• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pre-fight discussion UFC 297 Strickland vs. Du Plessis Sat. Jan. 20 Early Prelims 6:30PM ET ESPN+, Main PPV 10PM ET

Planning to watch

• All of it

• Most of it

• Some of it

Results are only viewable after voting.
Below is a video of du Plessis pre-fight media-day interview.
He seems highly intelligent, calm, cogent, balanced and very determined.

Interesting interview, give it a listen if you have the patience for a 20mins+ interview :

And here is Strickland's "No Filter Whatsoever" Interview on Media Day..... absolutely savages one Canadian reporter.....

Never dull !!

this is the start of the savaging of the Canadian reporter. It gets....ahh....quite spicy indeed, and ends up with Sean throwing extensive multiple insults at the Canadian guy :

And here is Strickland's "No Filter Whatsoever" Interview on Media Day..... absolutely savages one Canadian reporter.....

Never dull !!

this is the start of the savaging of the Canadian reporter. It gets....ahh....quite spicy indeed, and ends up with Sean throwing extensive multiple insults at the Canadian guy :

Says the reporter doenst have a backbone, but can’t say what he feels about bud light because his boss told him not to. Ironic.

1*2vj2fuzplW78P01velY5kQ.gif

Can't wait to get my WHACK on!

Never dull !!

I'm not particularly fond of a lot of Sean's views but that reporter was there with a purpose to instigate. Like wtf did you expect with a question like that and then to keep pressing it.

<28>

Below is a video of du Plessis pre-fight media-day interview.
He seems highly intelligent, calm, cogent, balanced and very determined.

Interesting interview, give it a listen if you have the patience for a 20mins+ interview :

Listened to both (Sean and DDP) back to back… these guys couldn’t be more polar opposite in terms of personality… looking forward to watching them clash.

Preview: UFC 297 Prelims​

Katona vs. Armfield​

FacebookTwitterReddit0Email

TOM FEELY JAN 17, 2024 COMMENTS

The Ultimate Fighting Championship’s return to Toronto with UFC 297 this Saturday at Scotiabank Arena will see an undercard that clocks in as expected and features an array of Canadian talent. In the featured spot, Winnipeg-born bantamweight Brad Katona makes his first appearance since winning Season 31 of “The Ultimate Fighter” when he takes on Garrett Armfield. However, the best bout of the bunch might land one slot below, where the eternally exciting Charles Jourdain looks to keep his momentum going against lanky striker Sean Woodson at 145 pounds. Meanwhile, Gillian Robertson gets back to action for what should be an engaging encounter with fellow grappler Polyana Viana in the women’s strawweight division.

Now to the preview for the UFC 297 prelims:

Michael Bisping's pre-fight analysis of the Strickland vs du Plessis fight :

worth watching that.

Up until this morning, I was certain DDP was going to win and do it fairly easily. But as I put more thought into it to make my picks. I went with Strickland by way of UD. Of course, if he comes out lead by emotion, I think he gets koed in the 2nd. But I think he stays composed and DDP gasses.
I also went with Silva by sub in the 3rd. I think Pennington gasses enough for Silva to catch her in something in a scramble.
I got Malott by UD , Curtis by KO in the 1st.. Evloev by UD

Anyone think Gillian is in danger every moment this fight isn't on the ground? The Agapova fight was hard to watch with all the shots she had to just soak up before finally getting it to the ground. Viana can really crack with either hand and throws hard punches in flurries.I mean if Maycee can essentially melt you within a few minutes, can't Viana duplicate that?

Back