Prime Frank Mir vs Stipe Miocic

I also see stape getting Kongo'd in the first. Mir has power and stupe has a soft chin.

Stipe probably takes a decision if he guards his chin well. But if Mir drops him I see him locking up a choke for the win.

Mir lack the heart for Miocic

If Frank Mir didn't get in that motorcycle accident he could have done some amazing things.

His career highlight is dominating a very horrible looking Big Nog. Ironically, and even worse and over the hill Big Nog would have TKO or KO'd Mir had he not made the weird decision to go for a submission after knocking Mir down. He had that KO or TKO right in the bag there all he had to do was keep throwing punches at the downed and dazed Mir.

How do you think? Mir getting knocked out.
you seem to find every thread but never manage to add value. GOAT of shitposting.

It's an interestin question. Mir before the accident was a beast with his only lose being to Freeman in a fight he didn't really take seriously and paid the price for.

That version of Mir is honestly the only UFC HW from that era I thought may have had a chance against Fedor ( though probably not a great one).

When he came back and got KOed twice within a year it was obvious he was quite the same but still dangerous and then when he lost to Brock his whole legacy became very underated by fans. Especially once that weren't actually around and have just seen the Memes and GIFs of Brock beating him up.

A fight with Stipe I would say is 60-40 Stipe by KO if it's 2006-2010 Mir and 50-50 if it's 03-04 Mir. Mir always has a chance against anyone if it goes to the ground and while his striking isn't great he does have power and was pretty good with his dirty boxing so it would be an intriguing fight.

Awesome analysis, enjoyed the read.
I would lean towards Mir purely because his sick jiu-jitsu... Even though in my heart I see Stipe knocking him out if he stands up too long. Frank has power but can't rely on him to keep himself safe - in cage or on motorcycle.

Stipe would kill him with one arm tied around his back

you seem to find every thread but never manage to add value. GOAT of shitposting.

Awesome analysis, enjoyed the read.
I would lean towards Mir purely because his sick jiu-jitsu... Even though in my heart I see Stipe knocking him out if he stands up too long. Frank has power but can't rely on him to keep himself safe - in cage or on motorcycle.
Haha, yeah, that was the problem with Frank, he could catch anyone on the ground but he was a little over confident on the feet and would make wreckless defensive mistakes that would almost always end up costing him.

It also seems to be proven he was a bit wreckless on the bikes too but unfortunately mistakes there are much more costly. Who knows, he may have been a great rider and that was his only mistake but thats all it takes to end in disaster.

Frank doesn't do well when he gets hit a few times in a row. He gets stunned rather easily. I am not sure when is his prime since he got into that terrible motorcycle accident. Frank is a funny one, I never thought he was great but he surprised me by beating a lot of guys that I thought could beat him

mir getting ko'd in the 1st round

When is prime Mir?
Pre accident when he couldn’t strike very well?
Or post recovery, when he folded under pressure a lot?

Both get beaten by stipe imo

Stipe, easily. Frank quits and curls up into the fetal position when he gets hit.

Mur only has power when he lunges full steam. Stipe would "Werdum" Mur into the Shadow Realm.
No jiu jitsu when Mur hits the deck dead.

I liked Frank Mir but even in his resurgence prime (2008-2012) he was still a very beatable guy.

That motorcycle accident may have robbed us a goat career.
Agreed. I think we never saw prime Frank Mir. That ain't took away some of his best years, and he was marked with a lot of inconsistency since. Shame that, because his technical skills at their best could easily have made him maybe the best heavyweight in history.

Stipe boxes his face off. Look at what JDS did to Mir.

Young "prime" Mir couldnt strike for shit.

This prime vs prime threads are incredibly stupid. You cannot compare a pioneer that was creating the sport with a current fighter who already knew how to train, which strategies are better. Its just nonsense.

Back