Prime Len Nox Lewis vs Prime Fury

Vitali klitschko is a better fighter than deontay wilder. Yes my man is an expert of boxing i guess. Vitali klitschko never beat anyone
IMO Vitaly stops Wilder in brutal fashion. He had technique and ring generalship.

You're shooting yourself in the foot by saying the Klitschkos ruled the weakest hevayweight era in history, because then you diminish the quality of Fury beating Klitschko, no wait, Klitschko wasn't wasn't even in his prime when Fury beat him which makes it worse.

Also how if Fury's win over Wilder better than anything Lewis did ? Who has Wilder beaten that makes him such an incredible win ? Because Lewis beat Mercer, Holyfield, Grant, Golota, Ruddock, Vitali, Bruno, Tua, Morrison etc. 4 of those wins are better than Fury's win over Wilder and 2 of them are better than Fury's win over Wladimir Klitschko.

Who has Wilder beaten ? Im waiting....

Your move

you’ve said it yourself dude. His best win is a 40+ year old Cuban, who’s looked distinctly average since being busted for juicing. And somehow has an even more padded record than wilder? Us fans are mugs for accepting this shit

Im a fan of fury, but until he starts beating the actual proven contenders/champions, p4p talk and head to head comparisons are ridiculously premature. His best performance imo was the 2nd wilder fight. His best win is easily wlad, because he’s a proven top class fighter, even if he was old, and past his best.

Akinwande is levels more skilled than Wilder, is he better than Wilder ? I never claimed such. Do not misconstrue what i say. Wilder is better because of his monstrous power and his win over aging Ortiz is slightly better than any of Akinwandes wins. That being said the premise of your argument was Wilder is much faster than Akinwande and that Wilder's jab would bother Lewis. This is what i heavily disagree with, because Akinwande is faster than Wilder and has a longer reach with a quicker jab and much more technically proficient in every catagory and regardless Lewis was not bothered by Akinwandes jab. Do you need glasses ? Because from the first second of round 1 Lewis rushed Akinwande multiple times and walked him down the entire fight, outworking Akinwande and winning every round even when Akinwande clinched for dear life every 5 seconds. He was never bothered by the jab. What are you watching ?

Morrison just a few months before the Lewis fight stopped a slightly past it but dangerous and quick Ruddock. Tommy Morrisons wins over past it Ruddock and past it Foreman is much better than wilders wins over Luis Ortiz. Lets not act like Ortiz wasn't on blood pressure medication and wasn't in his 40s.

John Ruiz had a spoiler style. But past it Holyfield beat Rahman who stopped Corrie Sanders. The same Sanders that blitzed Wladimir Klitschko inside 2 rounds.

Lewis holds wins over Tua, Rahman, Mercer, past it Holyfield, Bruno, Vitali, "past it Morrison", Grant, and Golota.

Fury holds wins over past it Klitschko and Wilder

It's not even a comparison

Akinwande did hold a win over the great John Fury (the man that was ducked by a prime Lewis and a prime Mike Tyson), let's not forget.

The Golden Age of boxing was the 40's and for HWs it was the 70s. For the most part the 90's had some of the worst titlists but guys like Bowe, Lewis, Holyfield, were more accomplished than either Fury or Wilder. IMO quality of opposition is the most important factor and these guys are lacking in that department. They're still active though so we'll have to wait who else they fight before they retire.
I think one thing that one has to seriously consider is that roughly starting this millennium, we’ve seen a new era of heavyweight boxing. One where we have enough guys 6’4” and above who have enough meat on their bones, athleticism, and probably most importantly, seen the blueprint on the most effective way to use a height/length advantage, that we may well have seen a sea change in heavyweight boxing where a very small % of the population can properly compete.

Once you start getting to the outskirts of the bell curve, you can start seeing some massive differences between individuals. Plus anatomically some things just work differently.

Don’t get me wrong, I for sure prefer the golden age when most of the fighters were 6’3” and below at HW and I think that kind of strategy is more interesting to watch, but I don’t think that necessarily it means they were better boxers (in terms of effective fighting) or would beat today’s hugensteins.

I think one thing that one has to seriously consider is that roughly starting this millennium, we’ve seen a new era of heavyweight boxing. One where we have enough guys 6’4” and above who have enough meat on their bones, athleticism, and probably most importantly, seen the blueprint on the most effective way to use a height/length advantage, that we may well have seen a sea change in heavyweight boxing where a very small % of the population can properly compete.

Once you start getting to the outskirts of the bell curve, you can start seeing some massive differences between individuals. Plus anatomically some things just work differently.

Don’t get me wrong, I for sure prefer the golden age when most of the fighters were 6’3” and below at HW and I think that kind of strategy is more interesting to watch, but I don’t think that necessarily it means they were better boxers (in terms of effective fighting) or would beat today’s hugensteins.
Don’t think That anyone realizes this. Fury is 6’9” and skilled and capable of brutalizing other giant fighters. 6’5” is not 6’9”. I am 6’5”, when i see someone 6’9” they do not look or feel 4 inches taller than me they look and feel like a giant lol. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course, and we don’t know How a lot of these fights would go.. but Lennox Lewis and the klitschkos were definitely the shittiest long reigning heavyweight champions I’ve ever seen, and i think Tyson fury shows better chin, and slicker boxing at a TREMENDOUS size advantage on a guy like Lennox Lewis. As for wlad being out of his prime.. fury has shown much more than wlad ever did show, and he is clearly a much more effective offensive fighter than he was at the stage in his career when he fought him

Always rated LL very highly def top 5 hw of all time imo. Think Fury good enough to make it an ugly difficult fight but eventually Lewis would catch up with him in the later rounds.

Vitali klitschko is a better fighter than deontay wilder. Yes my man is an expert of boxing i guess. Vitali klitschko never beat anyone
Are you really saying that Wilder was a better fighter than Vitali????! Vitali beat Corey Sanders, Samuel Peter, and Chisora, all better than anyone Wilder has beaten.

Any version of Lennox beats the best Wilder.
I recall watching Lewis/Rahman 1 at my buddy's house, I remember him saying things like "Lewis looks like he's trying to get knocked out." I thought he was toying with Rahman but a few moments later, he's on his ass.
Wider would beat that version of Lewis, maybe.

aaaaand GG yet again.

gMdsEBQ.jpg

Lennox by clear UD or late stoppage.

Fury is obviously very good but imho Wilder is making him look better than he really is.

funny how the narrative changes .. before fury ever fought wilder people were all concerned for fury's well being lol he's going to get knockedd the f out they said .. wilder has that ko power, he's too much for fury they said

Prisoner of the moment for all the "Fury is GOAT" idiots

Surprising thing is it took Fury 11 rnds to beat a basic 1-dimensional fighter (with a big punch obviously) to get him out of there

Someone he had already faced 2 times before

Even then he got dropped 2 times

Fury is rated too higher right now because he beat a geriatric, gun shy 40 yr old (Wlad) & beat the same 1-diminsional fighter 3 times.
Other than that all he's beat is a bunch of euros & UK fighters (Chisora).

Yet people talk as if he's already cleaned out the division. LOL
Not saying he can't do it but let's sing praises when he's actually done it

means nothing .. and lewis got put to sleep by hasim rahman .. fury wasn't focused and out of shape for this fight .. that's why it went 11

People forget that the Wlad-Fury fight was awful.
The only reason Fury won, is because someone basically had too.
He shook his ass and landed like what 25 punches or some shit?
The Wlad that showed up against Joshua wouldve beaten Fury, and I think Fury knew that and ducked the rematch by eating hamburgers.

I recall watching Lewis/Rahman 1 at my buddy's house, I remember him saying things like "Lewis looks like he's trying to get knocked out." I thought he was toying with Rahman but a few moments later, he's on his ass.

The only thing I don’t like about Lewis is he relied on his being bigger than everyone he fought and his defense wasn’t the best. Wilder may catch him but I see Lewis stopping him. Fury would give Lewis fits. I don’t think Lewis has the speed to outbox fury

aaaaand GG yet again.

gMdsEBQ.jpg
[/QUOTE

Lewis and klitz fought 6-3 and under heavies most of there career. They both would struggle to adapt fighting bigger opponents because they only fight one way

The only thing I don’t like about Lewis is he relied on his being bigger than everyone he fought and his defense wasn’t the best. Wilder may catch him but I see Lewis stopping him. Fury would give Lewis fits. I don’t think Lewis has the speed to outbox fury

Outboxing is about craft, not about speed. Lennox had craft in spades.

MAYBE Wilder could catch that Lennox, who I would agree was not doing his best work and maybe a little cocky and took Rahman lightly.

Looking at it I can understand why Lennox felt that way, no one was giving Rahman much of a chance going in... and thus why Lennox then learned his lesson that you can't sleep on ANYONE at HW. And he never made that mistake again.

But even that Lennox, imo is just too technical for Wilder. And Lennox was pretty smart about making bigger fighters go backwards or get smothered.

Most likely I think Wilder is a pretty easy fight for Lennox. You couldn't have any glaring holes in your game with Lennox. And Wilder has major technical deficiencies.

Vitali, Grant, Briggs, Golota, Akinwande, Bruno, Tucker, Ruddock were all big dudes.

People forget that the Wlad-Fury fight was awful.
The only reason Fury won, is because someone basically had too.
He shook his ass and landed like what 25 punches or some shit?
The Wlad that showed up against Joshua wouldve beaten Fury, and I think Fury knew that and ducked the rematch by eating hamburgers.

The Wlad that showed up against Joshua, looked that good because Joshua is a lot easier to find than Fury. Realistically he was older and had been inactive for a long time before he fought Joshua, who at this point seems quite clearly an inferior fighter to Fury.

MAYBE Wilder could catch that Lennox, who I would agree was not doing his best work and maybe a little cocky and took Rahman lightly.

Looking at it I can understand why Lennox felt that way, no one was giving Rahman much of a chance going in... and thus why Lennox then learned his lesson that you can't sleep on ANYONE at HW. And he never made that mistake again.

But even that Lennox, imo is just too technical for Wilder. And Lennox was pretty smart about making bigger fighters go backwards or get smothered.

Most likely I think Wilder is a pretty easy fight for Lennox. You couldn't have any glaring holes in your game with Lennox. And Wilder has major technical deficiencies.

Lennox thought that Rahman was a club-fighting bum. He would approach a Wilder fight a lot differently.

I honestly don't think Wilder is any more dangerous than a prime Shannon Briggs. Everybody Wilder knocked out, would also be knocked out by a lot of the guys that Lewis fought, like Tua, Ruddock, Vitali, Briggs, etc. His record is padded to the maximum with journeymen, clubfighters and aged gatekeepers.

If you look at most of Wilder's opponents, they have all been knocked out several times since, often in the early rounds. Szpilka, a guy Wilder was given some credit for knocking out after looking terrible for 9 rounds, has been knocked out cold 3 times, recently in the first round by a local Polish fighter. Eric Molina is another guy who has been knocked out 4 times since the Wilder fight, again in the first round. Gerald Washington was KO'd 3 times since. All these guys took Wilder to the mid-late rounds until he finished the job, but other club-level fighters have finished the job within 1 or 2 rounds.

Last edited:
Back