Prime Len Nox Lewis vs Prime Fury

Vitali, Grant, Briggs, Golota, Akinwande, Bruno, Tucker, Ruddock were all big dudes.

The Wlad that showed up against Joshua, looked that good because Joshua is a lot easier to find than Fury. Realistically he was older and had been inactive for a long time before he fought Joshua, who at this point seems quite clearly an inferior fighter to Fury.
Joshua's digress since then.
And Wlad was complacent in that Fury fight. Only the 2nd fight I've seen someone fall asleep through it that I was watching with. The other was when these MMA fans fell asleep through the Mayweather-Guerrero fight.

I think Fury would find the way. He is unorthodox and looks out of shape, but he knows boxing, has a granite chin and cardio to run a marathon.

He totally outclassed Klitschko in their fight.

And Wlad was complacent in that Fury fight. Only the 2nd fight I've seen someone fall asleep through it that I was watching with. The other was when these MMA fans fell asleep through the Mayweather-Guerrero fight.

Wladimir was always timid when he didn't find anything to hit, just look at the Sultan Ibragimov fight.

Joshua brought his face right in front of him, which is why he looked better.

I really like Fury, but he doesn't beat a prime lennox imo. LL had power as good as wilder, but much better skills. Hed be able to match Fury in a jabbing battle, and i think his big right wpuld find the mark often enough to either get a ko, or tame Fury for a decision. Not an easy fight, as fury would give some hard moments to lewis, but id make LL a strong favorite

I agree he did. But so does Tyson, he just moves twice as fast
I also don’t mean that having speed disqualifies you from having ring craft. Obviously guys like Loma and Ray Leonard have both.

Vitali, Grant, Briggs, Golota, Akinwande, Bruno, Tucker, Ruddock were all big dudes.
Everyone you mentioned except vitali are 6-3 and under . He had reach and height on all

The Wlad that showed up against Joshua, looked that good because Joshua is a lot easier to find than Fury. Realistically he was older and had been inactive for a long time before he fought Joshua, who at this point seems quite clearly an inferior fighter to Fury.

Wlad was not complacent , he was confused. He had Never fought someone like fury

Wlad was not complacent , he was confused. He had Never fought someone like fury
Thanks. Was going to say this but you already did.

"So and so just stood there."

No. They were outmatched and didn't want to get punched in the face because they couldn't tell when punches or feints were coming, or some similar issue which was CAUSED by the opponents superior game.

I really like Fury, but he doesn't beat a prime lennox imo. LL had power as good as wilder, but much better skills. Hed be able to match Fury in a jabbing battle, and i think his big right wpuld find the mark often enough to either get a ko, or tame Fury for a decision. Not an easy fight, as fury would give some hard moments to lewis, but id make LL a strong favorite

Everything you say about Lewis was also true about Wald, and that fight wasn't even close.

Everyone you mentioned except vitali are 6-3 and under . He had reach and height on all

You need to check your facts. Michael Grant was 6'7 and had a 86" reach. Akinwande was also 6'7 and had a 86" reach. Tucker was 6'5. The rest of those guys were all pretty much 6'4 and had a 82" reach, which barely differs from Lennox, so it's not like he was fighting midgets out there. The size advantage he had over those guys was negligible, in fact he was outweighed by Bruno, Ruddock and weighed the same as Golota.

Lewis too small and flat-footed to beat Fury.

Lennox is the smartest heavyweight boxer in the last 40 years. Probably the best jab in heavyweight history. Lennox had 2-3 off nights in his career due to lack of focus, but I don’t think any heavyweight in history beats him at his best.

Back