Prime Silva vs Gastelum

Yeah for sure, blocking 61% of the couple thousand thrown at him in his career isn't impressive at all.
Tony Ferguson has terrible striking defense per Sherdog and has a 63% striking defense percentage......

They are trying to compare the garbage Adesanya vs the almighty Anderson Silva... Seriously, this must stop now. Anderson was light-years better and more entertainment than Adesanya. Adesanya is a nobody, let's stop talking about this. Hype train will derail soon.

Spoken like a true idiot.

Gastelum vs Prime Silva....stop it please. Gastelum would have a very hard time getting close to Silva. Kelvin is a good fighter, but we are talking about a ghost here...Silva is way too fast, athletic and skilled for Gastelum, he would play with him for a round or two and then finish him.

MW has gotten FAR better than during Anderson's time, but if Kelvin fights like he did recently, Silva is bodybagging his ass.

Now if he uses his wrestling like he actually used to, it could be a good fight.

A rib injury doesn't excuse the fact that he got dropped by Chael fucking Sonnen. And don't even bring up chael drug test since anderson is a roider himself.

He Got mounted by Travis lutter, do you get my point here? Anderson tdd was legit garbage back then. Gastelum could easily take silva down and would have a huge advantage on the feet because of his takedown threat.

""Is having the heart and composure to over come adversity supposed to be seen as a bad trait in a professional fighter?""
That's not my point, if Anderson is as good as his nuthuggers claim to be then he wouldn't have struggled with someone like Chael Sonnen on the feet or get takedown by Travis Lutter.

Doesn't change the fact that anderson is roider himself and got busted more than chael.
You're missing the point, Anderson's TDD sucked because he wasn't concerned about getting TD so it didn't effect his striking. Gastelum would have no advantage on the feet and even when he was taken down he was still rarely ever in danger while his opponent's were in just as much trouble as they were standing, 1 tiny mistake and its all over.

Chael and Lutter know all about that don't they?

Tony Ferguson has terrible striking defense per Sherdog and has a 63% striking defense percentage......
He doesn't have terrible striking defence, he just doesn't have an iron chin so when he gets hit he tends to get hurt. He makes up for it with phenomenal composure and recovery though.

Fair question! Just to clear it up, Chael landed a takedown in round 1, 2 and 3. It was 4 and 5 he didn't land takedowns in. Even in the rounds he didn't land takedowns (4 and 5) he still spent most of the rounds on top. In round 4 Andy came out aggressively and landed multiple strikes standing, Chael was backed up and shot for a takedown and Andy sprawled and end up on top of Chael. He was on top but then Chael reversed the position around the 4 min mark and spent the rest of the round on top of Andy. And in round 5 they were exchanging strikes early in the round and Andy threw a punch at the same time as Chael and lost his footing in which Chael just landed on top of him. Remainder of the round Chael was on top till the sub.

So even in the rounds he didn't land a takedown, he spent 4.5 minuets on top in both. Round 2 Chael caught Andys kick within 10 seconds into the round and spent the whole round on top. Round 3 he took any down within 30 seconds and spent the whole round on top. Chael was basically on top 4.5 minuets of every round. There was 30 seconds at best standing.
Even if we disagree I respect the way you debate. You’ve been more than respectful and clear in your stance. Don’t really feel the need to argue with you. But I am arguing with some other idiot on the same topic. Lol
Take care

Even if we disagree I respect the way you debate. You’ve been more than respectful and clear in your stance. Don’t really feel the need to argue with you. But I am arguing with some other idiot on the same topic. Lol
Take care

Thank you! You as well. Good luck haha

Pointing out a few moments doesn't really prove anything. I can try and tarnish Jon Jones and GSP and talk about tough moments they had in fights. I don't understand this perception you guys have that every top fighter needs to be perfect without and bad moments. The sport just doesnt work like that, it's not reality. Jon Jones got tagged hard by Machida, he got nearly subbed by Vitor Belfort, he got beat up standing by Gustaffson.....are we going to criticize him for that?? NO. There is not one fighter in the history of any combat sport that goes without having something you can point the finger at. Floyd Mayweather had moments where he was rocked hard. The point is that any fighter and even the greatest get hit, get taken down, finished etc.....it's how much more good moments they have that counts. And Andy, Jones, GSP and floyd certainly have a lot more good than bad.

And secondly, no MW was not weak from 2006 to 2013. It was actually a division that had some of the best MWs ever. Guys like Vitor, Rich, Sonnen, Hendo, Marquart and Okami are certainly on the level of top MWs today. Luke Rockhold who's one of the posters boys for this supposed better MW division got his lights put out by Bisping and Vitor.

I was responding to someone who said he looked UNBEATABLE - and yes, Jon Jones and GSP fall into that bucket of not looking unbeatable.

Vitor and Hendo are two of Silva's top level wins, no taking away from that. You're telling me that Leites, Marquardt, Cote, Maia (the latter three who easily made WW later on) are on the level of Gastelum, Rockhold, Adesanya, Jacare, Romero, Weidman and Whitaker? Cause that's who Silva would be fighting nowadays if he was top of the division. Okami also got Silva down in their cage rage fight before the DQ and lost to Boestch so Rockhold losing to Bisping isn't too much of a knock. He previously destroyed Bisping so at least they're 1-1 and Weidman too, who easily beat Silva.

While I think Anderson would have a somewhat easy time with Gastelum, you are delusional if you don't understand that MW is significantly upgraded as a whole from in and around the time Silva was at his best.

While I think Anderson would have a somewhat easy time with Gastelum, you are delusional if you don't understand that MW is significantly upgraded as a whole from in and around the time Silva was at his best.
Thank you. Considering seemingly half the people Silva fought later ended up at WW and not very good ones at that (Okami, Marquardt, Maia, Cote)

*edit Maia was a good WW, I take that back

I can't believe a silver belt said that. Must have found that belt in a box of cereal.
Stfu noob when u were playing with toys I was into the sport who the f..k is that good todays mw Bisping even hold that gold at that time Bisping could see fighting against Silva only at his dreams,You think Adesanya or Gastelum are highest level lol no,Brunson???Jacare??? lol stfu noob I forgot more than you know

Stfu noob when u were playing with toys I was into the sport who the f..k is that good todays mw Bisping even hold that gold at that time Bisping could see fighting against Silva only at his dreams,You think Adesanya or Gastelum are highest level lol no,Brunson???Jacare??? lol stfu noob I forgot more than you know

Can't believe you've been watching mma since 2007 and yet still so ignorant.

Can't believe you've been watching mma since 2007 and yet still so ignorant.
Get off that primary school level insulting attempts you aint shit you have not even a point just talk like parrots

Got dropped by Chael sonnen multiple times
sonnen100.gif

CHAEL+DROPS+ANDERSON+UFC+117+GIF.gif

got KO'd by Chris weidman
8hnY.gif

chris-weidman-anderson-silva-knockout-gif.gif

mounted by Travis lutter
07-Anderson-Silva-vs-Travis-Lutter.gif

Fact don't care about your feeling
Striking is different when you have to worry about being taken down.

I was responding to someone who said he looked UNBEATABLE - and yes, Jon Jones and GSP fall into that bucket of not looking unbeatable.

Vitor and Hendo are two of Silva's top level wins, no taking away from that. You're telling me that Leites, Marquardt, Cote, Maia (the latter three who easily made WW later on) are on the level of Gastelum, Rockhold, Adesanya, Jacare, Romero, Weidman and Whitaker? Cause that's who Silva would be fighting nowadays if he was top of the division. Okami also got Silva down in their cage rage fight before the DQ and lost to Boestch so Rockhold losing to Bisping isn't too much of a knock. He previously destroyed Bisping so at least they're 1-1 and Weidman too, who easily beat Silva.

No one is unbeatable and will show moments where they almost get beat or get hurt......so yes that is correct. But, these guys look pretty dam close. Also, the whole looks "unbeatable" idea isn't about being perfect and showing no weaknesses cause that's not realistic. More about being very confident that even in the toughest circumstances the fighter will still win. No matter what kind of trouble Andy or Jones or Gsp were in, you always were confident they would still win. I think unbeatable is just way a of saying very tough to beat.

On the topic of his competition. I really like what you did there....you took Andy's weaker opponents and matched up up with the best MWs today lol. Smooth. But back to reality, lets match up the best vs the best. Romero, Rockhold, Izzy, Jacare, Weidman, and Whitaker vs Rich, Hendo, Vitor, Sonnen, Maia. None of those is any better than the other. They're top level MWs, and if they fought each other they would likely end up even against each other. Anyone from Andy's era is capable of beating the top Mws of today.

Again, Bisping and Vitor both KO'd Rockhold. Rockhold also beat Bisping, so it shows that things could be even. Andy fought a competitive fight with Izzy at 43, imagine how that fight would do 8 years ago.

No one is unbeatable and will show moments where they almost get beat or get hurt......so yes that is correct. But, these guys look pretty dam close. Also, the whole looks "unbeatable" idea isn't about being perfect and showing no weaknesses cause that's not realistic. More about being very confident that even in the toughest circumstances the fighter will still win. No matter what kind of trouble Andy or Jones or Gsp were in, you always were confident they would still win. I think unbeatable is just way a of saying very tough to beat.

On the topic of his competition. I really like what you did there....you took Andy's weaker opponents and matched up up with the best MWs today lol. Smooth. But back to reality, lets match up the best vs the best. Romero, Rockhold, Izzy, Jacare, Weidman, and Whitaker vs Rich, Hendo, Vitor, Sonnen, Maia. None of those is any better than the other. They're top level MWs, and if they fought each other they would likely end up even against each other. Anyone from Andy's era is capable of beating the top Mws of today.

Again, Bisping and Vitor both KO'd Rockhold. Rockhold also beat Bisping, so it shows that things could be even. Andy fought a competitive fight with Izzy at 43, imagine how that fight would do 8 years ago.
Good post plus if Silva did not have that leg injury he would still beat Izzy at age of43 after that injury Silva cant kick,check his fights you ll see he dont kick and it was one of the most important weapons he had

Back