Pereira > Makhachev (P4P ranking)

Why is Islam above Pereira in the P4P ranking?

Pereira has more top 10 ranked wins, more wins over champion-caliber fighters and the same number of title defenses (3) but Pereira did it in 6 months, while Islam did it in 2 years.

Like on some real shit, he just fought the number eight guy and you’re asking why why he’s not pound for pound number one???

Roundtree was specifically chosen for this fight to lose.

Lol Pereira beating Rountree is a better win for the resume than Makhachev beating Volkanovski on a 21 fight win streak & who came into the fight an undisputed champion with 4 title defenses at the time. Brilliant. <lmao>

Defeating an undefeated champion like Adesanya (20-0 at MW with 5 title defenses) in his own weight class is better than defeating Volkanovski (a featherweight) at lightweight.

Last edited:
Islam dominated volk twice.

Every shertard poster on here used to think volk was #1 p4p. Islam mopped the floor with him twice.
So he beat a world class featherweight at lightweight? and mopped the floor? He barely won the first one. hahahah

A small FW, unranked at LW.
Also Pereira defeated Adesanya at MW, who had more title defenses (5) than Volkanovski (4) when they fought.
Yet a guy who can make HW fights MWs. I see no issue in this but be consistent with no double standards

Imagine the criticism if Islam went to war with a mid ass one dimensional striker in his division

I don't see it happening. If it was Ank and he knocked him out for sure, but beating the #8 aint gonna do anything for his p4p ranking.

Imagine the criticism if Islam went to war with a mid ass one dimensional striker in his division
This wouldn't happen because Islam would never make 3 title defenses in just 175 days.

At some point, inactivity should be used against him and in favor of Alex.

This wouldn't happen because Islam would never make 3 title defenses in just 175 days.

At some point, inactivity should be used against him and in favor of Alex.
The quality of fighters that Islam is defending against are leaps and bounds greater than Pereiras opposition.

For beating a number 8 ranked guy? Islam has 2 wins over number 1 p4p and hasn't lost in ages. And let's not forget Alex got knocked out cold just 18 months ago. There is also the fact that Alex has no grappling and that could get him in trouble if he ever faces a grappler.

Because beating Dustin and Charles and Volk is more impressive than Jiri and Khalil. Plus Alex got slept just last year

I am waiting for Islam to lose, but his spot is undeniable. Best fighter on the planet. I have a hard time seeing how can anyone win against him, whatever they do... For Poatan, that is far from truth. Also, i think Islam is a prime example of what a MMA fighter should be.

The quality of fighters that Islam is defending against are leaps and bounds greater than Pereiras opposition.
No it isn't.
Adesanya at MW > Volk at LW
Jiri > Dustin

Back