Prime Chuck Lidell's LHW resume is sick. Who has a better WINS resume at LHW?

Not really

Jones has got the best record.
Behind him are Rua or Hendo and then its Rampage.
After them its Chuck, Wandy or Machida

Chuck was great but he is nowhere near of having the best resume at LHW

Jones' run is impressive and perhaps better in terms of him being a more "dominant" champ.

But Liddell's resume to this day has not been topped. Jones needs a couple more BIG name wins, esp to fighters who are currently at the top of their game (Rumble might be last LHW currently that's top ranked that he hasn't fought). I think the Shogun win was impressive (and I don't think he was that far removed from being a really good fighter, his last 2 fights b4 this were Machida n he looked great in both). I don't think the Rampage one was all that great. Nor do I think beating Chael or Vitor (when both fight at a lower weight class) count all that much either. But I do give him props for beating DC, Gus and Rashad. All legit top level fighters (prob #2-3) when each fought him.

Liddell just fought a list of the who's who in MMA. Back when guys were trying to fight 3-4x a year. His fights were always somethin special as well.

Jones would have shit on those fighters at any stage of their careers

yet Jones couldn't even shit on an over the hill Rampage.

Yet Jones lost the first round to a 1-2 Machida who had been struggling mighily, who had already been figured out by a healthy Shogun. Healthy Shogun beat "Machida ERA Machida" far more impressively. Let that sink in

All 10 of you sherdog Jones fans are newbs who drink the kool aid.

I guarantee you prime Arona would have beaten Jones (vicious inside thigh kicks, better grappling, subs)

Prime Overeem would have been a tough fight for Jones. (Just as big. Way better striker)

Prime Nog with his boxing and grappling also would've been tough for Jones. (Jones has terrible stand up and was almost submitted by Vitor on the ground. Nog could definitely have subbed him)

Also Hendo could have landing big on Jones with Jones terrible defense

I guarantee you Jones would NOY have ever ever won that 2005 GP tourney.

I'm also taking 2005 GPS Shogun over Jones all day in a ring

Jones is literally terrible technically and skill wise. He gets by on size and wrestling and just because he beat all the big names when they were PAST IT that means nothing

Wait Rich Franklin beat Chuck?

Wasnt Rich a career MW?

ibkwfc.gif

8 more seconds and Chuck would have won that fight (if the doc noticed Rich's arm).

Wanderlei
Shogun
Rampage
Jone (still fighting so can get more top wins under his belt)

i love chuck but he didnt even figjht where the best lhws were at.

I mean he beat:

PRIME: Monson, Randleman, Mezger, Bustamante, Saluev (13-2 at the time, 12 fight winning streak), Belfort, Sobral 2x, Overeem, Ortiz 2x, Couture 2x, Horn and beat post his prime Wanderlei post his prime.

That's 15 (unless you don't count Saluev) GREAT wins.

I mean, f*cking sh*t.

Don't forget in only his 2nd pro fight, he beat Pele, in Brazil. That is impressive for anybody's 2nd fight. Chuck was a rare fighter.

Jones has a better resume IMO

yet Jones couldn't even shit on an over the hill Rampage.

Yet Jones lost the first round to a 1-2 Machida who had been struggling mighily, who had already been figured out by a healthy Shogun. Healthy Shogun beat "Machida ERA Machida" far more impressively. Let that sink in

All 10 of you sherdog Jones fans are newbs who drink the kool aid.

I guarantee you prime Arona would have beaten Jones (vicious inside thigh kicks, better grappling, subs)

Prime Overeem would have been a tough fight for Jones. (Just as big. Way better striker)

Prime Nog with his boxing and grappling also would've been tough for Jones. (Jones has terrible stand up and was almost submitted by Vitor on the ground. Nog could definitely have subbed him)

Also Hendo could have landing big on Jones with Jones terrible defense

I guarantee you Jones would NOY have ever ever won that 2005 GP tourney.

I'm also taking 2005 GPS Shogun over Jones all day in a ring

Jones is literally terrible technically and skill wise. He gets by on size and wrestling and just because he beat all the big names when they were PAST IT that means nothing

Derp.

Prime Chuck is a beast. He could hang with any LHW.

It is ironic Rampage was that one real throne in his side and yet Quinton couldn't beat Silva and Chuck handled him quite easily. MMA is crazy that way

People forget how incredible Chuck was back in the day.

I think Jones has the better resume, but Chuck was a monster.

8 more seconds and Chuck would have won that fight (if the doc noticed Rich's arm).

This is what makes CHuck the MAn

he didn't train under greg jackson who would have told him to coast

he always pushed for the finish....
The GOAT from the golden age of MMA when the UFC was full of Fighters and not full of selfish Athletes.

HE could have turned down the fight with Rich when Tito pulled out, but Chuck is a company man.

He could have cancelled the show like John would have done, but he didn't he kept the show going.

Did you know he had like 7 tKo's in a ROW ?

Amazing run

Last edited:
Jones' run is impressive and perhaps better in terms of him being a more "dominant" champ.

But Liddell's resume to this day has not been topped. Jones needs a couple more BIG name wins, esp to fighters who are currently at the top of their game (Rumble might be last LHW currently that's top ranked that he hasn't fought). I think the Shogun win was impressive (and I don't think he was that far removed from being a really good fighter, his last 2 fights b4 this were Machida n he looked great in both). I don't think the Rampage one was all that great. Nor do I think beating Chael or Vitor (when both fight at a lower weight class) count all that much either. But I do give him props for beating DC, Gus and Rashad. All legit top level fighters (prob #2-3) when each fought him.

Liddell just fought a list of the who's who in MMA. Back when guys were trying to fight 3-4x a year. His fights were always somethin special as well.

Shogun easily has a better resume' than Lidell. As for Jones, DC is a better win by far than any on Chucks resume (or any GOAT candidate). Jones also hasn't been stopped in his prime twice. 3 times if you count the 2nd Rampage fight.

I mean he beat:

PRIME: Monson, Randleman, Mezger, Bustamante, Saluev (13-2 at the time, 12 fight winning streak), Belfort, Sobral 2x, Overeem, Ortiz 2x, Couture 2x, Horn and beat post his prime Wanderlei post his prime.

That's 15 (unless you don't count Saluev) GREAT wins.

I mean, f*cking sh*t.

Even Jones only has 12: O'Brien, past his prime Vera, Old Janitor, Bader, Shogun (past his prime, but still great), Rampage (past his prime, but still great), Machida, Evans, Belfort, Gusti, Glover and Cormier.

Edited: Not a GOAT debate.

Wanderlei has 15. PRIME: Mezger, Hendo, Sakuraba 3x (put him out of his prime), Past his prime Tamura (won't count him), cont. old, but kicking as* Yoshida 2x, prime: Rampage 2x, Minowa, Kondo, Nakamura, Arona and old, but still kicking Fujita. He also beat Jardine at LHW, Bisping, Le and Stann all at MW well past his prime.

I'd say Rampage, Wanderlei, Jones and Shogun all have better lhw resumes than Chuck, all things considered. The only great fighter Chuck beat was Randy. All four of the guys I mentioned beat stiffer comp in their time. Tito was never a great fighter, Wandy was shot by the time he fought Chuck, and Chuck-Belfort was super-close.

A better question is who had the 5th best lhw res ever - Chuck or Machida?

I'd say Rampage, Wanderlei, Jones and Shogun all have better lhw resumes than Chuck, all things considered. The only great fighter Chuck beat was Randy. All four of the guys I mentioned beat stiffer comp in their time. Tito was never a great fighter, Wandy was shot by the time he fought Chuck, and Chuck-Belfort was super-close.

A better question is who had the 5th best lhw res ever - Chuck or Machida?

You just took a dump on an entire LHW roster of the golden era.

Chuck has 15 GREAT wins over top LHWs of his era.

Back