Prime Len Nox Lewis vs Prime Fury

You are on here trying to argue that Henry Akinwande is better than Wilder , why would I read the rest of your drivel ? BTW Tommy Morrison likey had HIV and was unfocused and on drugs half the time. Henry had some decent skills but was nowhere near elite or would beat Wilder. Henry didn't bother Lewis much but he did manage to land some decent shots that Wilder would of really hurt him with. What year exactly was Lewis in his prime , it seems that it can float around. Golota was was average and was obliterated by a past it Tyson. Holyfeild was still good and top level but was past it and lost to John Ruiz around the same time frame who wouldn't beat any of the current champions. You are bashing some of Fury's fights from a decade ago. I don't think you can really be objective. The Tyson Fury in those fights wouldn't have have Wlad or Wilder.
Akinwande is levels more skilled than Wilder, is he better than Wilder ? I never claimed such. Do not misconstrue what i say. Wilder is better because of his monstrous power and his win over aging Ortiz is slightly better than any of Akinwandes wins. That being said the premise of your argument was Wilder is much faster than Akinwande and that Wilder's jab would bother Lewis. This is what i heavily disagree with, because Akinwande is faster than Wilder and has a longer reach with a quicker jab and much more technically proficient in every catagory and regardless Lewis was not bothered by Akinwandes jab. Do you need glasses ? Because from the first second of round 1 Lewis rushed Akinwande multiple times and walked him down the entire fight, outworking Akinwande and winning every round even when Akinwande clinched for dear life every 5 seconds. He was never bothered by the jab. What are you watching ?

Morrison just a few months before the Lewis fight stopped a slightly past it but dangerous and quick Ruddock. Tommy Morrisons wins over past it Ruddock and past it Foreman is much better than wilders wins over Luis Ortiz. Lets not act like Ortiz wasn't on blood pressure medication and wasn't in his 40s.

John Ruiz had a spoiler style. But past it Holyfield beat Rahman who stopped Corrie Sanders. The same Sanders that blitzed Wladimir Klitschko inside 2 rounds.

Lewis holds wins over Tua, Rahman, Mercer, past it Holyfield, Bruno, Vitali, "past it Morrison", Grant, and Golota.

Fury holds wins over past it Klitschko and Wilder

It's not even a comparison

I would favor Lewis, but it would be competitive.

Fury is just too big for a lot of the all time greats IMO. Despite his skills not being on par with guys like Mike Tyson, or Joe Frazier, he still beats them no different than Tim Duncan beating Jerry West at a game of 1 on 1 with pure size.

Lewis is plenty big enough to not get overwhelmed with Fury's size, and he's far more skilled.

Huh? You think Riddick Bowe could beat Fury but not Ali or Holyfield? The hell

I think Bowe matches up really well with fury as well. I think he beats Fury all day, but I think fury is too big for Holyfield with Holyfields style. Holyfield is too hittable to fight a guy that size that can actually box.

Ali would destroy Fury IMO. So would Larry Homes. I think Fury would get tired of chasing them and eat a billion jabs. The pace that Ali fought at was insane. Watch his first fight with Fraizer and then watch Wilder and fury. It's crazy because Wilder and Fury look almost geriatric compared to Ali and Frazier in the later rounds. I mean, yeah, they're huge guys, but it's not like Ali was a midget. He had a 78" reach and was a rock solid 215lbs with zero fat in his prime. He was built to have cardio for days. It's been said that Ali could run a mile under 5 minutes. That's insane for a guy that's not a legit track guy.

Last edited:
I think Lewis would beat him. Lewis is very good technical boxer himself. And he has incredible power more than Fury. Lewis is not small he's a very big dude, with very good reach. Prime Lewis would knock Fury out imo.

Last edited:
Otto Wallin gave Tyson Fury a reasonably hard time for periods of their fight, but not a single one of the 90s HWs who Lewis fought could have even troubled him? I'm not saying I'd take most of Lewis' opponents over Fury (I think Fury is a big problem h2h for most if not all of Lewis' opponents), but Fury has beaten 2, maybe 3 (if we're being very generous to Chisora) genuinely top HWs in his entire career and he already fights in an era with much less depth than the golden age of the 90s. Part of being great at HW involves consistently fighting top HWs, something Fury has never done for a variety of reasons. The resumes aren't even close and to claim that Fury's accomplishments are greater than Lewis's (or even remotely close) is beyond absurd.
Never said Fury has a better legacy , we are talking about primes. I agree fury needs a few more but he will likely clean out his division if he bests Usyk and Joshua.

Never said Fury has a better legacy , we are talking about primes. I agree fury needs a few more but he will likely clean out his division if he bests Usyk and Joshua.

Are we? Because I was explicitly replying to a guy who claimed that beating Wilder twice is greater than everything Lewis has done combined and you seemed like you might have disagreed with that.

If we just want to talk about prime for prime in a head to head sense, Fury is a problem for a lot of guys. Lewis isn't necessarily one of them, I don't think, but his h2h ability definitely far exceeds his actual resume. The same goes for a guy like Vitali, who really doesn't have a particularly impressive resume, but is highly regarded head to head because of his obvious ability.

I don’t get The reverence for the 90s heavyweights.. i just read someone say that it was the golden age of heavyweights . None of those guys are great fighters. Mike tysons prime was in the 80s. Lennox Lewis best an over the hill evander holyfield who was a cruiserweight at his best. The klitschkos, again, ruled the weakest heavy weights in history. And I’ll stand by the fact that Lennox Lewis doesn’t have a single win that eclipsed everything fury just did to wilder. Idk what the hell anyone is talking about, but I’d guess that 95% of u didn’t watch these people actually fight. The 70s was a golden age, sure. The 50s, 40s, yeah. Tyson fury and deontay would do major damage to the 90s and 2000s heavyweights. Starting with Lennox glass chin Lewis

Are we? Because I was explicitly replying to a guy who claimed that beating Wilder twice is greater than everything Lewis has done combined and you seemed like you might have disagreed with that.

If we just want to talk about prime for prime in a head to head sense, Fury is a problem for a lot of guys. Lewis isn't necessarily one of them, I don't think, but his h2h ability definitely far exceeds his actual resume. The same goes for a guy like Vitali, who really doesn't have a particularly impressive resume, but is highly regarded head to head because of his obvious ability.
What is Lennox Lewis’ best win? Like WHO did he beat that was a great win? No one

I don’t get The reverence for the 90s heavyweights.. i just read someone say that it was the golden age of heavyweights . None of those guys are great fighters. Mike tysons prime was in the 80s. Lennox Lewis best an over the hill evander holyfield who was a cruiserweight at his best. The klitschkos, again, ruled the weakest heavy weights in history. And I’ll stand by the fact that Lennox Lewis doesn’t have a single win that eclipsed everything fury just did to wilder. Idk what the hell anyone is talking about, but I’d guess that 95% of u didn’t watch these people actually fight. The 70s was a golden age, sure. The 50s, 40s, yeah. Tyson fury and deontay would do major damage to the 90s and 2000s heavyweights. Starting with Lennox glass chin Lewis
Lewis's win over Vitali is better than anything Fury has done or will do.

“Otto wallin gave Tyson fury trouble” Otto wallin hit him early with some good shots opened a cut and got completely dominated. OLIVER MCCALL AND HASSIM RAHMAN KNOCKED LENNOX LEWIS OUT COLD lmfao

I don't know what to tell you. He beat prime Vitali after barely training and having prepared for a completely different opponent. Vitali is a better fighter than Wilder.
Vitali klitschko is a better fighter than deontay wilder. Yes my man is an expert of boxing i guess. Vitali klitschko never beat anyone

I've never heard anyone say the 90s was the golden age of HWs.
That would be the 70s.

The klitschkos, again, ruled the weakest heavy weights in history. And I’ll stand by the fact that Lennox Lewis doesn’t have a single win that eclipsed everything fury just did to wilder.
You're shooting yourself in the foot by saying the Klitschkos ruled the weakest hevayweight era in history, because then you diminish the quality of Fury beating Klitschko, no wait, Klitschko wasn't wasn't even in his prime when Fury beat him which makes it worse.

Also how if Fury's win over Wilder better than anything Lewis did ? Who has Wilder beaten that makes him such an incredible win ? Because Lewis beat Mercer, Holyfield, Grant, Golota, Ruddock, Vitali, Bruno, Tua, Morrison etc. 4 of those wins are better than Fury's win over Wilder and 2 of them are better than Fury's win over Wladimir Klitschko.

Who has Wilder beaten ? Im waiting....

Your move

The Golden Age of boxing was the 40's and for HWs it was the 70s. For the most part the 90's had some of the worst titlists but guys like Bowe, Lewis, Holyfield, were more accomplished than either Fury or Wilder. IMO quality of opposition is the most important factor and these guys are lacking in that department. They're still active though so we'll have to wait who else they fight before they retire.

“Otto wallin gave Tyson fury trouble” Otto wallin hit him early with some good shots opened a cut and got completely dominated. OLIVER MCCALL AND HASSIM RAHMAN KNOCKED LENNOX LEWIS OUT COLD lmfao
The McCall fight was before Lewis was in his prime under Steward and he was out of shape for Rahman and took him lightly. He completely dominated the rematches.

Back