Post Your Gloves/Gear

20211214_141455-jpg.896926
My new (old) fly gloves are in

They're instantly significantly softer then my current pair, even thought my current pair are broken in, and these aren't.

Attachments

• 20211214_141455.jpg
    20211214_141455.jpg
    878.4 KB · Views: 290
Was looking at some Flys the other day. Had a cart all loaded to take the plunge but thought better of it. They started texting me that I had open items and eventually sent me a 10% off code after a few days. This is at the main flysportsuk.com site.

I dunno if this is a known thing or not but just putting it out there.

Was looking at some Flys the other day. Had a cart all loaded to take the plunge but thought better of it. They started texting me that I had open items and eventually sent me a 10% off code after a few days. This is at the main flysportsuk.com site.

I dunno if this is a known thing or not but just putting it out there.
The 10 percent doesn't work on the premiums sadly just the 5 percent. If you end up buying some msg me I'd like to talk

Anyone had any experience with prize ring? The pro-training glove? If so what's your thoughts, I've seen fit2box/simons review and they look decent but there isn't much more about them.

What padding did you choose? If you don't like it I might buy it from you.
Hello, new to the forum- almost 30 years around the sport, tried many a glove... Barrics Horse/NASA combo are my favorite gloves ever, period. I only ro k high end stuff these days, like to protect myself and all I love doing is killing myself in the gym so why the hell not? Plus (here's a good excuse for any of you gear junkies like myself) If you are going to buy gear you don't "really" need anyways, get the best shit. That way you either use it down the road and it's still in good shape, or you can resale it and the resale value is still really good and in a rare occasion even better depending on what you got. Barrics are a perfect example. Anyways, every major glove manufacturers you can think of, Richard IMO beats them all down with a bat right now. I feel like I could knock out any living human with his 16s. So compact, so balanced, and padded in all the perfect areas other gloves aren't. Going to try to download my current setup I have on me, many more where these came from I will upload soon... Came so damn close to getting these same ones you have but missed them by a second... Got the brown series which came after (pictured)...

ok now I have to figure out how to upload the pictures- one pic and it says"uploaded file is too large". Any suggestions? I'm not tech savvy

Hello, new to the forum- almost 30 years around the sport, tried many a glove... Barrics Horse/NASA combo are my favorite gloves ever, period. I only ro k high end stuff these days, like to protect myself and all I love doing is killing myself in the gym so why the hell not? Plus (here's a good excuse for any of you gear junkies like myself) If you are going to buy gear you don't "really" need anyways, get the best shit. That way you either use it down the road and it's still in good shape, or you can resale it and the resale value is still really good and in a rare occasion even better depending on what you got. Barrics are a perfect example. Anyways, every major glove manufacturers you can think of, Richard IMO beats them all down with a bat right now. I feel like I could knock out any living human with his 16s. So compact, so balanced, and padded in all the perfect areas other gloves aren't. Going to try to download my current setup I have on me, many more where these came from I will upload soon... Came so damn close to getting these same ones you have but missed them by a second... Got the brown series which came after (pictured)...
Have you tried his latex gloves? How many rounds have you put his horse hair through on the heavy bag I am worried about wearing mine out!!

if you uploading pictures via iPhone when you select them there is option at bottom left to change file size and large normally means they will upload

Have you tried his latex gloves? How many rounds have you put his horse hair through on the heavy bag I am worried about wearing mine out!!

if you uploading pictures via iPhone when you select them there is option at bottom left to change file size and large normally means they will upload
yes, I also have a pair of his latex gloves which are finished in lambskin, which is the softest and smoothest leather I have ever felt. They are quite different from the hhair/NASA combo, these gloves are insanely comfortable, like they are custom fit for my hands the very first time I put them on. Very protective, and smooth liner. I have put maybe 150 rounds into the combo gloves, and they are holding up just fine. I also have some horsehair/foam combo 14oz gloves from New Sporting, which are clearly the same pattern as the Salvador ones which are so popular. All these gloves do not seem like they will break down anytime soon.
So I don't have an iPhone, I have a Galaxy, but I will try to edit the photos and download some stuff on here. Thanks

@Triple DDD
Thanks I am undecided what to get for my next pair of barric the horse hair / nasa or latex / nasa

could you post some side by side pics for me

Last edited:
I've got a pair of 6oz Venum gloves in Orange! My son will be more than happy of them. They needed to be in orange, period.

well I will say that they are completely different gloves in almost every sense. The hh/nasa are extremely compact... think the smallest 16s you have ever struggled to squeeze your hands into. Padding is 360°, literally all around the hand and wrist. protection is great, but they do require a good break in period. I would say a good month of regular use will get them where they need to be. Now the Latex combo gloves are very different in hand compartment, overall size, and feel. I would compare it to a Winning 16, just maybe a little roomier in the hand compartment, but great wrist support. No break-in needed, these things are buttery soft, by far and away the softest leather I have ever touched. Richard said it's 4oz lambskin.

Overall I would say the HH combos are closer to a specialized work tool which requires some customization via break in, whereas the latex combos are like a 1985 Cadillac Sedan Deville, the seats formed to your body like it came from the factory built custom for you. Superb protection on knuckles as well as wrists from both gloves really, but especially the latex/NASA combo gloves...

*side by side photos to follow, left the Barrics in my gym locker. I'll grab them tomorrow and post. Thanks

Back