Prime Rockhold would beat Adesanya

Yoel won't beat Izzy if he can't take him down and more importantly keep him down.

Pre Bisping rematch Luke.

Honestly would be interesting. Especially if Luke decided to grapple but this version of Izzy probably catches him.

Youre right, I have changed thread title now.

Thougths?

Luke is strong, had good grappling and kicks

He was a monster before gerting killed by Bisping, romero and Jan

I think so. Luke is really good and that chin problem can be fixed just like Reem and Andrei have done with a similar issue if Luke makes a serious effort to fix this problem.

I also think that a confident Weidman can beat Israel too. If Weidman is ever able to build that confidence back up I do not know.

Luke's kicks were awesome. His ground game was crazy but he had no chin - AND HE STILL DOESN"T PROTECT IT

I think I remember seeing Adesanya throw a question mark kick at Costa, would be a good match stylistically for sure, Rockhold could hang with the striking and has dangerous BJJ

MW was the best ever with Jacare, Yoel, Rockhold , Weidman ,Jesusroid Vitor, Machida at the top. People will rsalize in some years what a magnificant time that was. Never was MW that good and imo never again. It's like 70s and 90s HW boxing

Luke is a beast but his arrogance killed his career. Also his chin was never good

I desperately wish that I could agree, but I can't. Adesanya is too fast and technical for Rockhold, and Luke could win if he grappled but he almost always chooses to try kickboxing, which he often loses. He'd get knocked out trying to fight at a distance.

Prime Luke was getting handled pretty well by prime Weidman until Weidman went off script and thought he was a style bender.....not convinced prime Luke had defense to avoid Izzy strikes.

Ok Adesanya
Nice one. If a bunch of grown men who claim to be fight fans want to fantasize about hypothetical defeats of an undefeated fighter that they should be celebrating, so be it. It just looks weird and most of all, desperate. Talking about Rockhold like he was some kind of killer that would have beat Izzy is peak insanity.

Jacare , weidmen or rockhold are the type of fighters that i would think would be very hard matchups for izzy . There is not Manny like them right now . The joker and khamzat are the closest to them

Back