Prime Mike Tyson vs Prime Muhammed Ali

Ahh the internet. Like Mike Tyson said, it's the place where people can disrespect anyone freely, without any danger of getting their ass kicked.

Take a fucking pill man
Who's disrespecting anyone? Watch that Givens interview and tell me that's a strong minded man who is able to stick up for himself when someone is psychologically bullying him? Ali was known for winding opponents up but he wouldn't be able to effect Tyson? Next you are going to get upset if I say that Tyson is a convicted rapist.

Last edited:
I repeat, Ali got put on his ass by a 185 lbs man. Buster Douglas of that night would kill Cooper. Ali fought in an era of 210 lbs HW. Sorry to bring it to you, but athletes evolve. Especially in Tysons PED era. You shoud watch Alis fights instead of accepting him being the GOAT. Tyson would murder the guy. Ali lost to a weak copy of Tyson, the original would kill him.
You should watch Tyson's fights and take note of the very lackluster competition he fought.
It's hard to tell if you're trolling here or just that ignorant, either way it's staggering to read this comments.

Tyson's best win was over Michael Spinks, stop acting like he was better than he was

You should watch Tyson's fights and take note of the very lackluster competition he fought.
It's hard to tell if you're trolling here or just that ignorant, either way it's staggering to read this comments.

Tyson's best win was over Michael Spinks, stop acting like he was better than he was
Lol you are looking at Ali like he was some mythical creature. He lost to Frazier, when both were close to their prime. Tyson is better at everything than Frazier, and very similar to him stylistically. How the hell would Ali beat Tyson?

This is prime Ali. Thats the guy you pick to beat Mike Tyson? Lol.
Who should shine next to a machine like Tyson?
The past always gets glorified, while in reality it wasnt that great at all. Ali beat 215 lbs cruiserweights. I will never be able to prove my point, and you wont ever be able to prove yout point. Thats very frustrating, but im convinced, that if we could pit prime Tyson vs prime Ali, Tyson would massacre Ali.

Last edited:
Lol you are looking at Ali like he was some mythical creature. He lost to Frazier, when both were close to their prime. Tyson is better at everything than Frazier, and very similar to him stylistically. How the hell would Ali beat Tyson?

This is prime Ali. Thats the guy you pick to beat Mike Tyson? Lol.
Who should shine next to a machine like Tyson?
The past always gets glorified, while in reality it wasnt that great at all. Ali beat 215 lbs cruiserweights. I will never be able to prove my point, and you wont ever be able to prove yout point. Thats very frustrating, but im convinced, that if we could pit prime Tyson vs prime Ali, Tyson would massacre Ali.

At his Best Tyson was around 215lbs - 220lbs himself. Do you even know what you're talking about? Dude folded to Buster Douglas at 23 years old and his best win is over an all time great Light Heavyweight.

At his Best Tyson was around 215lbs - 220lbs himself. Do you even know what you're talking about? Dude folded to Buster Douglas at 23 years old and his best win is over an all time great Light Heavyweight.
Tyson was a freak of nature 215-220 lbs guy that was beating the shit out of shredded 240 lbs fighters, while Ali was 215 lbs while being 6ft3 fighting other guys of this weight. Tyson was 5 ft 11 220 lbs. You can hardly get any heavier at this height without becoming a fat blob.

Tyson was a freak of nature 215-220 lbs guy that was beating the shit out of shredded 240 lbs fighters, while Ali was 215 lbs while being 6ft3 fighting other guys of this weight. Tyson was 5 ft 11 220 lbs. You can hardly get any heavier at this height without becoming a fat blob.

Ignoring the part where the actual best opponent Tyson beat was a Light Heavyweight. That's your very thin argument, Ali lost to Frazier and only beat Cruiserweights.

Ignoring the part where the actual best opponent Tyson beat was a Light Heavyweight. That's your very thin argument, Ali lost to Frazier and only beat Cruiserweights.
Ali didnt only lose to Frazier, but Frazier was Alis first loss, while being close to his prime against an opponent that resembles Mike Tyson.
Tyson has beaten many good opponents, no legends, i agree. But its not his fault that there where no better victims available during his prime years.

Tyson gives Ali Hell for the first 5 or 6 rounds ..... Ali takes over after that and wins by late tko imo

In what way was Joe smarter than Mike?
It's boxing, not rocket science. Mike had a good distrubition of defense and offense.

By the way: Ali, known for his IQ, never figured out why Norton caused him so much trouble.
Eddie Futch was a magician in Norton’s corner...

Ali didnt only lose to Frazier, but Frazier was Alis first loss, while being close to his prime against an opponent that resembles Mike Tyson.
Tyson has beaten many good opponents, no legends, i agree. But its not his fault that there where no better victims available during his prime years.

That wasn't his prime, at all. Everyone agrees his prime was wasted during his ban from boxing. The Ali who fought Frazier hadn't even made the adjustments he'd make to help him through his later career with his reflexes not being what they once were

I'm still not sure you know what you're talking about. You state Prime Ali then mention fights when he was out of his prime and give several bad examples throughout. Tyson isn't going to bully Ali nor is he going to hit him with anything he hasn't seen and survived in his career.

Tyson also could've fought Riddick Bowe or George Foreman. He never wanted to but you can just dismiss those as early 20s fighter out of prime

Tyson’s best win isn’t Spinks. It’s a big win for sure, but I think the win over Holmes is bigger, especially the way he did it. Holmes went on to have some very good fights after the Tyson fight and Tyson is still the only one to stop him. Lots of impressive fighters on Holmes resume, and nobody could stop him except for Tyson.

Tyson gives Ali Hell for the first 5 or 6 rounds ..... Ali takes over after that and wins by late tko imo
That's exactly how I see it. Tyson was so fast and applied such tremendous pressure that Ali would have all he could deal with for the early rounds. He struggled with a pressure fighter like Frazier who had good head movement but Tyson was even faster with great head movement and more power. But Ali was tough as hell and I don't think Tyson would be able to take him out. Ali would take Tyson into deep waters and begin to pick him apart as Tyson slowed and Ali figured out his timing. Shame it's just a fantasy fight.

That's exactly how I see it. Tyson was so fast and applied such tremendous pressure that Ali would have all he could deal with for the early rounds. He struggled with a pressure fighter like Frazier who had good head movement but Tyson was even faster with great head movement and more power. But Ali was tough as hell and I don't think Tyson would be able to take him out. Ali would take Tyson into deep waters and begin to pick him apart as Tyson slowed and Ali figured out his timing. Shame it's just a fantasy fight.

Oh my god... What a shit analysis.

Oh my god... What a shit analysis.
Wow what a great informative comment! Thanks for such well thought out feedback, clearly showing your level of intelligence!

I'll take Ali 6/10 times, but if anyone was gonna smoke him it was prime Tyson. Fans can reference whoever they want that Ali beat. If they were impressed by what Ali did to Patrerson and Liston for example, they would have gone pale white in disbelief watching what the disciplined and hungry Tyson would have done. Iron Mike was a unique problem at one point, and only the absolute best ATG would have been a match.

That wasn't his prime, at all. Everyone agrees his prime was wasted during his ban from boxing. The Ali who fought Frazier hadn't even made the adjustments he'd make to help him through his later career with his reflexes not being what they once were

I'm still not sure you know what you're talking about. You state Prime Ali then mention fights when he was out of his prime and give several bad examples throughout. Tyson isn't going to bully Ali nor is he going to hit him with anything he hasn't seen and survived in his career.

Tyson also could've fought Riddick Bowe or George Foreman. He never wanted to but you can just dismiss those as early 20s fighter out of prime

So whats his prime then? a hypothetical prime during the years he was banned? Thats ridiculous. Yes he most likely lost some of his best years, but Mike Tyson lost even more. Being managed by an asshole and trained by incapable people. Thats why he peaked in his early 20s.
The young Ali went to war with a 180 lbs fighter. Could you imagine Tyson struggling with a guy that weighs 180 lbs? The Ali after his ban lost to Frazier. Both versions lose to Tyson.
I dont prefer one over the other. I wouldnt really care who would win if they fought even tho i would love to see it. Im just convinced by looking at the two fighters, that Ali had nothing to stop Mike Tyson.
Tyson didnt fight Foreman, since Foreman refused to fight him.
https://www.sportbible.com/boxing/n...-passed-up-a-boxing-fight-with-tyson-20191118

Give me a break, so who did Tyson duck in his undefeated days? The ONLY fight he ever made that was arguably a "tune up" was Douglas. The rest were the absolute best available at the time.

The only guy that may have given him trouble in the mid 80s was Witherspoon, but Tyson didn't duck him, he fought the guy that beat him instead.

And you say Michael Spinks like he sucks, he was an undefeated HW champ. Small for sure, but so was Tyson.

His best win is his KO of Larry Holmes, who would go on to beat Ray Mercer 4 years later and take prime Evander Holyfield to 12 rounds in a loss.

His best win is his KO of Larry Holmes, who would go on to beat Ray Mercer 4 years later and take prime Evander Holyfield to 12 rounds in a loss.
Retired for 2 years, coming off back to back losses Holmes?

That's the best name but that wasn't the best period for Holmes either

Back