Prime Cro Cop vs Prime Anderson Silva in PRIDE....

Yeah, good grief he would run through Anderson like a hot knife through butter. Exspecially when he threw those lefties.
You guys think Anderson could handle prime Wand? Easily lol...?

CroCop would literally kill Silva. Silva could only evade him for so long. Crocop was very explosive and fast in his prime I don't think Andy could evade him for too long back then.

lol...

cro cop would kill him

I can’t comprehend how anyone could think a 185er could beat a 250lb HW when both have comparable striking skills.

The power difference in strikes alone would crumble Anderson.

There’s a reason UFC carefully chose even 205ers to put against him.

Size difference isn't massive. CroCop is basically a blownup LHW fighting at HW. Silva is a pretty large MW and they are the same height . When Silva fought at MW in his prime he had to cut to make 205(Silva weight 206 against James Irvin). Very interesting fight. Pick 'em fight for me.

Yeah, good grief he would run through Anderson like a hot knife through butter. Exspecially when he threw those lefties.

It was his chin back then too man.. I seriously think he would walk through whatever Anderson had just to land his

Size difference isn't massive. CroCop is basically a blownup LHW fighting at HW. Silva is a pretty large MW and they are the same height . When Silva fought at MW in his prime he had to cut to make 205(Silva weight 206 against James Irvin). Very interesting fight. Pick 'em fight for me.

Yet the level of opposition they faced and beat was significantly different, whatever the matrix hype made out Crocop was a significantly better technicaly striker for me, maybe not as creative but less hittable and more deadly.

I actually suspect though if this happened we'd have seen Mirko destroy Silva's legs, dispite his chute boxe background lowkicks were never Silva's strength as we saw vs Chonan.

Also of course theres the potential for Mirko to take him down and unload with GnP, if he can threaten a fresh Wand like that he can threaten Silva.

Yet the level of opposition they faced and beat was significantly different, whatever the matrix hype made out Crocop was a significantly better technicaly striker for me, maybe not as creative but less hittable and more deadly.

I actually suspect though if this happened we'd have seen Mirko destroy Silva's legs, dispite his chute boxe background lowkicks were never Silva's strength as we saw vs Chonan.

Also of course theres the potential for Mirko to take him down and unload with GnP, if he can threaten a fresh Wand like that he can threaten Silva.

Yeah Cro Cop probably would've targeted Silvas legs with low kicks. And low kicks from prime Mirko? Not sure how Anderson would handle those. He might check them or adjust and throw straight punches down the pipe every time Mirko threw one. Or those kicks might snap Anderson's legs in half. Could go either way.

Yeah Cro Cop probably would've targeted Silvas legs with low kicks. And low kicks from prime Mirko? Not sure how Anderson would handle those. He might check them or adjust and throw straight punches down the pipe every time Mirko threw one. Or those kicks might snap Anderson's legs in half. Could go either way.

Not easy to counter Mirko's kicks though, I don't recall anyone ever doing that successfully.

Partly speed but also because he didn't depend on throwing large numbers of them, even against Yoshida where he won via lowkicks I'm guessing maybe it took less than 10? plus he could get power throwing with the lead leg.

I don't recall him specifically countering a kick though.

G4wiKEj.gif

Fedor being Fedor. Beating people where they are most dangerous. Is normal.

Cro Cop's like "OW!!! SHIT!!!" It's the same technique Weidman did to break Anderson's leg. Same exact thing.

Last edited:
That's checking it not actually throwing a counter punch though which again I don't recall anyone doing successfully vs a prime Mirko.

You should rewatch that fight. At one point Fedor catches a Mirko low kick with his arms and runs Mirko through the ropes of the ring. Straight up threw Mirko out of the ring. Fedor had answers for that low kick. Many answers. But I do agree he is the only one I can remember having an answer at all for that.

You should rewatch that fight. At one point Fedor catches a Mirko low kick with his arms and runs Mirko through the ropes of the ring. Straight up threw Mirko out of the ring. Fedor had answers for that low kick. Many answers. But I do agree he is the only one I can remember having an answer at all for that.

Again though that's not actually a counter punch, people caught his midkicks sometimes but that's not something I think Anderson would do or have the power to follow though with a takedown from.

Generally Mirko timed his kicks well and executed them so quickly that a direct counter punch was almost impossible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back