Potential Issue With Privatized Prisons....

Big_Chief_Stove

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
So I've always been against there being privatized prisons, because I believe it puts a monetary incentive behind encouraging repeat offenders as opposed to rehabilitating prisoners so that they can have tools to function in society and ideally NOT return to prison.

That being said, I had this thought just a moment ago...

What if (Enter Name) Pharmaceutical company gets into the privatized prison business. Maybe not with the pharma name though, perhaps under a "Small start up company" name, for the purpose of using the prison population to experiment their new cutting edge drugs without anyone knowing? It would be a very sneaky way to test the side-effects on a human population, hypothetically.

Anti-depressants, Sleep aids, Anti-psychotics, mood stabilizers...etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case at some facilities, or something along the same lines.

Does anyone have an example of this actually happening? I hope not, but maybe there is...

twilight-zone.jpg

It would be interesting if private prisons got some sort of pay based on the rate of recidivism of their inmates after they are released.

Isnt a true private prison a place where prisoners consentually agree to be imprisoned and forfeit their own equity required to fund their stay?

How can taxpayers funding prisoners stay be considered a private prison?

it would probably be the first time pharma picked black people to take part in testing trials.

so -- from that standpoint, a win.

Isnt a true private prison a place where prisoners consentually agree to be imprisoned and forfeit their own equity required to fund their stay?

900x900px-LL-2ff6cb23_ezgif-952278819.gif

So I've always been against there being privatized prisons, because I believe it puts a monetary incentive behind encouraging repeat offenders as opposed to rehabilitating prisoners so that they can have tools to function in society and ideally NOT return to prison.

That being said, I had this thought just a moment ago...

What if (Enter Name) Pharmaceutical company gets into the privatized prison business. Maybe not with the pharma name though, perhaps under a "Small start up company" name, for the purpose of using the prison population to experiment their new cutting edge drugs without anyone knowing? It would be a very sneaky way to test the side-effects on a human population, hypothetically.

Anti-depressants, Sleep aids, Anti-psychotics, mood stabilizers...etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case at some facilities, or something along the same lines.

Does anyone have an example of this actually happening? I hope not, but maybe there is...

twilight-zone.jpg

You cought my curiosity with this one. It would be pretty horrible if this were happening. I believe it could happen in some capacity, though.

This is what a quick search turned up for me.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/892002
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/13/us/13inmates.html
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3550121/

As far as I can tell, if it happened without the prisoners' consent nobody knows about it.

it would probably be the first time pharma picked black people to take part in testing trials.

so -- from that standpoint, a win.

Big pharma created sickle cell just to market the cure. That's a win win for the economy and net neutral for black folks. ;)

If the taxpayer sends you to a private hospital for an operation, it's still a private hospital.

I know a guy who during his college days would goto this insane asylum and check out women for the weekend. Mostly chicks who where in there cause their parents caught them smoking a joint or something.

One of his college buddies worked there and would get him in. He'd pretend to be a relative and wander around checking out the chicks till he found one that would go for it. He check her out for the weekend, they'd get drunk, and he'd try to hump, then bring'em back.

He said it was a good time!

I do not see why any pharmaceutical company would expose themselves in such a way when you can just use people in India who nobody gives a fuck about.

would the prisoners have the right/option to opt out of such medical experimentation on them?

I think we should have huge outdoor prison camps, so have very little infrastructure costs. Have prisoners dig and refill holes everyday so they are too exhausted to be too rapey.

Best part of Orange is the New Black IMO is Caputo dealing with the corporate bullshit. Trying to get things done with a board of directors who have never set foot inside a prison and are only looking at numbers on a piece of paper with no concern for human lives. I won't pretend to know how accurate the representation is, but I have a feeling the things that happen are not far removed from the realm of possibility at all.

tumblr_npxxqazodj1uyqh1fo1_400.gif

I do not see why any pharmaceutical company would expose themselves in such a way when you can just use people in India who nobody gives a fuck about.
Who cares about prisoners here in the US?

I don't see why they would have to open/run a prison when they could just pay the private prison a shitload of cash for the opportunity. Of course, if it's happening we're never going to know.

It would be interesting if private prisons got some sort of pay based on the rate of recidivism of their inmates after they are released.

This would be great, they do it to hospitals with re-admission rates and, supposedly, it's made a difference.

Imagine if prisons had to pay a penalty whenever a released convict was re-convicted. They would have the greatest re-education programs ever...or more unexplained inmate deaths, lol.

What would a private prison do that public ones with unions haven't? Support drug laws? About all you can say when you look at it factually is that they do it cheaper

This would be great, they do it to hospitals with re-admission rates and, supposedly, it's made a difference.

Imagine if prisons had to pay a penalty whenever a released convict was re-convicted. They would have the greatest re-education programs ever...or more unexplained inmate deaths, lol.
Hospitals can literally give e you a pill. How the fuck does a prison and you leave that gang

Released on parole now never happens

Back