Prime Chuck Lidell's LHW resume is sick. Who has a better WINS resume at LHW?

Let's not count Sakuraba wins in Wanderlei's resume

I don't go in for comparing records to try'n determine "The greatest", but that's a goddamn impressive run. You have to have some serious Lidell hate not to acknowledge that.

I'm not even talking about the GOAT status here, but about the winning record.

Chuck's is amazing.

Last edited:
chuck was a big fish in a small pond, he went to pride and got destroyed

Jones is the greatest LHW of all time, and I'm quite sure the majority of people believe the same thing. He has the best resume out of any of the other LHW's, in my opinion. He's fought, and dominantly beaten many of the most legendary fighters in MMA history. He's been nothing but impressive in his UFC career, especially once he became the champion.

Liddell definitely does have a great resume, though. It isn't as great as Jones' in terms of competition, but people need to realize that Chuck was fighting a lot of the best fighters the world had to offer at the time and he looked great in doing so. It's the same with Fedor - I've seen a lot of people hate on him and say he was a can crusher, but they need to understand that those were the very best HW's in the world at the time over in Pride. Pride had a much better HW division than the UFC did at the time by FAR, and Fedor crushed everybody in his path and made it look easy.

Today's competition is on a different level than it was back then, though. Jones has beaten better competition than Chuck did.

Shogun (TKO), Rampage (RNC), Machida (Guillotine), Evans (UD), Belfort (Americana), Sonnen (TKO), Gustafsson (UD), Glover (UD), Cormier (UD). Man, it does not get any more impressive than that. It really doesn't.

Jones is the greatest LHW of all time. The only other LHW that I believe has a resume that is even close to Jones' is Shogun's, in my opinion. Shogun is the only other guy with a resume that comes close, but really, I still don't think it's actually close, just that Shogun is the only other guy who has a murderous row of opponents on his list, but still not on the level of who Rampage beat, best way I can explain it right now.

/rantsrantsrantsrants

EDIT: By the way, I'm a HUGE Chuck Liddell fan. Always have been and always will be. He was one of the fighters that I first watched when I was first getting into MMA and yes, his resume is definitely great. Chuck was just so awesome to watch. I really wish I got into MMA sooner to watch his reign. Would've been so awesome. I really hate that I started watching so late.

I miss Chuck. :(

I think Jones is the GOAT LHW too, but he beat some legends who were past their primes, while Chuck beat everybody basically in their primes.

chuck was a big fish in a small pond, he went to pride and got destroyed

Bullsh*t.

UFC and PRIDE LHWs and HWs were in the same league, except that PRIDE had more great fighters. Top HWs and LHWs of PRIDE + contemporary UFC were all great.

I'm not even talking about the GOAT status here, but about the winning record.

Chuck's is amazing.

Isn't that basically the same thing as every LHW great except Jones has losses, most of them in double digits.

Isn't that basically the same thing as every LHW great except Jones has losses, most of them in double digits.

No.

I'm talking about the number of great wins only here.

It's very different. The GOAT of a division needs more. That's why it's Jones.

His losses will come, if he fights long enough. He is only 28 FFS. In his prime, while most of his opponents were older.

Liddell had wins over 5 UFC champions (if you count Vitor's tournament Championship). Lyoto Machida has win's over 6 past UFC champions. And, a win over Michael McDonald, one of the top K-1 fighters, ever.

He also ruined Rich Franklin's Thiago Silva's, and Rashad Evan's perfect records.

Tito Ortiz (C)
BJ Penn (C)
Rich Franklin (C)
Thiago Silva
Shogun (C)
Rashad Evans (C)
Randy Couture (C)
Ryan Bader
Dan Henderson

His resume is as elite as anybody's. I mean at one point he had what 5 straight title defense KO streak going and had only lost 3 fights and already avenged 2 of them. Then the wheels fell off but still.

He's certainly up there, personally I have him over Rampage even with the defeats...

1.Jones
2.Shogun
3.Wanderlei
=.Chuck
5.Rampage

Wins over Hollywood Couture mean nothing. Two wins over should-be middleweight Babalu mean nothing.

Jones easily.

Rampage aswell. rampage has beaten volvchancyn, Randleman, Bustamante, Chuck, Arona, Dan Henderson, Wanderlie, Lyoto(lol)

Belfort, Gustafsson and Cormier are the only 3 fighters who went for it against Jones. The cormier win is the only one he really impressed. The rest are a bunch of guys who fought timid in a way that they didn't wanna get embarassed far removed from the "old school" way some of those guys fought.

During that 3 year dominant period, only Jones rates higher.

Chuck fought in the UFC LHW, which was clearly much worse than Pride(And it showed when Chuck fought Rampage/Shogun). He was good for sure, but no way are his wins more impressive than Jones, Shogun, Wand, or Rampage.

1.)Jones
2.)Shogun
3.)Wand/Rampage
4.)Chuck

Even his corner told him to stop doing it.

Back