Proof Cyborg can't box and is over hyped.

baars is pretty big for 145lbs. 5'11" vs cyborg at 5'8" (rousey is 5'7")

k0YJD2B.jpg

And soft. She has a feminine figure with soft edges in the right places. Like her face.

I understand, because you got nothing else going. You can't make an intelligent point, so just keep on distributing fallacies like candy to babies. It suits you.

Just try to make your point without having your tone and language devolve into name calling and caustic insults.
I was just showing you how silly it is to resort to calumny antics by throwing it back on you.

I do not hate Ronda.
I give Cyborg the edge if they were to fight, I just do not see how the posted video in any way deems Cyborg as a poor striker, especially in comparison to Ronda.

P.s. I have been to Dallas:
Some of the most gorgeous ladies I have ever seen.

Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Fucking Ass Off. Even if Cyborg can't box, does not know jiu-jitsu or has no skill at all. For some reason the cow and her master does not want to fight Cristiane Justino Venancio.

Cyborg is all hype. I watched here when she fought and literally the only thing that made her dominant was her size. Rhonda is a very powerful like strongman powerful not just defined muscle like Cyborg. I am convinced Rhonda would own Cyborg.

Just try to make your point without having your tone and language devolve into name calling and caustic insults.
I was just showing you how silly it is to resort to calumny antics by throwing it back on you.

I do not hate Ronda.
I give Cyborg the edge if they were to fight, I just do not see how the posted video in any way deems Cyborg as a poor striker, especially in comparison to Ronda.

P.s. I have been to Dallas:
Some of the most gorgeous ladies I have ever seen.

I give Cyborg around 2 rounds before she's tied in a knot on the mat against the fence. She will not stop all the takedowns and she does not have one-shot power. She is a sloppy brawler much like Ronda, but she has a chin and a huge melon that allow her to pinball her way to victory over smaller women. Her level of skill is dwarfed by her physical abilities. That is why, at any weight up to 160, Cyborg gets finished in a dominant fashion. I also agree it is stupid to fight at a catchweight when you have a world-beating, money-printing champion in one weight class being challenged by a physical freakshow who was caught pumping herself full of male hormones.

Cyborg Justino has exactly two things going for her: a legion of delusional fans, and the fact that she hasn't gotten her wish to fight Ronda yet. The fact that she hasnt fought Ronda is the ony thing keeping her career alive. Once they fight and she's wiped off the mat, she won't have anything to say except "i had to lose too much weight, Ronda's scared, etc."

Cyborg is all hype. I watched here when she fought and literally the only thing that made her dominant was her size. Rhonda is a very powerful like strongman powerful not just defined muscle like Cyborg. I am convinced Rhonda would own Cyborg.

I have been reading this site for 10 or more years and you're still getting owned by your own fantasies.

The point is not that something should be held against Cyborg for taking a Muay Thai fight, nor is it that Rousey would do better in a Muay Thai rules fight against a Muay Thai champion (of course she wouldn't). The point is that Cyborg's crude, marching forward, throwing everything into every punch style can be effectively countered by a skilled practitioner who possesses sufficient athleticism to use Cyborg's forward momentum and markedly poor agility and balance against her. Look at Cyborg stumbling all over the ring in that fight. In an MMA setting, Ronda Rousey is masterful at using judo to manipulate her opponents balance and momentum and send them flying time after time.

Do you not think Baars would be a little more knowledgeable on how to deal with an aggressive striker than Ronda?

Your analysis can also easily be countered with the fact that for the first time in her career, Ronda wouldn't be able to just waltz in with no defense, completely dismissive of her opponent's punching power. Her game has been 100% offense so far (I guess with the exception of the Zingano fight but I think we can both agree that Cyborg wouldn't literally sprint at Ronda with no plan B). When you're fighting someone who can hurt you with strikes, that uber aggressive, all-offense style becomes a whole lot more dangerous.

But this is why this fight needs to happen. They each present problems for the other one. No one else in either of their respective divisions stands any chance whatsoever against either one. One of the UFC's biggest claimed features compared to boxing when it was first getting big was that they will make the fights the fans want to see and you won't have a situation where a fight that obviously needs to happen doesn't happen (or happens years too late) because of politics and pettiness.

Do you not think Baars would be a little more knowledgeable on how to deal with an aggressive striker than Ronda?

Your analysis can also easily be countered with the fact that for the first time in her career, Ronda wouldn't be able to just waltz in with no defense, completely dismissive of her opponent's punching power. Her game has been 100% offense so far (I guess with the exception of the Zingano fight but I think we can both agree that Cyborg wouldn't literally sprint at Ronda with no plan B). When you're fighting someone who can hurt you with strikes, that uber aggressive, all-offense style becomes a whole lot more dangerous.

But this is why this fight needs to happen. They each present problems for the other one. No one else in either of their respective divisions stands any chance whatsoever against either one. One of the UFC's biggest claimed features compared to boxing when it was first getting big was that they will make the fights the fans want to see and you won't have a situation where a fight that obviously needs to happen doesn't happen (or happens years too late) because of politics and pettiness.
Rational posts on RR vs Borg are very rare, and I applaud you for this.

If Rousey had fought Baars , she would have died , you moron. Baars was throwing bombs and Ronda's defense would be her cause of death

If Rousey had fought Baars , she would have died , you moron. Baars was throwing bombs and Ronda's defense would be her cause of death

Who is this aimed at? I don't think anyone's disputing that Jorina Baars could whip Rousey's ass in a kickboxing or MT fight. I don't think anyone's disputing that Ronda would son Jorina in record time in judo/bjj/no gi. Are you just picking a perspective and vilifying it at all cost?

Nice scrap. After the first round, I thought Cyborg was gonna get smoked.

Didn't 'Borg go UP in weight for this bout?
Even if she didn't, she went to another sport, and actually took on one of the best at her own game. She lost, predictably, but held her own.

Ronda does not compare favourably to this, if that is what you're implying.

Didn't 'Borg go UP in weight for this bout?
Even if she didn't, she went to another sport, and actually took on one of the best at her own game. She lost, predictably, but held her own.

Ronda does not compare favourably to this, if that is what you're implying.

I agree. as a fan of Rousey, I suspect this thread was made by a RR hater to paint RR fans in an unfavorable light. Unfortunately, there's so much light being cast by Ronda that the only unfavorable light is in the shadows with Justino. I even saw an article promoting the idea that the UFC should start a WMMA 145 class just to appease Cryborg. Why bring in a bunch of bloated bantams just to eventually market a 3-minute squash match that would devalue the 145 division immediately? Zuffa is trying to MAKE money on Ronda, not lose it, and Ronda squashing Justino would cost them a lot of dinero if they bring in that division. Then you got a situation like when Randy was HW champ: a lame duck champ that has a stoppage loss to the champ of the division below.

Justino makes no $ense.

But this is why this fight needs to happen. They each present problems for the other one.

Totally agree. This is why I'm so fascinated by the prospect of the fight - especially wondering what type of gameplan each might come in with.

One of the UFC's biggest claimed features compared to boxing when it was first getting big was that they will make the fights the fans want to see and you won't have a situation where a fight that obviously needs to happen doesn't happen (or happens years too late) because of politics and pettiness.

tYVMtjF.png

ILk5C9F.gif

I'm suspicious of this thread title and the video proof matching......

sspcs.gif

Nice fight despite the crappy thread title.

and Cyborg has always come off as a class act. Just another example late in round 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back