POTWR 2019: State of the War Room #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell are you talking about? I'm perfectly fine taking ownership for calling a shit thread topic shit.

I've also noticed that you started a thread for feedback and are getting mad with any that is negative. Like I said, the prez needs thicker skin.

Ohhhh. You're taking issue with me responding to people's concerns in this thread. My mistake.

the bigger problem is that you seem incapable or unwilling to accept your personal view and bias does not make fact. Others can disagree and simply because you have limited mod powers in a thread does not mean you are right when you exercise them.

People like Jack can legitimately disagree with your use of the word 'censorship' or 'suppress'. That can legitimately lead to an inability to agree on the greater points of the thread since you are not working from the same framework. You insist your view is the only one and correct one, and then use not so thinly veiled insults to suggest they are lying if they continue and to threaten bans (deplatforming, lol).

Had they the same power they could apply the exact same reasons to ban you, if they were you. But that is not the basis for good debate or any debate.

You really need to add to your OP in your threads that if anyone is going to strongly disagree they should not participate in your threads as you have little tolerance for dissent and the power in those threads to end it.

You're welcome to substantiate your claims with quotes from the threads. Without any shred of evidence, how are people here supposed to know whether you're telling the truth or not?

You're welcome to substantiate your claims with quotes from the threads. Without any shred of evidence, how are people here supposed to know whether you're telling the truth or not?

this was you unable to accept you and @Fawlty could simply agree to disagree on a definition and you labelling at is dishonest or deceptive aka, bad faith...
Bad faith noted. I'll bow out.

here you are again doing the same as @Jack V Savage disagrees and will not accept your definitions,
Your and the other poster's unwillingness to admit this is evidence of exactly what @VivaRevolution is talking about (i.e. the deliberate use of a term that distracts from the nature of what's taking place).

Here you are saying someone who agrees with you is an "honest debater" suggesting again those with differing opinions cannot honestly disagree..
Thank you for being an honest debater.

here you are with the start of your thinly veiled threats, this one to @BarryDillon who merely said your definition was overly broad and bullshit. He never said anything about you personally and certainly nothing as provocative as all the times prior you were calling people liars and yet here you are over sensitive and wielding the little power you have as a weapon when you cannot get your way.
Tone it down, please.

here you are with more of the same. Saying a definition is bullshit and asinine is a perfectly appropriate way to define something if in fact you think they are bullshit and assinine. That is not liek suggesting someone is acting in 'bad faith' as you do.
Your use of "bullshit" and "asinine" come off as combative and condescending. Play nice or get censored.

After I say i find you to being disingenuous in a post you immediately go to this...
Then I guess we have nothing to discuss.
which is at best thin skinned noting you slinging around 'bad faith' and 'unwillingness to admit' and saying people who don't agree with are being 'dishonest'.

there is more and especially if you go to the other threads. But the point is made. What you call infractions and have no issue censuring people for are things you do yourself and first. In fact you go further and directly comment on the person and not just their opinion. Saying someone is acting in 'bad faith', saying they 'unwilling to admit' and your go to insults impugn character. Very different than simply saying a definition is overly broad and bullshit which you feel the need to flag while ignoring your own comments.

@Fawlty said it best when he stated

Fawlty said:
Cubo, you're committing lots of infractions in your thread.
but of course you waved your arms and dismissed it while continuing to point to what you say were others infractions.

A lot of the problem(s) is that people are still upset about the election and hold that against Cubo. He has done a perfectly fine job and has had a lot of patience with some of you who will never give him a chance.

this was you unable to accept you and @Fawlty could simply agree to disagree on a definition and you labelling at is dishonest or deceptive aka, bad faith...

here you are again doing the same as @Jack V Savage disagrees and will not accept your definitions,

Here you are saying someone who agrees with you is an "honest debater" suggesting again those with differing opinions cannot honestly disagree..

here you are with the start of your thinly veiled threats, this one to @BarryDillon who merely said your definition was overly broad and bullshit. He never said anything about you personally and certainly nothing as provocative as all the times prior you were calling people liars and yet here you are over sensitive and wielding the little power you have as a weapon when you cannot get your way.

here you are with more of the same. Saying a definition is bullshit and asinine is a perfectly appropriate way to define something if in fact you think they are bullshit and assinine. That is not liek suggesting someone is acting in 'bad faith' as you do.

After I say i find you to being disingenuous in a post you immediately go to this...
which is at best thin skinned noting you slinging around 'bad faith' and 'unwillingness to admit' and saying people who don't agree with are being 'dishonest'.

there is more and especially if you go to the other threads. But the point is made. What you call infractions and have no issue censuring people for are things you do yourself and first. In fact you go further and directly comment on the person and not just their opinion. Saying someone is acting in 'bad faith', saying they 'unwilling to admit' and your go to insults impugn character. Very different than simply saying a definition is overly broad and bullshit which you feel the need to flag while ignoring your own comments.

@Fawlty said it best when he stated

but of course you waved your arms and dismissed it while continuing to point to what you say were others infractions.
It's not a coincidence that the person displaying that level of stubbornness and bad faith is also the person who, when he sniffs even the smallest bit of karate forum authority, becomes possibly the most overzealous thread moderator in the history of the Internet.

But my main complaint with this thread is like I said before, it's not a state of the War Room but a defense of the sticky thread series. Self-absorbed much?

A lot of the problem(s) is that people are still upset about the election and hold that against Cubo. He has done a perfectly fine job and has had a lot of patience with some of you who will never give him a chance.
Classic display of CDS going on in this thread. (@Cubo de Sangre derangement syndrome)

giphy.gif

Cubo has done the best job of making use of the War Room presidency by far (I think Lead originally thought the election would be a vote on thread making abilities rather than popularity). In fact I was completely wrong about his presidency, because prior to this he hadn't been much of a thread starter. He's so good we might not even uphold the WR presidential tradition of banning him.
...and yes, that's even taking into account the flat earth thread.

Cubo has done the best job of making use of the War Room presidency by far (I think Lead originally thought the election would be a vote on thread making abilities rather than popularity). In fact I was completely wrong about his presidency, because prior to this he hadn't been much of a thread starter. He's so good we might not even uphold the WR presidential tradition of banning him.
<WellThere>

It's not a coincidence that the person displaying that level of stubbornness and bad faith is also the person who, when he sniffs even the smallest bit of karate forum authority, becomes possibly the most overzealous thread moderator in the history of the Internet.

But my main complaint with this thread is like I said before, it's not a state of the War Room but a defense of the sticky thread series. Self-absorbed much?

You and couple of your pals do nothing but attempt to derail his threads and antagonize him. He has done a fine job, if you put the prejudice aside.

Let's start here since you seem to build from it. You've taken this quote out of context.

Bad faith noted. I'll bow out.

Here's exactly what I was responding to.

I'm not going to give you whatever simple thing it is you want, so let's be crystal clear about that.

When someone says in the same breath that they don't know what you're getting at and won't agree with you regardless, that to me is them obviously announcing their intent to argue in bad faith. I merely rephrased what I was told and politely informed the other poster I was moving on.

If that's the best you've got then maybe you should reflect on if it really warrants the level of offense you seem to have taken. As your other quotes indicate, I've given out warnings for borderline shit. I've also cut slack to people who appeared to make an effort and had no history of needing moderation. All things considered, that's hardly an example of something I got away with that everyone else would have received a reply ban for.

Can you substantiate your claim that I ban people for simply disagreeing with me? Your linking skills need improvement so go ahead and post quotes with context please.

Drunk or your account was hacked? We'll accept either answer.

Let's start here since you seem to build from it. You've taken this quote out of context.

Here's exactly what I was responding to.

When someone says in the same breath that they don't know what you're getting at and won't agree with you regardless, that to me is them obviously announcing their intent to argue in bad faith. I merely rephrased what I was told and politely informed the other poster I was moving on.

If that's the best you've got then maybe you should reflect on if it really warrants the level of offense you seem to have taken. As your other quotes indicate, I've given out warnings for borderline shit. I've also cut slack to people who appeared to make an effort and had no history of needing moderation. All things considered, that's hardly an example of something I got away with that everyone else would have received a reply ban for.

Can you substantiate your claim that I ban people for simply disagreeing with me? Your linking skills need improvement so go ahead and post quotes with context please.
False.

Other people (@Fawlty and @Jack V Savage amongst others) did not give on your attempt to define censorship. They did not agree and that is OK. They are allowed another opinion and there is nothing wrong with that.

You would not accept that and instead tried to define your view as FACT instead of just your view. YOu stated you were making that a "foundational FACT" of the discussion despite them not agreeing. Like you have the power to simply declare it so because that is what you think.

Fawlty said 'no he was not going to give you that as an accepted fact and you should be clear on that'. Again his right and his view.

You are the type of person who cannot accept that. Except you have to outside the thread you do not moderate. But WITHIN it you make it clear you won't accept it. Your view will rule, disagree honestly or not and you will label it as dishonest for others to merely hold a different view.

And it has nothing to do with a level of offense I have taken. I actually don't take offense. I do call out the hypocrisy though and always will. You are projecting as you are the one who takes offense, starts threatening and then actually bans people for saying and doing less things of offront than you yourself do.

But as you have shown in this thread already I do not expect you to do a minutes genuine self reflection on that. Instead you will see your use of those words as apt while maintaining others were crossing lines.

I don't need to post anymore as my point is made, and its clear that you have no interest on actually considering or reflecting on what you said and did just as you had no intention of accepting any constructive criticism in this thread. Your biggest regret being that you did not create as a POWTR thread so you could have already banned those who are calling you out rightly.

False.

Other people (@Fawlty and @Jack V Savage amongst others) did not give on your attempt to define censorship. They did not agree and that is OK. They are allowed another opinion and there is nothing wrong with that.

You would not accept that and instead tried to define your view as FACT instead of just your view. YOu stated you were making that a "foundational FACT" of the discussion despite them not agreeing. Like you have the power to simply declare it so because that is what you think.

Fawlty said 'no he was not going to give you that as an accepted fact and you should be clear on that'. Again his right and his view.

You are the type of person who cannot accept that. Except you have to outside the thread you do not moderate. But WITHIN it you make it clear you won't accept it. Your view will rule, disagree honestly or not and you will label it as dishonest for others to merely hold a different view.

And it has nothing to do with a level of offense I have taken. I actually don't take offense. I do call out the hypocrisy though and always will. You are projecting as you are the one who takes offense, starts threatening and then actually bans people for saying and doing less things of offront than you yourself do.

But as you have shown in this thread already I do not expect you to do a minutes genuine self reflection on that. Instead you will see your use of those words as apt while maintaining others were crossing lines.

I don't need to post anymore as my point is made, and its clear that you have no interest on actually considering or reflecting on what you said and did just as you had no intention of accepting any constructive criticism in this thread. Your biggest regret being that you did not create as a POWTR thread so you could have already banned those who are calling you out rightly.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback.
No problem. Now declare something else FACT that is not fact and then act like the person you are debating did something wrong in saying they do not accept your assertion of fact.

If that is the lie you need to tell yourself that in FACT you were not the antagonist in that thread and were instead reacting to 'how dare Fawlty not accept your definition as fact' 'bad Fawlty' then knock yourself and lie to yourself. Certainly do not try to view the exchange with an open mind that might let you see your culpability in the exchange. Nope, not you.

To be honest, moving forward, my inner cynic prefers nobody pitching a thread. It's easier. Sucks to think some sort of personal bullshit or disdain for my posting and/or methods interferes with the appreciation of some other Sherbro's effort. @nhbbear worked hard for everyone's behalf in multiple early threads. When a large percentage of people who agree upfront to participate in a thread don't, well...that's foreboding.

The inner optimist hopes (still, like a dummy) to be approached by posters with thread ideas they care about, or have a keen interest in. And that somehow the topic extracts the best in what this forum has to offer. And (I fuckin' know!) we'eve so much to offer. Doctors. Lawyers. Soldiers. Accountants. Teachers. Computer fuckin' dudes. Cool-headed logicians.

The inner pragmatist will continue on.

Thanks, always a pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back