Prime Rockhold would beat Adesanya

Thougths?

Luke is strong, had good grappling and kicks

He was a monster before gerting killed by Bisping, romero and Jan

Why would Israel not be able to draw Rockholds check hook and counter it like everyone else has been.

Rockhold has always had excellent grappling, but he's not a super-powerful wrestler.

If Adesanya could stuff Brunson, he could stuff Rockhold.

That was a fluke. Rockhold underestimated him because of how easily he beat him the first time. Luke is as good a striker as Adesanya but with far superior grappling.

LOL No, he is not. He's a very competent offensive striker, especially with his kicking game, but his defense has always been horrible. It's a much bigger problem than his chin. Adesanya would smoke him standing.

I just don't see Rockhold ever getting him down to utilise his superior grappling. Izzy obviously murders him on the feet, I think this fight goes 9/10 to Israel.

He can't take a hit and he's hittable. Bad combo against Izzy.

I don't think so. It'd be a fun fight for a round or two, but we'd have to pretend that Luke has defensive boxing skills or something. He'd likely just get caught lunging in. And yes, if they ended up on the bottom, Luke has the superior grappling by far, but nothing indicates that Luke has the serviceable wrestling ability to even get Izzy to the mat. Izzy has solid TDD, Luke has average if that TD ability. The fight wouldn't be as close as some would like to imagine.

I dont get why takedowns and GSP style fighting arent more prevalent--the shit works--imagine if colby had normal power

No version of rockhold is beating izzy. Where in the fuck do you mfers come up with this shit.

I dont get why takedowns and GSP style fighting arent more prevalent--the shit works--imagine if colby had normal power
His timing was almost superhuman and he had a strong base in karate/boxing to be okay on the feet.

Lmao at people saying they are equal in striking.. Rockhold is a BJJ guy that learned striking. He doesnt have Izzy's timing, awareness, distance control and most importantly IQ.

Izzy would have KO'ed any version of Rockhold on the feet within a round.

Nope, Izzy's kickboxing is on another level to Luke.

Luke striking is a kickboxer who had a mainly had a good check hook and left kick. Israel has far too many tools and his fight IQ with striking is better.

Luke's striking compared to Izzy is basic

He would get knocked out in the first round, this "prime" rockhold is a myth and some people belive it because striking defence is the most underrated ability in mma, truth is luke's defence was always trash, he was lucky he didn't face dudes that had figured him out or respected him too much

if he got it to the ground he definitely could.

i'm one of the few huge fans of rockhold, and it sucks but he just doesn't have the defense, chin or fight IQ and i think israel would be too accurate and probably catch him.
Luke has never been an elite wrestler so he wouldn't pose much of a takedown threat.

Izzy is hard to take down and hold down so that sounds like an easy way to tire his arms out just like he did vs Jan.

His timing was almost superhuman and he had a strong base in karate/boxing to be okay on the feet.
i got you. and this is why i believe one should be a good fighter already, before starting MMA, bc instincts cant be taught. Training can get you to a certain point--but then when the pressure is on you will fold--cowboy for example--he is still a legend dont get me wrong- shoutout cowboy. and shoutout gsp for being a good fighter-but hating to get hit--his timing came from fear--but either way

Prime Rockhold has a definitive advantage grappling, and is likely far stronger, but Israel would probably get in the strikes he needs to end it. Mma is a matchup oriented sport. Could go either way

MW was the best ever with Jacare, Yoel, Rockhold , Weidman ,Jesusroid Vitor, Machida at the top. People will rsalize in some years what a magnificant time that was. Never was MW that good and imo never again. It's like 70s and 90s HW boxing

I was so excited to see that division unfold.

The biggest grudge I hold with how all that turned out, is that Jacare never got his shot.

Back