• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pro Cycling Discussion 3: 2024 The Year of Crashes?

So Dura-ace at 55x11 and 56x10 for Sram?

Yep

Ridiculous. I can remember when 53x12 was the standard 'big gear'.

Biggest reason is that they want to be running optimal chainline. You need a pretty big plate in the front if you want to be spinning at ~90 rpm somewhere around middle of the block at the speeds they are racing at these days.

He is 26 this year. He has 4 more years of being in top form before the traditional (non-boosted) slide beings.

He won't be around forever.

Oh how fast they grow up. No more youngster jerseys for Poggo!

Mcnulty getting bullied for 7 miles by Easypost. Tremendous effort by Mcnulty. Almost had it.

Final chance for GC shakeup today. Two ascents of the quite difficult Monte Grappa.

JqlWVtMKMRrHx5f2RHlT_121023-092751.jpg

REMCO! Roglic, Ayuso, Rodriquez, Kuss, GegoHart, Gaudu confirmed for the Criterium du Dauphine which starts in a week.

Pog smashes Monte Grappa record by nearly a minute to 51:48. Previous record set by Nairoman in a mountain ITT decade ago.

Martinez, Tiberi and Rubio were almost two minutes slower.

Carabinieri were nowhere to be seen as the slopes were populated by excessive amounts of stupid fans, even Poggo got frustrated with them at times

Pog smashes Monte Grappa record by nearly a minute to 51:48. Previous record set by Nairoman in a mountain ITT decade ago.

Martinez, Tiberi and Rubio were almost two minutes slower.

Carabinieri were nowhere to be seen as the slopes were populated by excessive amounts of stupid fans, even Poggo got frustrated with them at times
10 minutes man….. I do think to an extent once he hit 5 minutes people just stopped marking him entirely, but holy fuck he’s in great shape

Almost unbeliable comeback from Milan who had puncture at 10km to go to come back and almost win the sprint

Yep it is about as good as it can be. Think Kuss has it? He has not looked great this year so far.
I don’t think the climbs are difficult enough for his skill set.

He needs those stages where it’s like 4-5k elevation gain day after day

I think the biggest thing with criterium is we’re going to find out what this tdf will look like.

Bora will have roglic, Hindley, vlasov which is their “big 3” going into tdf, at Paris nice they showed a few flashes in the pan that they could be competitive but didn’t look close to evenpoel.

And we’ll see how evenpoel has bounced back from his injuries.

Now, if Jonas is a last second add to the dauphine (TJV roster is largely unannounced) that would be huge hype.

I still think the guy everyone will forget about is Carlos Rodriguez and he’ll find a way to sneak in there somehow. He’s better than anyone realizes right now. and I think he’s in better shape than last year. If the injuries are lingering for Jonas, evenpoel, roglic - he could pop off and do some shit no one’s expecting.

Personally I really want to see roglic or evenpoel take the W and create some tension going into the tour.

Back