Prime Rockhold would beat Adesanya

Hadn't thought of this matchup at all, but I agree that it's one of the few that would be interesting, since Rockhold is such a tall and rangy guy.

Height and reach are going to be the only things that'll make me tune in to an Adesanya title defence fight at this point, with the hopes that it can be interesting. Rockhold has looked bad in his most recent fights, but the move to 205 was a predictable failure, and the Bisping loss could probably have been avoided if Luke hadn't been so full of himself and kept his stupid fucking hands up.

Rockhold talked about coming back. Hopefully it's not at 205. If he can win a few fights against some good opponents at 185, I'll be curious to see how he fares vs Izzy.

Izzy makes quick work of any version of Rockhold. Rockhold has good Bjj but his wrestling is below average. Rockhold is also too slow and stiff on the feet for Izzy. Some of you bring up Pre Bisping Rockhold but forget Rockhold was destroyed by Belfort not too long before Bisping knocked him out

Jacare , weidmen or rockhold are the type of fighters that i would think would be very hard matchups for izzy . There is not Manny like them right now . The joker and khamzat are the closest to them
whittaker and romero both strong grapplers that could not get hold of izzy.

So long as he also has Hendo's chin, sure

What we saw the other night was perfection.

The culmination of 25 years of MMA evolution.

whittaker and romero both strong grapplers that could not get hold of izzy.

They beraly use grappling or wrestling . They only use wrestling as defence from what Ove seen

Which isn’t what you claimed happened. It was a competitive fight from the opening bell.
I dont know what you read or how you perceived the words you read...but nope, that is exactly what I said. He thought he was some kinda style bender with that spinning kick and it cost him his career.

I dont know what you read or how you perceived the words you read...but nope, that is exactly what I said. He thought he was some kinda style bender with that spinning kick and it cost him his career.
you said he was getting handled pretty well. that implied he was losing handily. which he wasn't. if you meant it was pretty even then my bad.

That was a fluke. Rockhold underestimated him because of how easily he beat him the first time. Luke is as good a striker as Adesanya but with far superior grappling.

Saying Rockford is as good of a striker as Adesanya is possibly the dumbest shit you'll ever say on these forums.. its only up from here.

And no the ko to bisping wasn't a fluke.. he got exposed for being weak defensively.

I think its more than clear at this point that Saltrock only won the title because 'MY BOY' put himself in a bad position. Ole Salt Rock hasnt won a meaningful fight since that day.

I think prime weidman would’ve been the thread to make. He definitely had the chin & the wrestling to get it done.

Rockhold was good in his prime, but Adesanya stops him before he ever comes close to grappling. The footwork is just too different. Rockhold's isn't very smooth, or pressure orientated; Adesanya's is masterful. .

Thougths?

Luke is strong, had good grappling and kicks

He was a monster before gerting killed by Bisping, romero and Jan
Im not trying to sound like a dick, but this is the worst match up I've heard of in forever. rockhold is NOT a good striker by a long shot and BJJ is useless if he can't take him down which seems very unlikely as well. guy can throw a couple kicks and people go nuts

I can see how one would think that. Considering Rockholds historical success against strikers.

Izzy dry humps Rockholds unconscious husk... ahhh after the stoppage

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back