#PrayForDawkins

"Maintaining difference of opinion is a thing commendable, but not at the cost of respect you extend to whom you differ with."

running-man1.jpg

Interesting now that Killian was basically a televangelist.

"Maintaining difference of opinion is a thing commendable, but not at the cost of respect you extend to whom you differ with."
Yeah see I just flat-out disagree with that, and frankly think that anyone who doesn't is naive or a liar or a hypocrite. Of course I lose respect for people who hold certain opinions.

Yeah see I just flat-out disagree with that, and frankly think that anyone who doesn't is naive or a liar or a hypocrite. Of course I lose respect for people who hold certain opinions.

CERTAIN opinions, maybe. But someone being a Christian? C'mon. That requires being a dickhead?

Dawkins is basically a Neo-Nazi of the atheism movement.

I just said in my head "Oh dear Lord". Dammit, my childhood. That will be such a loss.

The Church of England sent out a tweet asking people to pray for him. So the question is: were they being sincere, or assholes? Probably assholes.
Depends WHO from the C of E I guess. It could be some dick on Twitter after necking a couple of bottles of the holy wine or some nice bloke.

Dawkins is basically a Neo-Nazi of the atheism movement.

That's a bit of a stretch don't you think? Comparing an educator who is an advocate for science and reason instead of bronze age superstition does not exactly sound like a neo-nazi to me.

I wish him a speedy death, so can finally find out what most of us have known all along...that God is the realist.
Well he is still alive...must be part of a bigger plan.
I'm still curious as to who will apologies to who, Dawkins for not believing, or God for inventing an unbelieving man. Doesn't matter, Dawkins is going to hell for committing science.
zwCmwTb.gif

Who calls him that?

Thomas Huxley was called Darwin's bulldog for wrecking Wilberforce
Stephen S Hall called him that in 2005 in an article. It was delineated off of Huxley being called Darwin's bulldog. An accurate enough moniker.

That's a bit of a stretch don't you think? Comparing an educator who is an advocate for science and reason instead of bronze age superstition does not exactly sound like a neo-nazi to me.

I understand your objection, but in terms of his extremism there's not a great deal of difference.

And while I'm not even a Christian I find the term "bronze-age superstition" to be kind of condescending. Because truth is not limited to any time frame.

Let's imagine that any religious truth is in fact truth. It would kind of be weird if it was only discovered now, in the 21st century.

I understand your objection, but in terms of his extremism there's not a great deal of difference.

And while I'm not even a Christian I find the term "bronze-age superstition" to be kind of condescending. Because truth is not limited to any time frame.

Let's imagine that any religious truth is in fact truth. It would kind of be weird if it was only discovered now, in the 21st century.
But it IS a bronze age superstition. Thankfully us, as people, are starting to question what we were brought up with. Because us, as people have the luxury of thinking in our own right that yes maybe some bloke called Jesus maybe did exist but he's not come from some geezer in the sky. I find it utterly ridiculous that in this day with everything around us people find heaven and hell and God to be a real thing. Flabbergasted. Thankfully the people I hold dear (apart from my mum who only believes for fear of God) don't put up with this archaic poppycock.

I suppose if he advocated for violence for those that opposed his viewpoint I'd agree with you about his 'extremism'.

Your last sentence is one of the reasons why I admire Mr. Dawkins. If there were any evidence to support a religion, he would gladly accept it. Until then, Christianity is a bronze-age superstition, as with Islam.

But it IS a bronze age superstition. Thankfully us, as people, are starting to question what we were brought up with. Because us, as people have the luxury of thinking in our own right that yes maybe some bloke called Jesus maybe did exist but he's not come from some geezer in the sky. I find it utterly ridiculous that in this day with everything around us people find heaven and hell and God to be a real thing. Flabbergasted. Thankfully the people I hold dear (apart from my mum who only believes for fear of God) don't put up with this archaic poppycock.

Here's an interesting observation. . .

I once believed in God and Christ with unwavering faith. Now I don't and call myself an agnostic.

The lesson? Just because you think something doesn't make it true. People change their minds about things large and small all the time. This alone should at least engender a certain respect toward other people's thought patterns.

What an absurd exaggeration
He's a strange guy. The fact that People don't put up with religion really upsets him... I actually feel bad for him.

Last edited:
When the worst thing people can come up with against "militant" atheists is they're mean or annoying it tells you everything you need to know.

Back