• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Will Jiri have learned from his one colossal mistake that cost him against Pereira?

I dunno if Jiri does learning. But he's gonna surely spin the roulette wheel of his back-elbow and if it connects he's got this. War Chaos!

Jiri doesn't make adjustments. If anything he will drop his hands even lower and lunge even more. Alex is going to get his stripe on his black belt.

Seriously though. This fight isn't easy for Jiri. He makes too many technical mistakes. He can land a big shot too but Alex will have the advantage on the feet.

I used to hang out with this dude when I was about 20 yrs old..he was like 18-19 and we all used to hang at the park.

Kid was like 5'5" and 165 pounds.
I watched that dude fuckin one punch like 5-6 dudes in that park lol.
One dude was about 6'3" 240ish and he was the one that started it, snd still got bombed on.

He had hammers for hands too, he was doing masonry for like 6 years at that point.
A 5-5 dude knocking out 5-6 dudes isn't that amazing

Short notice is likely Jiri’s best chance if he’s in better shape and can grind it out of the first few rounds and get some take downs.

Izzy wasn't doing any clever rope a doping. He was just getting his ass kicked and landed a hail Mary punch. It was similar to Lawler/Manhoef.
He landed the EXACT same punch on Pereira in their first MMA punch. Pereira made the same exact mistake twice against Adesanya. First time he got saved by the bell. Second time he got laid out on the canvas. Pereira lets his guard down when he throws flurries and volleys. He nearly lost to Adesanya once because of it. Then did lose.

Jiri should not be favored. But to say that Pereira doesn't make mistakes or let his guard down is incorrect. Adesanya's team knew that Pereira would drop his guard on occasion and knew when to fire away.

Dana is salivating at them having 6 fights. I think they should rematch at 303 too.

He landed the EXACT same punch on Pereira in their first MMA punch. Pereira made the same exact mistake twice against Adesanya. First time he got saved by the bell. Second time he got laid out on the canvas. Pereira lets his guard down when he throws flurries and volleys. He nearly lost to Adesanya once because of it. Then did lose.

Jiri should not be favored. But to say that Pereira doesn't make mistakes or let his guard down is incorrect. Adesanya's team knew that Pereira would drop his guard on occasion and knew when to fire away.

I didn't say Pereira was perfect. I said he was kicking Izzy's ass and Izzy landed a hail Mary. The mistake Pereira made was getting a little overaggressive looking for the finish in a fight he was clearly controlling. He got greedy and paid for it.

Skill difference not mistake

Jiri is open. Alex sees openings

Maybe Jiri can submit or pound him out

I used to hang out with this dude when I was about 20 yrs old..he was like 18-19 and we all used to hang at the park.

Kid was like 5'5" and 165 pounds.
I watched that dude fuckin one punch like 5-6 dudes in that park lol.
One dude was about 6'3" 240ish and he was the one that started it, snd still got bombed on.

He had hammers for hands too, he was doing masonry for like 6 years at that point.
That's a good example of why I'm a firm believer you should never underestimate anyone. I see every person as having the possibility of being able to kick my ass even though I wouldn't be seen as a pushover by a longshot.

Jiri has always been wide open and reckless to go along with being athletic and unorthodox, thats who he is and its not gonna change. But Alex isnt exactly some slick defensive wizard either so Jiri has a shot.

Best approach for Jiri would obviously be to wrestle or at least mix things up well. But then thats been the obvious best approach for practically everyone Alex has faced and so far it hasnt worked out.

no.whatever he changes
pereira is still a better striker than him

Jiri can win and probably will. Did anybody actually watch the first fight ? Jiri had Pereira hurt and he was able to keep him down for a good part of that round

Good to know I wasn't just hallucinating seeing Alex get hurt in that fight, because the general rhetoric afterwards had me thinking otherwise.

its not about Jiri learning something. Hes wild and he excels there. This works against probably 90% of current LHW roster.
Alex, however, is the killer of wild fighters. He keeps his composure and read his opponents really well. His timing and precision are absurd. In the one fight he lost x Izzy he was the one rushing for the kill, dont forget that. To pressure this man in a pure stand up is like either you land a bomb really fast and end it, or you probably sleep.
Jiri should try a more rassling oriented approach in this one and/or hope to land a big hit. Hes got the pop to one shot Alex, definitely.
Honestly tho, I believe Jiri will eat a big left hook but this time he will be dropped unconscious.
My thoughts as well.

Jiri is a showman and a purist but human Insticnt should kick in and he’ll probably try to Wrestle early. But then Maybe keep it standing later in the rounds once Alex is tired

But Wrestle early to avoid debilitating calf kicks and get settled in.

Jiri had some mean top game in their last fight, just grinding elbows

Back