News Prime JDS vs Current JDS

Post Werdum JDS/pre Cain JDS/Mid Mir JDS was a monster !

Or jds was not that good ever which is the real case. He was better than now of cours . But that era of hws was way over rated including cain. Jds was always just a puncher. He got some wins in a weak division but still was never a great fighter.
<mma3>

JDS got battered by Hunt against the cage. He stayed in that fight and won because of his ungodly speed and accuracy.

I don't think his decline happened because of Cain, I think his weaknesses just got exposed.
He really showed real signs of decline after getting finished by Stipe

after having a close fight with (arguably green) Miocic and getting finished by Overeem he completely styled on Rothwell and looked "Prime" again against a surging Rothwell.

Miocic made it a close fight by taking it too JDS not fearing the power and bullying him, he gassed out and JDS landed some big punches in crucial moments to turn the tide.
Overeem used feints to make the read for his awkward left hook, also keeping JDS uncomfortable and never let JDS unload his trademark speed and power.

Rothwell stood at the end of JDS' jab and got ripped apart with over hands and stupidly fast punches like JDS' other past opponents.
Carwin, Mir, Nelson, Struve, Gonzaga and Werdum (at the time) were not fighters that offered the tools to pressure him and make him look human. Thus why I think JDS looked so super human.
Even Cain (who proved he was the better fight) got caught fucking around on the outside too long and got absolutely blasted by a stupid fast overhand.

Not a knock on JDS though, he made the most out of his physical abilities and was a World Champion.

Damn shame Cain and JDS were of the same generation. JDS could have ruled if not for Cain.

Or jds was not that good ever which is the real case. He was better than now of cours . But that era of hws was way over rated including cain. Jds was always just a puncher. He got some wins in a weak division but still was never a great fighter.
Weak troll job

Fighters get old!! Stop the presses!

God I miss 9 years ago
junior-dos-santos1.jpg

Those glorious pre-usada days

ohhh so he had trouble with Arlovski so he’s declining?

Fedor fans are one of the worst fanbases ever.

To be fair even his own camp said it at the time that he was losing a bit of speed and focus in training.

I think the main issue was actually that his grappling dropped off a lot, standing he held up better, more of a head hunter and progressively sloppier but still very dangerous. Almost all his problems in that era were down to grappling, it was only in his comeback years that he actually started coming off worst standing.

What a shit post. Never wanna see you post again

lol.

JDS was good but extremely one dimensional.

That one dimension was taking out all comers.

This was one of the GOAT runs in heaveyweight history.

Even after the Cain wars when he was a shadow of his former self he still managed to beat Stipe the first time round.

Stipe had the advantage of fighting Reem, JDS and Arlovski 5+ years after their primes.

i rewatched the blaydes vs jds fight

current jds would kill young jds

What a shit post. Never wanna see you post again
Truth hurts I know. Jds was a good fighter, but not a great fighter. His style allows him to be hit, and its shown in all the ko's. Cain put a lot of damage on him as well. He never was a threat to grapple or wrestle. His tdd was always just ok.

Weak troll job
A guy who has been koed that many times and took all that damage from cain because hes 1 dimensional and gets hit. Look at his losses. He doesnt have good tdd or grappling so he has to box. Good yes, great no.

Truth hurts I know. Jds was a good fighter, but not a great fighter. His style allows him to be hit, and its shown in all the ko's. Cain put a lot of damage on him as well. He never was a threat to grapple or wrestle. His tdd was always just ok.
Your opinion that noone agrees with

JDS got battered by Hunt against the cage. He stayed in that fight and won because of his ungodly speed and accuracy.

I don't think his decline happened because of Cain, I think his weaknesses just got exposed.
He really showed real signs of decline after getting finished by Stipe

after having a close fight with (arguably green) Miocic and getting finished by Overeem he completely styled on Rothwell and looked "Prime" again against a surging Rothwell.

Miocic made it a close fight by taking it too JDS not fearing the power and bullying him, he gassed out and JDS landed some big punches in crucial moments to turn the tide.
Overeem used feints to make the read for his awkward left hook, also keeping JDS uncomfortable and never let JDS unload his trademark speed and power.

Rothwell stood at the end of JDS' jab and got ripped apart with over hands and stupidly fast punches like JDS' other past opponents.
Carwin, Mir, Nelson, Struve, Gonzaga and Werdum (at the time) were not fighters that offered the tools to pressure him and make him look human. Thus why I think JDS looked so super human.
Even Cain (who proved he was the better fight) got caught fucking around on the outside too long and got absolutely blasted by a stupid fast overhand.

Not a knock on JDS though, he made the most out of his physical abilities and was a World Champion.

I'd say part of it was that JDS's KO of Werdum made him so feared that everyone showed him a ton of respect, even Cain stayed on the outside longer in that fight than he ever did in the rematches dispite it only lasting a minute. In retrospect I think Mir was actually the turning point tactically, he lost of course but was arguably the first person to go after Jnr and expose his weaker defence and lack of counters on the back foot. I suspect AKA saw that and desided to change Cain's gameplan in the rematch.

The actual punishment from those fights I think was more a delayed effect were as the tactical shift was obvious, after that everyone pressured JDS into the cage, even Rothwell had his moments. Maybe Reem was a bad sign physically in that he KOed Jnr without doing that but the Stipe KO was worse, I don't think Jnr of 5 years earlyier would have gone down like that.

As you say I think you do need to respect his offence, again to me he was rather like Wanderlei, maybe not in direct style but being someone who might look a bit uncultured BUT could slip in the odd very fast/accurate punch. Although unlike Wand besides defence I did actually think Jnr's big weakness was that he had trouble finishing, he could land monster punchs but unless someone was totally done he struggled to finish because he'd look for another perfect mid/long range punch.

Back