Press Day

groin striker

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
On my press day I had to cut out barbell bench pressing and replace it with dumbell bench press because it agravates my injured shoulder, since then I dont seem to be getting as good of tricep workout as I used to!

my press day looks like this;

dumbell flat bench press

incline dumbell press

tate press

weighted dips

milatary press

what exercises could I do to get a good tricep workout? thanks

Your press day has too much pressing.

Board presses are great for triceps.

Dash_Riprock said:
Your press day has too much pressing.

Board presses are great for triceps.

What are board press?? what should I cut out of my pressing day?

groin striker said:
What are board press?? what should I cut out of my pressing day?

Board presses are bench presses done with boards on your chest. Rather than having the bar come all the way down and touch your chest, it hits the boards instead. The more boards you use the shorter the ROM.

Sonny said:
Board presses are bench presses done with boards on your chest. Rather than having the bar come all the way down and touch your chest, it hits the boards instead. The more boards you use the shorter the ROM.[/QUOT

sounds a bit complicated, any simplier exercies?

all those exercises work your tri's to a degree, and the tate presses are a tri specific exercise.

gruesome said:
all those exercises work your tri's to a degree, and the tate presses are a tri specific exercise.

Yeah i no it just seemed that when I was benching with a barbell I was getting a better tri workout, surpose its because you can't really press the same weight with a dumbell!

There is also the issue of a different pressing motion. It all depends how you bench with a barbell, but for me, when I use dumbells my press starts higher on my chest, where as when I use a barbell its much lower. That position is altering what muscles are being epmhasized.

Try this for Tri's..
At the very end of your workout do one set of band pressdowns or extensions for 50 reps.
I'm telling you it will add a ton of strength if you use enough weight that you are really pushing for the last few reps.

Also, thats a lot of pushing, I wouldn't suggest doing that workout more then once a week. In fact if your goal is strength, that workout plain sucks ass.

Check out the westside for skinny bastards article. I think that article is dead on target for most people. Add some hardcore GPP on your off days and adjust slightly here and there for your own personnal taste and you end up with a very good program.

I think jumping jacks will work your quads too. Do them instead of squats.

Foulsmeller said:
Try this for Tri's..
At the very end of your workout do one set of band pressdowns or extensions for 50 reps.
I'm telling you it will add a ton of strength if you use enough weight that you are really pushing for the last few reps.

Also, thats a lot of pushing, I wouldn't suggest doing that workout more then once a week. In fact if your goal is strength, that workout plain sucks ass.

Check out the westside for skinny bastards article. I think that article is dead on target for most people. Add some hardcore GPP on your off days and adjust slightly here and there for your own personnal taste and you end up with a very good program.

I only do it once a week anyway! im not skinny either im 6,3 aabout 220lbs not much fat, but I will take a look at that site! I was gona cut out incline bb press and rotate it with flat bb press each week!

rickdog said:
I think jumping jacks will work your quads too. Do them instead of squats.

Best advice ever given in the S&P Forum. EVER!!!

Listen to this guy, he knows what he's talking about.

No man he is not joking. Jumping jacks are great mass builders for the quads. It is a guarded secret. Try them and se your quads explode!

krellik said:
No man he is not joking. Jumping jacks are great mass builders for the quads. It is a guarded secret. Try them and se your quads explode!

was asking about my tricep and I get quad advice never heard of jumping jacks?

No man just kidding. The man that wrote about them initialy I think sarcasticaly responded to the claim that you should use band pressdowns for 50 reps to increase the strength of the triceps.

A jumping jack is when you stand with your arms to your side, jump out with your arms and legs to create a "standing snow angel", if you get what I mean, or perhaps you just meant that you hadnt heard of jumping jacks for making huge quads? Well that is because jumping jacks dont give you that.. They can be nice for warm ups and conditioning though....;)

LOL, sorry man, I thought you would have know I was joking. I was being sarcastic in reference to some of the other strange advice you recieved in some of the other posts.

Rack lockouts man or close grip bench press, both great exercises for the tri daddys.

Back