Prime Silva vs Gastelum

Kid I can post at least 1000 gif s about Silva making his opponents like noobs,I see you re new to the sport and I can say that Silva s UFC run was just something very special you cant understand it unless you watched the era live
Then post it.

Gastelum, anderson doesn't have the same reach as adesanya and he's way less defensive responsible than israel. Anderson has great chin back in his prime but there's so much your chin can take against someone like gastelum.
Really? Isreal gets hit a lot more than prime Anderson did, doesn't seem to use his reach all that well, has know where nears Anderson's skills in the Thai Clinch and isn't as dynamic a kicker either.

Prime Anderson is far better MMA striker than Isreal which is why people started thinking Isreal sucked after going to a decision with an old but still savvy Anderson in a pure Kickboxing match.

Also if a flush H bomb didn't faze him in his prime or bombs from Lee Murray I don't think Kelvin would have been a bigger threat.

The only real question here is whether or not Kelvin is a good enough grappler to get the takedown but even then it's unlikely he would have been able to do much with it but possibly win rounds based on control.

The fact he chewed up Rich Franklin, Vitor Belfort among many more. Did you see what he did to those guys? The thing about those two fights is that Anderson saw no danger in them so he coasted. Maia he just plain goofed off. Cote he didn't engage cause Cote didn't engage, Cote was very hesitant in that fight. Andy just picked his shots in that fight while Cote landed nothing and he was fine with coasting to a decision or waiting for the right shot to land to end the fight. If Cote was more aggressive Andy would have more chances to counter with harder strikes, so the opportunity wasn't there. Kelvin is an aggressive striker so the style match up favor Anderson much more.

The more you engage Silva, the more dangerous he is. That is why fighters like Maia, Leitas and Cote didn't get finished. Anderson rises vs better competition and fights to the level of his opponent as well. Many fighters do this when they see no danger. Take a look at Jon Jones, finishes guys like Cormier, Gus, Shogun, Machida and dominates guys like Glover, Cormier 1, but vs fighters like Smith, OSP and Rashad he really just coasted to a clear UD and didnt really damage them. One, he fights to their level, and two they didn't really engage Jones.
Good read that guy is a rookie and I hope he learns something by that post

Really? Isreal gets hit a lot more than prime Anderson did, doesn't seem to use his reach all that well, has know where nears Anderson's skills in the Thai Clinch and isn't as dynamic a kicker either.

Prime Anderson is far better MMA striker than Isreal which is why people started thinking Isreal sucked after going to a decision with an old but still savvy Anderson in a pure Kickboxing match.

Also if a flush H bomb didn't faze him in his prime or bombs from Lee Murray I don't think Kelvin would have been a bigger threat.

The only real question here is whether or not Kelvin is a good enough grappler to get the takedown but even then it's unlikely he would have been able to do much with it but possibly win rounds based on control.
Go watch anderson fight against rich franklin, weidman, chael sonnen, ryo chonan, Patrick cote, and many more. It's a big myth that anderson is hard to hit.

You dont even deserve a respond because you just talk BS
Lol, "multiple times" he got staggered once with only 1 hand actually touching the ground, lol, where do these guys come up with this shit.

Apparently he also seems to have forgotten how the Cheal and Lutter fights ended....

Lol, "multiple times" he got staggered once with only 1 hand actually touching the ground, lol, where do these guys come up with this shit.

Apparently he also seems to have forgotten how the Cheal and Lutter fights ended....
Apparently you can't read because I never claim chael or lutter beat silva.

Go watch anderson fight against rich franklin, weidman, chael sonnen, ryo chonan, Patrick cote, and many more. It's a big myth that anderson is hard to hit.
I've seen all his fights multiple times, he was hard to hit and very hard to hit clean.

Apparently you can't read because I never claim chael or lutter beat silva.
So what was your point then? Making Anderson look better by overcoming adversity like a true champion does or to show he had some tough moments in fights like most fighters do?

So what was your point then? Making Anderson look better by overcoming adversity like a true champion does or to show he had some tough moments in fights like most fighters do?
My point is that anderson got mounted by lutter and dropped by Chael sonnen. It's that simple and pretty clear cut

I'm a huge Anderson fan but the sport has evolved. Prime Anderson wouldn't be a top five fighter today. Prime Anderson struggled with guys like Thales Leites and Patrick Cote.

My point is that anderson got mounted by lutter and dropped by Chael sonnen. It's that simple and pretty clear cut
And? Who gives a fuck, he still won the fight.

I'm a huge Anderson fan but the sport has evolved. Prime Anderson wouldn't be a top five fighter today. Prime Anderson struggled with guys like Thales Leites and Patrick Cote.
Lol, yeah, the sport had definitely evolved beyond a BJJ black belt and pin point accurate striker capable of finishing you with any of his 8 limbs given the smallest of opening combined with an iron chin and championship heart and desire.

Especially one who "struggled" so badly with guys like Leites and Cote he could only manage to win every round, lol, that comment is absurd.

You just saw it....... except the part of Israel would've of been played by the part of someone 10x [ at least 5x] better and prime Anderson wouldn't have been dropped. We would've seen a lopsided decision, imo.
This speaks volumes for todays 185 division.

Back