Prime Rockhold would beat Adesanya

I was so excited to see that division unfold.

The biggest grudge I hold with how all that turned out, is that Jacare never got his shot.
same here. Not only Jacare but in general how UFC fucked up the match ups and at the end the whole Bisping fiasco.

Nope. He gets game planned and picked apart.

Next.

He has at least equal range with his kicks and more power. No playing the outside angle counter game for Izzy there.

And all it would take is one scramble were Rockhold gets him on the ground. He was that good. But a different time we will never know. Someone like Costa wouldnt have been top 5 in the MW division back then. That is for sure.

He has at least equal range with his kicks and more power. No playing the outside angle counter game for Izzy there.

And all it would take is one scramble were Rockhold gets him on the ground. He was that good. But a different time we will never know. Someone like Costa wouldnt have been top 5 in the MW division back then. That is for sure.

well this is true, one mistake from Weidman was all it took for luke.

Why ask sherdog? According to 99% of you, Costa was going to kill Israel if the refs didn't step in quick enough, yet here we are.

Not really.
The loudest voices are not the majority.

It’s a fight and shit can happen but ppl that are both fight fans and have trained new Izzy would pick him apart and probably put him away.

Prime Luke was getting handled pretty well by prime Weidman until Weidman went off script and thought he was a style bender.....not convinced prime Luke had defense to avoid Izzy strikes.

He wasnt getting handled, the fight was very competitive and exciting, Rewatch it mate

And 2015 Weidman was no fucking joke, Much more accomplished than Costa by the way.

The truth is, we havent seen Izzy fight a over-sized wrestler/high lvl grappler before

None have a clue how it would go

well this is true, one mistake from Weidman was all it took for luke.

I think in the regard of combination of submissions from the top and ground and pound Rockhold is the best ever. He would have been maybe called the best ever MW if only he could have kept his ego in check but later in his career you could really see the arogance shine in every moment and it cost him dearly.

He could have shut down his weaknesses in offensive wrestling and defensive movement / punch selection but his ego was too big to aknowledge that. Still a very good career. Thats what separates fighters like Fedor or Shogun from Rockhold. Always willing to work on their game.

He wasnt getting handled, the fight was very competitive and exciting, Rewatch it mate

And 2015 Weidman was no fucking joke, Much more accomplished than Costa by the way.
Ok, now I think I understand you....we have different definitions of the word "handled".....competitive and exciting can fit my definition of "handled"....handled where I come from is holding your own, such as "handle the pressure" or "handling the situation" or keeping your nose above water...as in "not losing"...its less than dominating, its less than slaughtering, but its not being beaten either...its handling. Now that I cleared that up, I'll say that Weidman was winning a close fight and was just starting to bully and impose his will when suddenly he thought he was some sort of kung fu, stylebender and attempted a ridiculous fancy boy kick and we all know what followed.

you said he was getting handled pretty well. that implied he was losing handily. which he wasn't. if you meant it was pretty even then my bad.
Someone else also did not like my use of the word handled, I thought it was you....so now I have to reply all over again...."handled" by my difinition is not "losing handily"......handled is handled...its not dominating, its not slaughtering and its not losing or winning handily. Before that fight Rockhold was expected to continue the roll he was on. What would Weidman do against this killer, striker? But Weidman "handled" the pressure, he did not drown, he more than held his own and was probably winning the fight and even seemed to be picking up steam. To me, thats what handling is....then came that wheel kick and the rest is history.

Back