Prime Len Nox Lewis vs Prime Fury

I got Lennox I think. If Wilder can land his right hand, so can Lewis.

Fury is a big dude but he's more of a mauler and he has to land a lot of shots to hurt you. He wouldn't land on Lewis the way he landed on Wilder, so I don't think he's a KO threat to Lewis.

Lewis was also a way better finisher than Wilder and he was absolutely brutal up close with that uppercut. Fury's tendency to put his head down on his opponent's chest wouldn't serve him too well against Lennox.

Well thats hard to call, I can see Lennox dropping him a few times, but it takes more than that too beat Fury

Fight would have been over in round 4 or 5 if it was Lennox... Fury keeps entering fights out of shape.

I may be bias but I pick prime Lennox Lewis over any man to ever lace up the gloves.

He was a damn near perfect fighter:

Technical
Exceptional jab
KO Power and ability to win in the trenches if needed
Cardio
Big, with both reach and height and he knew how to use both
Disciplined and dedicated to his craft (not a drinker, not one to let life outside the ring lead him astray)
Well trained, with Olympic pedigree and Emmanuel Stewart as trainer

Lewis is one of the 3 heavyweights I think could beat Fury.

And the other 2?

It's tough because few guys have the SIZE and the skills. There are certainly guys who could catch him, but hard to favor or give.more than a puncher's chance, especially considering Fury has now gotten off the canvas 3x off Wilder knockdowns.

I think Larry Holmes could give him problems because of how well he moved. 81 in reach.

I think Ali is too small.

Maybe a prime Riddick Bowe...

Last edited:
And the other 2?

It's tough because few guys have the SIZE and the skills. There are certainly guys who could catch him, but hard to favor or give.more than a puncher's chance, especially considering Fury has now gotten off the canvas 3x off Wilder knockdowns.

I think Larry Holmes could give him problems because of how well he moved. 81 in reach.

If Usyk taught us anything, it’s all these giants are not as invincible as they’ve been portrayed to be.

And the other 2?

I think Vitali Klitschko and Riddick Bowe. I don't think anyone else could. He's too big for greats like Ali, Tyson, Holmes and Holyfield. And too good of a boxer for Foreman. I think Wlad ways loses to Fury because his chin was always suspect.

Fight would have been over in round 4 or 5 if it was Lennox... Fury keeps entering fights out of shape.

In the past yes but there are very very few HW boxers who could even go that pace. And Fury attacked relentless at that pace. I cant remember any boxer at HW like that. Vitali Klitschko was similar but not with that workrate. He just doesnt look the part but that is highly beneficial to him

Fat is moving mass you can use and takes way less oxygen then muscles. At HW it can make sense to have a higher fat percentage.

I think Vitali Klitschko and Riddick Bowe. I don't think anyone else could. He's too big for greats like Ali, Tyson, Holmes and Holyfield. And too good of a boxer for Foreman. I think Wlad ways loses to Fury because his chin was always suspect.
Huh? You think Riddick Bowe could beat Fury but not Ali or Holyfield? The hell

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back