Proof Cyborg can't box and is over hyped.

try make ronda fight a boxing legendary female boxer under boxing rules in a ring and see what happens.

Make Cyborg fight a top grappler under grappling rules. Oh yeah, that's not her base, is it? Desperate, desperate haters wearing such an ugly color of green. Shame shame.

Did you watch this entire fight??
There were many points where Cyborg was doing great, nailing the other girl, and winning. And that other girl is the greatest female MT practitioner in the world! Stop trolling.

I in fact did watch this fight live when it happened and at no point was Cyborg winning. That doesn't change the fact that the implied idea that this fight has any bearing on an MMA fight with Ronda is meaningless...but let's not get carried away. Jorina beat that ass pillar to post.

I agree this thread is stupid as hell, but there is absolutely ZERO chance Cyborg stays off the mat against RR. There is maybe a 5% chance Cyborg hurts her with one shot, which is how she'll have to win. Do you Cyroid fans even watch MMA?

Baars is 'legendary/beast' now. LOL

I in fact did watch this fight live when it happened and at no point was Cyborg winning. That doesn't change the fact that the implied idea that this fight has any bearing on an MMA fight with Ronda is meaningless...but let's not get carried away. Jorina beat that ass pillar to post.

Looks like some real hi-end striking

dfgfgfg.gif

I love how it's held against Cyborg that she took a MT fight with arguably the best female MT fighter in the world.

The point is not that something should be held against Cyborg for taking a Muay Thai fight, nor is it that Rousey would do better in a Muay Thai rules fight against a Muay Thai champion (of course she wouldn't). The point is that Cyborg's crude, marching forward, throwing everything into every punch style can be effectively countered by a skilled practitioner who possesses sufficient athleticism to use Cyborg's forward momentum and markedly poor agility and balance against her. Look at Cyborg stumbling all over the ring in that fight. In an MMA setting, Ronda Rousey is masterful at using judo to manipulate her opponents balance and momentum and send them flying time after time.

Cyborg had a close fight with a high level MT fighter and that is an argument AGAINST her?

yes it was relatively close not so clsoe that it could have gone either way but up until the end cyborg was close to pulling it off.
Ronda would have gotten annihilated in a MT fight with Cyborg's opponent

No, that fight was not close at all, you could tell that Cyborg could rag doll her if that were an mma fight but other than that she got beat thoroughly. showed a great chin, heart, and toughness tho

Nice! Now how do you fangays think RR would do against Jorina Baars in a straight MT match?

Let's not forget, Cyborg was supposed to steamroll through her. Cyborg never fought at Lion Fight after that.

Hindsight and everything

Looks like some real hi-end striking

dfgfgfg.gif

What? You've never seen the helicopter shell? That's grade A defense right there, Cyborg misses every single punch!

No, that fight was not close at all, you could tell that Cyborg could rag doll her if that were an mma fight but other than that she got beat thoroughly. showed a great chin, heart, and toughness tho

So someone else actually watched the fight and isn't just making excuses for Cyborg.

Who cares about Cyborg after watching that? Well, it wasn't MMA, so what's the difference?

However, PLEASE tell me that other fighter is getting grappling training right now. Dear lord some of those combos and kicks were awesome. Would love to see her fight. And coming in at 144 she looked a little soft. Think she could get down to 135.

Not gonna lie - Baars' punching technique is godawful for a top pro. Her kicks are better. Cyborg did well considering the variables.

Make Cyborg fight a top grappler under grappling rules. Oh yeah, that's not her base, is it? Desperate, desperate haters wearing such an ugly color of green. Shame shame.

Like how Ronda has lost grappling matches.

Who cares about Cyborg after watching that? Well, it wasn't MMA, so what's the difference?

However, PLEASE tell me that other fighter is getting grappling training right now. Dear lord some of those combos and kicks were awesome. Would love to see her fight. And coming in at 144 she looked a little soft. Think she could get down to 135.

She's 1-3 in MMA.

If Ronda fought Jorina Baars she would get knocked out in less than 30 seconds

The funny thing is Ronda actually did a Cyborg style fight on Saturday night - which is to back an overmatched opponent against the cage and fire off a flurry of wild strikes - most of which miss - until something finally connects and the other girl falls down or the ref stops it. When Ronda did it, everybody talked about her terrible striking. When Cyborg does it, everybody oohs and ahhs and talks about the baddest woman on the planet.

I remember watching it live and most of the forum had it a close fight and everytime it was really close and when it looked like Cyborh might take the lead baars did something to steal the round but each round was highly competitive and close

Like how Ronda has lost grappling matches.

You're truly a staggeringly massive intellect. Do me a favor and name one undefeated world-level judoka. Or any grappler. You know Rickson even lost? You know EVERYBODY loses in grappling? Go ahead, I'll wait for your evidence. I'll be waiting for fucking ever because you have nothing, babe. Nothing but a glass of haterade, nice and warm. sip it, savor it, because it's all you got to swallow. :icon_lol:

Back