POTWR 2019: State of the War Room #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubo de Sangre

F65
@plutonium
Reaction score
Greetings War Room Sherbros,

We're about 2/3 of the way through the twenty different threads promised to you by the Cubo/Chris campaign. The next installment is scheduled for Monday the 15th and the topic is yet to be determined. In the meantime, here's an opportunity for everyone to give feedback on how things have gone so far.

I'd also like to remind folks that there's still room for anyone looking to spearhead a thread. So if you've got a topic you'd like to see explored then please let me know. Otherwise I'm going to do whatever random topics strike my fancy.

A special thanks to all of our contributors so far.

Cheers,

Cubo

POTWR 2019 Vol 1: Shots Fired! Examining Police Shootings In America
POTWR 2019 Vol 2: Happy Happy Joy Joy
POTWR 2019 Vol 3: Examining Opioid Addiction In America
POTWR 2019 Vol 4: Repeal Or Respect The 2nd Amendment?
POTWR 2019 Vol 5: Based On Known Facts, Would You Remove Trump From Office?
POTWR 2019 Vol 6: Internet Security Basics
POTWR 2019 Vol 7: Change My Mind That The Word "Platform" Is Orwellian
POTWR 2019 Vol 8: Should The Right To Keep And Bear Arms Be An International Human Right?
POTWR 2019 Vol 9: Is Social Media Access Damaging To Our Youth?

POTWR 2019 Vol 10: What Do You Like About The War Room And What Would You Change?
POTWR 2019 Vol 11: Can We All Test For Ourselves That The Earth Is Round?

POTWR 2019 Vol 12: What Role Should Schools Play In Raising Our Children?

POTWR 2019 Vol 13: Why Not Support The Military Industrial Complex?

I think you've done as well as could be expected considering the limitations sherdog places on speech.

With the exception of the flat earth thread, you have done a pretty good job. But the flat earth thread entertaining that lunatic was a big black mark on your record and you are going to have a hard time living it down. My feedback would be that it is better to wait for a good topic than to give your platform to a very bad topic and a very bad poster.

Last edited:
With the exception of the flat earth thread, you have done a pretty good job. But the flat earth thread entertaining that lunatic was a big black mark on your record and you are going to have a hard time living it down. My feedback would be that it is better to wait for a good topic than to give a platform a very bad topic and a very bad poster.
^This.

Also your use of your limited ability to try and control the discussions in the thread when you feel you are losing a discussion has turned many off and most of them have commented on that.

You are not one to not poke or use mild insults in a post first but immediately if you get it back your go to move is to try and silence the person via the mods. That is not a good look and has cost you a lot of people participating.

But the flat earth thread entertaining that lunatic was a big black mark on your record and you are going to have a hard time living it down.

If people wanna waste their time bitching about that one thread that's their choice. Not one of of the folks talking shit on the thread even attempted to collect the money on the challenge, nor demonstrate that it was a hoax. Honestly, I was pretty disappointed in the WR as a whole. Except for @RerouteToRemain.

Also your use of your limited ability to try and control the discussions in the thread when you feel you are losing a discussion has turned many off and most of them have commented on that.

You should maybe let others speak for themselves. In your case you're just a total douche who frames it this way because you can't handle the fact you get reply banned for how you present your arguments, not the arguments themselves. Nobody gets shut down for disagreeing with me or proving me wrong. They get shutdown for being assholes and acting like the rules don't apply to them.

You should maybe let others speak for themselves. In your case you're just a total douche who frames it this way because you can't handle the fact you get reply banned for how you present your arguments, not the arguments themselves. Nobody gets shut down for disagreeing with me or proving me wrong. They get shutdown for being assholes and acting like the rules don't apply to them.
LOL. You are upset you made this here and not in your thread with no reply ban power and that is clear.

Other people have spoken for themselves. You have had multiple people basically say shame on you in those threads when you abused that power and your reply was to reply ban them as well and deny it. It is all there in the threads for anyone who wants to see it so I don't need to make anything up.

You are a guy who has no issue with getting aggressive in your posting, which I have no issue with, but you are a snowflake when it comes to getting it back who does the equivalent of taking your ball and running home when confronted with the same type of posting you give.

With the exception of the flat earth thread, you have done a pretty good job. But the flat earth thread entertaining that lunatic was a big black mark on your record and you are going to have a hard time living it down. My feedback would be that it is better to wait for a good topic than to give a platform a very bad topic and a very bad poster.
^This.

You are not one to not poke or use mild insults in a post first but immediately if you get it back your go to move is to try and silence the person via the mods. That is not a good look and has cost you a lot of people participating.
Being on dubs and having no real clue about what speech I am entitled to, I'll just point out that both of you showed your inability to even understand the basic idea of empirical evidence, replication, etc..

@Cubo de Sangre should be commended for 'daring' to discuss the 'undiscussable.'

And you two? You should be ashamed. Please, if you wish to continue with this line, find the thread in 'the great beyond.'

Peace

If people wanna waste their time bitching about that one thread that's their choice. Not one of of the folks talking shit on the thread even attempted to collect the money on the challenge, nor demonstrate that it was a hoax. Honestly, I was pretty disappointed in the WR as a whole. Except for @RerouteToRemain.
lol. No one else has to prove flat earth stuff is a hoax. Its garbage. With one example I undid the entire thing in a way no one could honestly address and yet the usual flat earth excusers pretend they are countering by offering up voluminous garbage.

LOL. You are upset you made this here and not in your thread with no reply ban power and that is clear.

Other people have spoken for themselves. You have had multiple people basically say shame on you in those threads when you abused that power and your reply was to reply ban them as well and deny it. It is all there in the threads for anyone who wants to see it so I don't need to make anything up.

You are a guy who has no issue with getting aggressive in your posting, which I have no issue with, but you are a snowflake when it comes to getting it back who does the equivalent of taking your ball and running home when confronted with the same type of posting you give.

Can't decipher your first line.

Which multiple people? As far as I recall it's been you and another guy who chooses to be an insufferable prick no matter how I tried to bridge the divide, and then the crew who lost the election. In short, nobody whose opinion I respect and mostly dudes who were gonna be adversarial no matter what.

If you say so.

Being on dubs and having no real clue about what speech I am entitled to, I'll just point out that both of you showed your inability to even understand the basic idea of empirical evidence, replication, etc..

People wanted to be so smug and belittling they didn't have time to make any effort to comprehend what they were attacking me over. Oh well.

lol. No one else has to prove flat earth stuff is a hoax. Its garbage. With one example I undid the entire thing in a way no one could honestly address and yet the usual flat earth excusers pretend they are countering by offering up voluminous garbage.

Did you collect that 10k?

@Cubo de Sangre should be commended for 'daring' to discuss the 'undiscussable.'

And you two? You should be ashamed. Please, if you wish to continue with this line, find the thread in 'the great beyond.'

Peace
Ya no.

You were stymied by the fact that people fly every day to Asia via routes that take them due east over Dubai and on to Asai and due West via Hawaii and on to Asia.

No mathematical way possible to deal with that and make it work as flying in different directions can never arrive yo uat the same point on a flat earth but does on a sphere.

You guys post a bunch of nonsense but nothing that deals with the math.

You pretend that airlines, pilots and passengers are all in on some vast conspiracy of wasting time and money to continue the illusion.

Can't decipher your first line.

Which multiple people? As far as I recall it's been you and another guy who chooses to be an insufferable prick no matter how I tried to bridge the divide, and then the crew who lost the election. In short, nobody whose opinion I respect and mostly dudes who were gonna be adversarial no matter what.

If you say so.
Don't blame me for your comprehension problems.

And go back to your threads as multiple posters basically said shame on you and boycotted one of your threads when you started to silence the other opinion as soon as you realized you could beat it in debate.

I think during this time of reflection we should remember our first PotWR, Palis recently passed. His posting had been on the down turn.

Feedback is supposed to be taken into consideration, even if it's later discarded. You don't make a thread asking for feedback and on the most obvious instance (which, frankly, you knew was coming) immediately disregard it.

Otherwise this thread is "hey guise I think I'm doing very good, come at me" as opposed to "help me improve".

This isn't the state of the War Room, it's the state of your low-traffic, overly-moderated threads.

Feedback is supposed to be taken into consideration, even if it's later discarded. You don't make a thread asking for feedback and on the most obvious instance (which, frankly, you knew was coming) immediately disregard it.

Otherwise this thread is "hey guise I think I'm doing very good, come at me" as opposed to "help me improve".
If this was in his WR thread at least 4 people would already be banned from it. I would bet he has almost asked the mods to ban people from this thread already before realizing he cannot.

Make no mistake as Cubo wants comments but only the comments he wants. He will meet the others aggressively while crying about returned aggression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back