POTWR 2019: State of the War Room #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you wanna comment on the substance of the extensive answers I've extended the courtesy of supplying to you then now's the time.

If anything is juvenile it's this type of posturing you're engaging in right now, presumably to distract the audience from you being exposed as nothing more than a butthurt malcontent.
Why would I? My post was for you to consider, you decided to take offense (do tell me about butthurt btw). How to moderate those threads isn’t a subject I feel strongly about, not to the point I feel the need do debate you for all to see on how it should be done.

My initial idea was to give you my impressions on how it’s working, you lashed out and turned it against me. If me pointing that out is a distraction then I guess I’m glad you’re distracted. I’ll continue to call this futile self-aggrandizing failed experiment for what it is though.

My initial idea was to give you my impressions on how it’s working,...

Really all you did was bitch about the existence of one particular thread and then insist I mollycoddle a dude, while ignoring he did nothing to present anything of substance for me to actually consider. Oh wait, you accused me of not listening, in spite of specifically addressing each concern voiced.

You either want an apology (for your reply ban) or admission of guilt (for offending you with a thread topic), yet have provided nothing to warrant either. Any serious poster here can see you're not sincere.

Really all you did was bitch about the existence of one particular thread and then insist I mollycoddle a dude, while ignoring he did nothing to present anything of substance for me to actually consider. Oh wait, you accused me of not listening, in spite of specifically addressing each concern voiced.

You either want an apology (for your reply ban) or admission of guilt (for offending you with a thread topic), yet have provided nothing to warrant either. Any serious poster here can see you're not sincere.
I’m fine with neither of those things, really. Again, you asked for feedback, I gave it with no expectations whatsoever (by all means ignore it, make threads shittier than the one I mentioned and ban everyone who doesn’t subscribe to the illusion that there’s serious discussion to be had). Do whatever you like with it.

But since you took offense I’m going to point out how this is all an exercise in futility. Cause it is.

I’m fine with neither of those things, really.

Then what do you want besides the thorough answers you've been given? How do you explain your unwillingness to acknowledge them?

But since you took offense I’m going to point out how this is all an exercise in futility. Cause it is.

This is you being full of shit. Which you'll demonstrate by responding to this with more bickering while ignoring the two questions up above.

Then what do you want besides the thorough answers you've been given? How do you explain your unwillingness to acknowledge them?

This is you being full of shit. Which you'll demonstrate by responding to this with more bickering while ignoring the two questions up above.
I don’t -want- anything dude. For all intents and purposes I was done once I posted my feedback for you to take under consideration or not.

But you responded with “u mad cuz u banned” and apparently it’s surprising I responded to shit slinging.

Feedback is supposed to be taken into consideration, even if it's later discarded. You don't make a thread asking for feedback and on the most obvious instance (which, frankly, you knew was coming) immediately disregard it.

Otherwise this thread is "hey guise I think I'm doing very good, come at me" as opposed to "help me improve".

Normally I'd have cut you loose posts ago, but all things considered, we're gonna ride this bitch out to the bitter end. So above is your initial post.

Here's my post you were responding to.

If people wanna waste their time bitching about that one thread that's their choice. Not one of of the folks talking shit on the thread even attempted to collect the money on the challenge, nor demonstrate that it was a hoax. Honestly, I was pretty disappointed in the WR as a whole. Except for @RerouteToRemain.

Go ahead and tell me what wasn't considered and how you know it wasn't.

Unfortunately you can’t bitch to the mods and have people reply banned from this one,

Reply ban butthurt confirmed. And that's giving you the benefit of the doubt because anyone truly upset of the FE thread really needs to take stock of themselves.

Summary:
  • You didn't like the FE thread.
  • I explained why I did the thread.
  • You repeated yourself as if your concern wasn't addressed. Yet denied you were in need of some remorse on my part.
  • I pointed out you're a whiny cunt because you got reply banned (for bitching about the existence of the thread in the thread).
  • You don't really care. Just trying to help me be a better POTWR.
Feedback noted.

Cheers.

Dedicated to @MiniCraque (for no reason other than it's good).

None of this bullshit is necessary.

3423c86a066490327ea125299f09d0c9.png

Normally I'd have cut you loose posts ago, but all things considered, we're gonna ride this bitch out to the bitter end. So above is your initial post.

Here's my post you were responding to.

Go ahead and tell me what wasn't considered and how you know it wasn't.
I mean, the first piece of feedback thrown your way (flat earth thread = bad) was labeled by you as bitching and talking shit. That’s why I said this sounded more like “come at me” than “what should be improved”. Your following posts unfortunately confirmed my initial concern.

You knew damn well that thread would be brought up as criticism (as all disgraceful threads should) and it might be the reason why the current one is a ghost town, but who knows.

As for what was considered or not, that’s on you. Either take it seriously or don’t, I doubt anyone cares whether that happens or not. No need to even tell anyone. “U talking shit” and “u mad” does make it obvious on which side that particular coin landed though.

I mean, the first piece of feedback thrown your way (flat earth thread = bad) was labeled by you as bitching and talking shit.

Crude characterization aside, all that was explained. At this point it's pretty clear you're the guy who can't handle feedback.

Cheers.

Greetings War Room Sherbros,

We're about 2/3 of the way through the twenty different threads promised to you by the Cubo/Chris campaign. The next installment is scheduled for Monday the 15th and the topic is yet to be determined. In the meantime, here's an opportunity for everyone to give feedback on how things have gone so far.

I'd also like to remind folks that there's still room for anyone looking to spearhead a thread. So if you've got a topic you'd like to see explored then please let me know. Otherwise I'm going to do whatever random topics strike my fancy.

A special thanks to all of our contributors so far.

Cheers,

Cubo

POTWR 2019 Vol 1: Shots Fired! Examining Police Shootings In America
POTWR 2019 Vol 2: Happy Happy Joy Joy
POTWR 2019 Vol 3: Examining Opioid Addiction In America
POTWR 2019 Vol 4: Repeal Or Respect The 2nd Amendment?
POTWR 2019 Vol 5: Based On Known Facts, Would You Remove Trump From Office?
POTWR 2019 Vol 6: Internet Security Basics
POTWR 2019 Vol 7: Change My Mind That The Word "Platform" Is Orwellian
POTWR 2019 Vol 8: Should The Right To Keep And Bear Arms Be An International Human Right?
POTWR 2019 Vol 9: Is Social Media Access Damaging To Our Youth?

POTWR 2019 Vol 10: What Do You Like About The War Room And What Would You Change?
POTWR 2019 Vol 11: Can We All Test For Ourselves That The Earth Is Round?

POTWR 2019 Vol 12: What Role Should Schools Play In Raising Our Children?
POTWR 2019 Vol 13: Why Not Support The Military Industrial Complex?
What are You the fucking new mod? Gtfo.

I love you

It's an election.

No one who commands as little respect as you do stands a chance. Look at how few votes guys like Panamaican and Jack Savage got the first time around.

You guys seriously underestimate how unpopular you are on here.
Ok 2018 account, move along. An anti religion, anti farmer welfare platform will go farther than you could imagine. Hopefully you will still have an account by then. I wonder if we should even allow felons like you to vote. You were banned for a reason and re create account after account, you're like an illegal immigrant accused of a felony who comes back under a different name, pathetic and not what the war room needs.

To be honest, moving forward, my inner cynic prefers nobody pitching a thread. It's easier. Sucks to think some sort of personal bullshit or disdain for my posting and/or methods interferes with the appreciation of some other Sherbro's effort. @nhbbear worked hard for everyone's behalf in multiple early threads. When a large percentage of people who agree upfront to participate in a thread don't, well...that's foreboding.

The inner optimist hopes (still, like a dummy) to be approached by posters with thread ideas they care about, or have a keen interest in. And that somehow the topic extracts the best in what this forum has to offer. And (I fuckin' know!) we'eve so much to offer. Doctors. Lawyers. Soldiers. Accountants. Teachers. Computer fuckin' dudes. Cool-headed logicians.

The inner pragmatist will continue on.

You're welcome to substantiate your accusations and complaints with quotes. I've linked all the threads in the OP. I bet you can't demonstrate a pattern to substantiate them.

As for boycotts, is there one other than the one mentioned by the team that lost the election? Am I supposed to miss those dudes coming into the threads and making a point of shitting them up?

Sure. And when someone who hasn't proven to be an adversarial asshole who breaks the rules in multiple threads and complains they're unfairly persecuted has something current they wanna discuss that hasn't already been addressed ad naseum in both public and private then I'm here. I'm not going to explain Mike's history to you. I'll just say I don't owe that dude any further explanations or patience after the tone he chose to set.

So go ahead. I'm listening.

I mean, if an adversarial relationship developed as a direct result of the way your threads have been moderated, wouldn't it be useful to hear their gripes, especially if they're spelled out to you and not coming as snide remarks? Again, feedback is very much supposed to come from people who think you're doing a bad or even terrible job. To dismiss that wholesale kinda defeats the whole purpose.

But sure, if you wanna hear it, the flat earth thread was an absolute fiasco. You lended credibility to a joke of a conspiracy theory in the hands of a poster we all know is trolling. Like if you thought even for a second that a cash reward for someone in that thread was feasible I really don't know what to tell you. The fact that the last posts in that thread were globetard memes was the cherry on top.

All that was only made worse by the fact that you refused to hear to any public feedback about that thread and resorted to banning anyone who didn't play along with your ridiculously narrow course of discussion. It's not even like the bans were exclusively for deliberate attempts at derailing, some were after a single post.

What if I start saying I sincerely believe that Mitch McConnell is in reality a demon from slavic folklore wearing the skin of a human victim and we create a thread where people are supposed to prove me wrong? With the added detail that I am the one decides who "won"? That sounds fucking retarded, doesn't it? Well, there you go.

See bro, you asked for feedback. You were given it, and responded with “u mad”. With that I’ll stop taking this thread (and you) seriously. If this is to be some narcissistic exercise in being patted on the back, I’m sure someone will oblige you. If you’re not open to criticism, might as well name this one “tell me how great I am”.

Unfortunately you can’t bitch to the mods and have people reply banned from this one, but I don’t think it’s even necessary since the people willing to give criticism are much less likely to bump this masturbatory tragedy of a thread now that they’ve seen how open you are.

Why would I? My post was for you to consider, you decided to take offense (do tell me about butthurt btw). How to moderate those threads isn’t a subject I feel strongly about, not to the point I feel the need do debate you for all to see on how it should be done.

My initial idea was to give you my impressions on how it’s working, you lashed out and turned it against me. If me pointing that out is a distraction then I guess I’m glad you’re distracted. I’ll continue to call this futile self-aggrandizing failed experiment for what it is though.

I’m fine with neither of those things, really. Again, you asked for feedback, I gave it with no expectations whatsoever (by all means ignore it, make threads shittier than the one I mentioned and ban everyone who doesn’t subscribe to the illusion that there’s serious discussion to be had). Do whatever you like with it.

I don’t -want- anything dude. For all intents and purposes I was done once I posted my feedback for you to take under consideration or not.

But you responded with “u mad cuz u banned” and apparently it’s surprising I responded to shit slinging.

<{anton}>

Cubo has no problem ratcheting up the aggressive talk in his own thread but the minute he gets any of it back he flies off in a rage as above and starts to ban people in his thread.

This exchange is the perfect example of Cubo's style. He believes he is right and you are wrong, absolutely and therefore you need to go for continuing to challenge him. You are being a d*ck for just not seeing it his way. lol.

This thread could not have evolved any more illustrative of how Cubo runs his own thread, miknus his ban power. There would already be at least 4 bans if this was his thread.

I responded with far more than that.

Tuck that dick.

I don't think you're doing a bad job, and even though the Flat Earth thread was silly I thought it was pretty entertaining so who the fuck cares imo (it's not like every thread has to be super serious), but you do get that you're being a turd here, right? MiniCraque is offering a reasonable criticism that he seems to hold in good faith, and you're responding with "go pound sand" more or less.

I haven't personally been unfairly censored or whatever in your threads, and I don't have any evidence of anyone else having it happen to them either, and I haven't had any issue with any of the thread themes, but your handling of this thread leaves a lot to be desired.

To be honest, moving forward, my inner cynic prefers nobody pitching a thread. It's easier. Sucks to think some sort of personal bullshit or disdain for my posting and/or methods interferes with the appreciation of some other Sherbro's effort. @nhbbear worked hard for everyone's behalf in multiple early threads. When a large percentage of people who agree upfront to participate in a thread don't, well...that's foreboding.

The inner optimist hopes (still, like a dummy) to be approached by posters with thread ideas they care about, or have a keen interest in. And that somehow the topic extracts the best in what this forum has to offer. And (I fuckin' know!) we'eve so much to offer. Doctors. Lawyers. Soldiers. Accountants. Teachers. Computer fuckin' dudes. Cool-headed logicians.

The inner pragmatist will continue on.

When it comes to attracting posters' expertise into thread topic discussions, I think it's a balancing act in terms of proffering a specific question/topic. It can't be too general a proposition or it's not going to pique anyone's interest since those posters have endlessly engaged on generalized discussions. For instance, for me, asking "how about that 4th Amendment, amirite?" isn't going to tickle my wiener because it's going to require a bunch of basic table-setting and probably never evolve into anything that is either interesting to me or likely to allow me to get into anything deeper than what can be easily preened from Wikipedia. Just my opinion.

Your rivalry be damned, you should have Fawlty do one on comedy. You can title it: POTWR 2019: So What's the Deal With Airline Food?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back