• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Post Pic of your Pet.

this piles of filth will share few diseases with you. They are known to be generous with that. BTW, one of those have one legand one on the right is crippled. Lovely companion :p

The one that you believe has only one leg actually had 2 legs but like many birds they often rest on only one leg and yes, one of the other birds in the pic has a deformed leg from a string injury, that is why I picked her up and rehabbed her before releasing her back to her flock again.

It makes me sad that you have such a myopic view of life my friend. You should really work on expanding your consciousness.
einstein_quote_on_compassion.png

Fyi the chances of catching any diseases from pigeons is very slim indeed, most diseases carried by pigeons are not transferable to humans. In fact you are more likely to catch something from a pet cat or a dog.

The one that you believe has only one leg actually had 2 legs but like many birds they often rest on only one leg and yes, one of the other birds in the pic has a deformed leg from a string injury, that is why I picked her up and rehabbed her before releasing her back to her flock again.

It makes me sad that you have such a myopic view of life my friend. You should really work on expanding your consciousness.

Fyi the chances of catching any diseases from pigeons is very slim indeed, most diseases carried by pigeons are not transferable to humans. In fact you are more likely to catch something from a pet cat or a dog.

I didn't know pidgeons stand on one leg... I know that some birds do that (don't know what they are called in English), but as I said... didn't that for pidgeons.

Also don't draw conclusions about my life view and especially consciousness based on me not liking pidgeons. Or maybe assuming I don't like animals at all, this is just pidgeons that I found to be disgusting. Consciousness can't be assessed just like that

I understand you are proud of your pets... I would be too. So, IDK say sorry to them from me :)

We call pidgeons "flying rats", I don't have any source about diseases, just my grandma saying to get away from them...

I didn't know pidgeons stand on one leg... I know that some birds do that (don't know what they are called in English), but as I said... didn't that for pidgeons.

Also don't draw conclusions about my life view and especially consciousness based on me not liking pidgeons. Or maybe assuming I don't like animals at all, this is just pidgeons that I found to be disgusting. Consciousness can't be assessed just like that

I understand you are proud of your pets... I would be too. So, IDK say sorry to them from me :)

We call pidgeons "flying rats", I don't have any source about diseases, just my grandma saying to get away from them...

Well, you called them "piles of filth" which is a very unpleasant and ignorant thing to say about these beautiful animals who have as much right to life as you or I. The term "flying rats" is very commonly used among ignorant people when describing pigeons. Some people don't like them because they don't like the mess they make but they fail to see the bigger picture. Pigeons are not the ones wiping out thousands of other species, waging wars, polluting the oceans, decimating rainforests, destroying the planet, raping, torturing, enslaving and murdering each other on a massive scale. That is our claim to fame so next time you see them forraging around on the dirty streets looking for a little food just trying to survive think about who the real pest is on this earth.

Also the pigeons are not my pets. The ones in the picture were released a long time ago but I have some different ones atm. I always release them when they are fit and healthy and good to go again.

Well, you called them "piles of filth" which is a very unpleasant and ignorant thing to say about these beautiful animals who have as much right to life as you or I. The term "flying rats" is very commonly used among ignorant people when describing pigeons. Some people don't like them because they don't like the mess they make but they fail to see the bigger picture. Pigeons are not the ones wiping out thousands of other species, waging wars, polluting the oceans, decimating rainforests, destroying the planet, raping, torturing, enslaving and murdering each other on a massive scale. That is our claim to fame so next time you see them forraging around on the dirty streets looking for a little food just trying to survive think about who the real pest is on this earth.

Also the pigeons are not my pets. The ones in the picture were released a long time ago but I have some different ones atm. I always release them when they are fit and healthy and good to go again.

I called them that, and I still stand by that, and until I get some black on white evidence that it isn't like that I'll continue to call them that (so many that's in this sentence).

When it comes to beautiful animals - someones trash is other man's gold - I see it that way. 90% of people are terrified by snakes, I had 2 at home, and loved them.

My friend has tarantula farm... not my thing... I told him I would stomp them all in a minute if I was him. Still they are beautiful animals to him.

When it comes to humans that's just lousy things to say. This didn't start as human - pidgeon thing. Leave alone rainforests, raping (don't see any connection to animals, pidgeons or whatever), enslaving (same thing).

It looks to me that all those newspaper headlines lately has taken part.

But to play your game, I would argue that you don't look at the human foraging around dirty streets for just little food... but the pidgeons hit your heart.

Yet if we show compassion to each other more than we show just to animals, all those plagues you counted would be happening less and less.

I called them that, and I still stand by that, and until I get some black on white evidence that it isn't like that I'll continue to call them that (so many that's in this sentence).

When it comes to beautiful animals - someones trash is other man's gold - I see it that way. 90% of people are terrified by snakes, I had 2 at home, and loved them.

My friend has tarantula farm... not my thing... I told him I would stomp them all in a minute if I was him. Still they are beautiful animals to him.

When it comes to humans that's just lousy things to say. This didn't start as human - pidgeon thing. Leave alone rainforests, raping (don't see any connection to animals, pidgeons or whatever), enslaving (same thing).

It looks to me that all those newspaper headlines lately has taken part.

But to play your game, I would argue that you don't look at the human foraging around dirty streets for just little food... but the pidgeons hit your heart.

Yet if we show compassion to each other more than we show just to animals, all those plagues you counted would be happening less and less.

The problem seems to be you assigning different value to animals based on what you percieve their worth to be to us. You think tarantulas are ugly so you would stomp them, you think pigeons are dirty and carry disease so they are filth and of no use to you but for some unspecified reason you like snakes so they are valuable to you. This is why I believe your level of consciousness is low. You fail to appreciate that all animals have their own intrinsic value. They don't need to be beautiful or valuable to us to validate their place in the world, they value their own lives and that is all that really matters.

She's too lazy to tweet ?

Well, she's not all that smar, but we may do a twitter feed at some point. But she is the joint property of a zoo and a college, and we can't post pics until the college is cleared by the usda to officially house her. Sloths ad many other smaller zoo animals have to be fostered and handled or they can become aggressive. We get her 2-3 nights a week and share her with some other keepers. She is so damn cute.

Well, she's not all that smar, but we may do a twitter feed at some point. But she is the joint property of a zoo and a college, and we can't post pics until the college is cleared by the usda to officially house her. Sloths ad many other smaller zoo animals have to be fostered and handled or they can become aggressive. We get her 2-3 nights a week and share her with some other keepers. She is so damn cute.

<{clintugh}>

The point.....you missed it.

I posted a couple pics of my dog on this thread at least a year ago, before my son was born but while my girlfriend was pregnant. My dog stuck to my girl close and was real protective of her thru the whole pregnancy.

My son was born in September, and now she sticks to my boy like Velcro. Just follows him around all day and sleeps in front of his crib.
17076259_635185930000728_1673959195763802112_n.jpg

No, I didn't. I just get like talking about my sloth, Damn't

Sloth....lazy....to post....but animals can't post.....but Sloths are lazy.....one of the Seven Sins.

Ahhh fuhgedaboudit.

I posted a couple pics of my dog on this thread at least a year ago, before my son was born but while my girlfriend was pregnant. My dog stuck to my girl close and was real protective of her thru the whole pregnancy.

My son was born in September, and now she sticks to my boy like Velcro. Just follows him around all day and sleeps in front of his crib.
17076259_635185930000728_1673959195763802112_n.jpg
Cuteness overload. Nice family dude.

Pigs are dirty...wait a second! I see what you did there

Yeah because pigs are also an animal and kept as pets. In addition to being livestock and feral ones in the wild.
But the term "pigs" is generally used as a, sometimes, derogatory word for Law Enforcement officials. Specifically police aka the fuzz, five - O etc etc.

You admittedly are a police man. So there is a double innuendo there.

Thread on pets = pigs = LE poster.

Am I calling him a pig via referencing his occupation or is it an innocent enquiry regarding the species of his pet ?

It's all very confusing but I hope I've explained it well enough here.

Here's mine on a walk:

01_walking-with-tiger-at-tiger-temple-thailandi.jpg

Back