Prime bs

He didn't start combat sports at that age though and wrestling is absolutely horrible for the body in terms of long term injuries.

It does seem to create terminators though

Yea im sure you know about the affects of hard training....

Not trolling just unsure about how much you know about the affects of training when you have never trained and have 20k posts on an internet forum

Keep going dude, we've gone with saying someone doesn't train, we've one with post count, you're so close to dropping the basement dweller line you can almost taste it. <{jackyeah}>

I’ve said it before, Fedor/Pride fanboys are worse than Conor fans post UFC 205, they’re so delusional and blinded by nostalgia

This thread is further proof of that

I wouldn't lump all Fedor fans in the same bucket. I'm a Fedor fan. He's one of my favorite fighters ever. Loved Pride back in the day, and as a PRODUCT I absolutely prefer over the current UFC.

Yet - I often find myself on the opposite sides of these debates, just because of the creative license some people take in how Pride fighters would fare in current times.

There is a difference between having 30 mma fights and 100+ Sambo fights by the time you're 30 than starting your career in your 30s... obviously they would have different primes (DC, Fedor). Jon Jones is clearly going out of his prime based on his last 3 fights and he's like 32 but have fought since 20 years old.

DC has had thousands of wrestling matches since he was a sperm. Hey wasn't getting punched in the head, but wrestling and the training that it involves is brutal. Not to mention all of the weight cutting they do.

y
There is a difference between having 30 mma fights and 100+ Sambo fights by the time you're 30 than starting your career in your 30s... obviously they would have different primes (DC, Fedor). Jon Jones is clearly going out of his prime based on his last 3 fights and he's like 32 but have fought since 20 years old.
yet israel has over 100 actual professional fights and he gets better in each one.

There’s a myth created by Pride fans that fighters are in their prime in their 20’s and they like to back it up by the age of Olympic gold medalists. A lot of Olympic sports are mostly based on athleticism and less on skill and they are mostly amateur athletes.

The closest major sports to MMA in terms of athletics and skill necessarily would be boxing, NFL, basketball, tennis and football.

The best boxers:
Fury 32
Wilder 35
AJ 31

NFL:
Tom Brady 43

Basketball:
LeBron James 36
Durant 32

Tennis:
Novak 33
Nadal 34
Federer 39

Football:
Ronaldo 36
Messi 33

UFC champs right now:
Stipe 38
Jan 37
Izzy 31
Usman 33
Khabib 32
Volkanovski 32
Yan 28
Figgy 33

Can this baseless shit argument die already?

All these guys were real good in their twenties. Also team sports make one look even better if their team is good.

Now for mma. Obviously fighters primes are different because some fighter started late mma or even combat sports. They have way less body wear then other fighters who did combat sports since they were kids and teens.

Wrestling, judo ,sambo, boxing, bjj, kickboxing is hard on the body, even more so if your competing in those arts.

As you get older your skill gets better, but you still need your body and reflexes to be where they were when you were younger. That's why father of time is undefeated.

DC has had thousands of wrestling matches since he was a sperm. Hey wasn't getting punched in the head, but wrestling and the training that it involves is brutal. Not to mention all of the weight cutting they do.
Being a ring girl is harder. They have even more restrictive diets and do way worse stuff to make mirror weight for events. They too like wrestling don’t get a lot of CTE.
Arianny> DC & Fedor

Lol Fedor fans in such denial.

The guy was juiced and half his fights were fixed or against the Zulus of the world.

According to is derpy fans, he was instantly "out of prime" after he foolishly jumped into Werdums gaurd

Lol, Fedor haters live in such delusions.
I posted facts about other guys being caught, there is no single indication, that he was on juice...

And fixed fights?... Why da fuck would Japanese orgs fix fights for Russian fighter?
Do you have any proof or that was a hater's brainfart?

@gono btw , get this clown!

1: DC didn't have thoudans of wrestling matches, 2: he never cut weight intill he moved to LHW until in 2014.

There’s a myth created by Pride fans that fighters are in their prime in their 20’s and they like to back it up by the age of Olympic gold medalists. A lot of Olympic sports are mostly based on athleticism and less on skill and they are mostly amateur athletes.

The closest major sports to MMA in terms of athletics and skill necessarily would be boxing, NFL, basketball, tennis and football.

The best boxers:
Fury 32
Wilder 35
AJ 31

NFL:
Tom Brady 43

Basketball:
LeBron James 36
Durant 32

Tennis:
Novak 33
Nadal 34
Federer 39

Football:
Ronaldo 36
Messi 33

UFC champs right now:
Stipe 38
Jan 37
Izzy 31
Usman 33
Khabib 32
Volkanovski 32
Yan 28
Figgy 33

Can this baseless shit argument die already?

The fact that you can name outliers doesn't negate a scientific fact around athletic prime. Half the people you name are examples of players that were good, but obviously aging.

1: DC didn't have thoudans of wrestling matches, 2: he never cut weight intill he moved to LHW until in 2014.

Your 2020 join date is showing. DC started wrestling in grade school and competed all of the way up until he was almost 30 years old before he started MMA. If you count scrimmages and practice I guarantee he's had thousands of matches not to mention that an amateur wrestler has 30-40 matches in competition a season.

He also wrestled at 184 in college and almost died from cutting weight when he was in the Olympics in 2008. So yes he was cutting weight long before he ever moved down to LHW.

I always thought Fedors losses in his early 30s were a combination of luck eventually running out, and just poor training. He was showing up fat and sloppy in strikeforce.

LMAO. Ronaldo and Messi are both washed up has beens that will end up in some C league team very soon. Mbappe and Halland would run circles around them. They are far from the beasts they were in their 20s and it’s a fact. The only reason they are still in Europe is because they are money making machines. Those jerseys sell like hotdogs in a baseball game.

Stick to the sport that you know before you throw data. No soccer player is in his prime past 33 unless we talk about goalkeepers.

Most of the mongoloids in this thread never trained or competed in any sports so they think atheltes should still be in thier prime because a juiced up Randy Couture fought decently at 45.

TS is a salty can

Fedor is the GOAT, not your steroid boy Jones

Deal with it dude

<Fedor23>

Most of the mongoloids in this thread never trained or competed in any sports so they think atheltes should still be in thier prime because a juiced up Randy Couture fought decently at 45.

I think part of it is that the UFC does tend to promote in a pro wrestling like fashion targeting those who probably don't watch many other sports. Dana has expressed admiration for Vince McMahon a few times and I think theres a good argument that the way he promotes the UFC is basically "WWE with real fighting", the way so much of the promotion is in house with UFC employees selling a company line as analysis of the sport. I mean it makes sense doesnt it? if you have that kind of hold on your fanbase and its much easier to sell them a product.

There is a hatred of "casuals" on Sherdog but honestly MMA is pretty unique that I think a lot of the more hardcore fanbase are actually more ignorant, there more under the spell of that UFC hype and more willing to buy PPV's of questionable quality.

How about you search and post the links. And I'll have a cup of coffee while I'm waiting. That sounds better to me.

You're a big boy, you can do it

Just look at the history of the sport

The champs are nearly all mid 30s, or older

Aside from jbj and vitor, everyone else paid their dues and took the crown with experience and wisdom over just youth

Back