will be just like Shogun/Machida 2 imo

Back