Prime Frank Mir vs Stipe Miocic

RoyJonesJr

Carti Season
@red
Reaction score
How would a prime Frank Mir do against a guy like Stipe?

Frank is underrated on these forums, in his prime he had some crazy wins.

I liked Frank Mir but even in his resurgence prime (2008-2012) he was still a very beatable guy.

I liked Frank Mir but even in his resurgence prime (2008-2012) he was still a very beatable guy.

Yeah is that his prime or 2004 before the accident?
If Mir could get it to the ground he'd have a chance but there's a lot more chance of him getting knocked out on the feet. He beat the 2010 version of Cro Cop so who knows.

Stipe. I feel like it would be a lesser beating than Mir took from JDS. Stipe stops the takedowns and pieces him up on the feet.

A drunk Mir took down and handled the juiced GOAT who was prolly coked up as well

Gotta go with Mir

That motorcycle accident may have robbed us a goat career.

It's an interestin question. Mir before the accident was a beast with his only lose being to Freeman in a fight he didn't really take seriously and paid the price for.

That version of Mir is honestly the only UFC HW from that era I thought may have had a chance against Fedor ( though probably not a great one).

When he came back and got KOed twice within a year it was obvious he was quite the same but still dangerous and then when he lost to Brock his whole legacy became very underated by fans. Especially once that weren't actually around and have just seen the Memes and GIFs of Brock beating him up.

A fight with Stipe I would say is 60-40 Stipe by KO if it's 2006-2010 Mir and 50-50 if it's 03-04 Mir. Mir always has a chance against anyone if it goes to the ground and while his striking isn't great he does have power and was pretty good with his dirty boxing so it would be an intriguing fight.

Stipe.
Mir would fold under pressure. Stipe is kinda chinny though, so Mir would have a shot, but you would pick Stipe to win more often than not, like 8/10.

Mir had potential but fold under pressure, didn't rely that much on his strong point (BJJ) because he thought he was a striking god after beating Zombie Nog and took lots of mass who really didn't help him. Not only the motocycle but also some poor choice of diet and training really stopped what could have been a very great HW of the UFC.

Stipe gets Kongo'd inside 1.

giphy.gif

Stipe has a good chance to KO Mir, but I can see Frank landing a good powershot or sneaking in a sub.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back