Prove Lyoto has a way to win this.

Machida is a very good fighter. He is a tough match for anyone because he fights very differently from the majority of people in MMA. His takedown defense is great and his timing in his striking is very good. Those are the ways he can win.

I say Weidman gets it done, though. I think he will put constant pressure on Machida and he has pretty solid striking defense and will find a way to hurt Machida on the inside.

Could be a close fight. I think it depends if "Full Camp" Weidman aka "The Chris" shows up.

Last edited:
People on here are such clowns. They all said the same damn thing about how Silva was gonna destroy Chris like they were fortunetellers.

Here's an advice; go get a new crystal ball.

Because I don't see a way he does.

He was held down by Phil Davis and when he was underneath Dan Henderson he couldn't get up to save his life, Machida and his 'wrestler killer' moniker is grossly overrated, Rampage and Soko also took him down and Rashad never shot in. Weidman will push the pace, get in his face and I am calling my shot, third round d'arce choke.

Bank on it, Weidman will dominate.

Machida was the smaller guy at those fights by far. He was outweighted by twenty pounds.

MW Machida is a scary guy. I can see him landing a highkick on Weidman and getting the TKO.

Weidman's basic striking that was able to catch a clowning Anderson won't touch Machida. Also Machida's kicks and knees will nullify and be too quick for Weidmans shots. He beat Phil AND Dan both of whom did no damage to Machida when he "couldn't get up to save his life". Machida will dominate Weidman making Weidman look like an amateur as he does and I'm calling my shot you're an ignoramus.

Weidman's basic striking has out-struck everyone he has fought including Anderson Silva so I wouldn't count him out just yet. And as for "clowning Anderson", that is the same clowning Anderson that beat everyone he clowned before, and I promise you Silva wasn't clowning in their second fight.

But that is neither here nor there. He will be fighting Lyoto Machida. Machida is a great fighter but Weidman has dominated everyone he had a full training camp for. The only decisions he has had in the UFC were ones he took as a late replacement for injured fighters. I think Weidman takes it.

Prove Serra can Stop gsp in the first round. Its a fight. Machida is proven. The match is a good one

eaqvrd.jpg

Because nobody thought Dillashaw would beat Barao, and he beat the living shit out of him.

Proof that anything can happen, no matter how many people think it won't.

This. That's all the proof we need.

This. That's all the proof we need.

For a recent example, sure. Or you could give one of the many other huge upsets in MMA as an example, but either way yeah you can't really "prove" it one way or the other, Machida may get put to sleep by Weidman but that still won't mean he had "no chance"/

Lyota has already knocked out 3 guys with very good wrestling bases. One of which is one of the best in the world in Rashad. Granted Bader and Munoz isn't that impressive. But in general people have a very hard time getting in on him. I want Weidman to win. But it is very hard to prepare for a guy like Machida as you can't simulate that in training. And he has devastating KO power. All it takes is a split second mistake. Even as the underdog Machida is one of the very best. These MMA threads on the complete inability that exists that one of the best fighters on the planet can win really need to stop

Was Anderson clowning in the second fight when Chris dropped him in the clinch?

Also, how did Lyoto beat Phil? Did they have a rematch? I only remember their one fight, which Phil won by wrestling.

Oh yeah, didnt Chris Weidman out wrestle Phil in college?

Who did GSP out wrestle in college? Collegiate stats are rarely accurate measures of who is the best MMA wrestlers.

The Phil Davis fight was probably the biggest robbery of the year. It was close enough to warrant a SD for Machida but nothing worse. Keep in mind with that fight Lyoto is coming in at 200lb & fighting a 225lb wrestler.

When he fights Weidman, irrespective of 'collegiate background' he will once again be coming in at 200lb versus a 210-215lb Weidman.

By dropping to MW he affords himself another 10-15lb of leverage. A very very big deal when stuffing the takedown. At 215lb Weidman is also a very big MW which comes at a price. I expect him to slow after the first and slowly get picked apart for the remanding rounds.

It's an awful match-up for Weidman & I'm confident he will lose.

Yeah let's pretend one fighter has no way to win

Machida is a shit fight for Weidman especially at this point of Chris's career going from fighting someone who has struggled against wrestlers to someone who knows how to deal with wrestlers and is basically known for his TDD. Lyoto makes guys think on their feet a lot @ 205 he was being over powered and for awhile now many were wondering when is Machida going down to 185.. then Anderson lost and 3 months after Lyoto dropped to MW and has been looking pretty good..

Again I don't think it's a good fight for Weidman, but we'll see what happens..

http://instagram.com/p/oRhVGpJ6bL/#

http://instagram.com/p/oVpR5jJhwO/

Because I don't see a way he does.

He was held down by Phil Davis and when he was underneath Dan Henderson he couldn't get up to save his life, Machida and his 'wrestler killer' moniker is grossly overrated, Rampage and Soko also took him down and Rashad never shot in. Weidman will push the pace, get in his face and I am calling my shot, third round d'arce choke.

Bank on it, Weidman will dominate.

Wow too many fallacies to list. But the good news is you've been bumped to #1 seed in the Sherdog's Worst Orangebelt Inaugural Tournament.

I think Weidman will win too. This is however a really shitty thread.

Back