News Prime JDS vs Current JDS

really? Have you seen how slow JDS is today compared to his days prior to Cain?
Wear and tear is also factor.
But
JDS never was good moving backwards.
And now since he is worried about not being able sustain damage and retaliate he will move more awkwardly.
He will look slow engaging(because he worried about getting hit flush in return).
He will also mismanage shots(like what happened against Ngannou)because he is worried about getting exposed to a counter.

Why are we still romanticizing the Post-Lesnar era?

If you have to say “Prime” before their name for the argument... then just stop

if you’re thinking of making a thread where a broken version of someone is facing the prime version of themselves, then you need to stop huffing paint.
I thought it was a typo to be honest. Prime vs. any other version of the same person is the dumbest comparison u can make.

I thought it was a typo to be honest. Prime vs. any other version of the same person is the dumbest comparison u can make.
It may be one of the worst threads in Sherdog history and that’s saying a lot...

ohhh so he had trouble with Arlovski so he’s declining?

Fedor fans are one of the worst fanbases ever.

Well he was on a set in Thailand leading up to the fight and his own trainers mentionned he didn't train properly for that fight, which in my opinion, clearly showed.
As far as said " trouble " go, how did that fight unfold ?
'Trouble' = never be in any danger then delivering a 1st round KO in 3 minutes ? You have pretty high expectations even for Fedor ( calling that trouble is really stretching it, he was in way more trouble in the Fujita fight, or even in the Coleman/Randleman ones ) !

Wear and tear is also factor.
But
JDS never was good moving backwards.
And now since he is worried about not being able sustain damage and retaliate he will move more awkwardly.
He will look slow engaging(because he worried about getting hit flush in return).
He will also mismanage shots(like what happened against Ngannou)because he is worried about getting exposed to a counter.

I think the Werdum fight was a massive positive for JDS, it meant that right from the start he was feared by opponents and as a result he ended up being given the space he needed to be effective.

Ironically I think it was actually Frank Mir who found him out, Mir has never been very tough(which was enough to deside this fight) but he's not lacking in confidence and took the fight to Jnr. I suspect AKA saw that and shifted Cain's tactics from looking to time takedowns to pressure against the cage.

Such a shame that the current peak HW era is over.

Hopefully the next decades brings us more great talent to build it back up again.

JDS lost his confidence just like how his lost his hairs too.

The "new-hair-Silva" thread launched an intriguing speculation: that Silva read our hair-related threads here and thus he became self-conscious.

If this is what in fact happened to JDS as well (IOW, he did not experience a decline at the hands of Cain), then Sherdog ruined not one, but two amazing fighters.

Shame, what a shame that would be!

I think the Werdum fight was a massive positive for JDS, it meant that right from the start he was feared by opponents and as a result he ended up being given the space he needed to be effective.

Ironically I think it was actually Frank Mir who found him out, Mir has never been very tough(which was enough to deside this fight) but he's not lacking in confidence and took the fight to Jnr. I suspect AKA saw that and shifted Cain's tactics from looking to time takedowns to pressure against the cage.
Its a good argument,JDS presence walking forwards then was the same as let’s Ngannou now.

I would have loved to see Prime JDS (the one from the Frank Mir fight - May 2012) vs Ubereem (the one from the Brock fight - December 2011).

Well he was on a set in Thailand leading up to the fight and his own trainers mentionned he didn't train properly for that fight, which in my opinion, clearly showed.
As far as said " trouble " go, how did that fight unfold ?
'Trouble' = never be in any danger then delivering a 1st round KO in 3 minutes ? You have pretty high expectations even for Fedor ( calling that trouble is really stretching it, he was in way more trouble in the Fujita fight, or even in the Coleman/Randleman ones ) !
That’s a result of being in a fight and not being immortal. This is why Fedor is so hard to get behind, his fans are an excuse factory now, but they used to be so smug. Their tears were delicious. I hate excuses.

Its a good argument,JDS presence walking forwards then was the same as let’s Ngannou now.

Ngannou's kind of the opposite IMHO, he's very effective on the counter if opponents get sloppy due to fear but looks very ordinary when those counter openings arent there.

Stop. Fedor was fine until he lost, then he magically wasn’t the same...

Literally in the buildup to the Werdum fight, his annoying as fuck fanboys were on here bragging about how good he was and how he cannot be beaten and “Werdum couldn’t sub him if he tried” rained all over threads...

then he lost and he magically wasn’t the same.
I don’t mind Fedor but his fanboys are fucking lame.
So because some people said he was in his prime, he must have been? Looked bad against Arlovski and Rogers AND his own camp said he was slowing down.

Ngannou's kind of the opposite IMHO, he's very effective on the counter if opponents get sloppy due to fear but looks very ordinary when those counter openings arent there.
Oh sorry,i maybe not made myself clear.
My point was that JDS at that time generated the same fear ,that makes most fighters afraid have to engage in,that Ngannou enjoys today.

The difference is Ngannou is a huge threat if you just walk forward and try to brawl with him. Cain tried that and Ngannou knocked him out while moving backward with a glancing blow.

Nganou's two UFC losses are from fighters who respected his hands.

The difference is Ngannou is a huge threat if you just walk forward and try to brawl with him. Cain tried that and Ngannou knocked him out while moving backward with a glancing blow.
I know that “past of his prime” shit is lazy.
But IDT the Cain who fought JDS would go lights out like that.
He took clean shot from proto Ngannou(Kongo)and came back to get a clean victory.

I know that “past of his prime” shit is lazy.
But IDT the Cain who fought JDS would go lights out like that.
He took clean shot from proto Ngannou(Kongo)and came back to get a clean victory.

Kongo is not Ngannou and has nowhere near his power. The fact Kongo was able to catch Cain so easily multiple times shows how poor his striking defense and lack of head movement is.

Back