• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Poor things is the worst movie I have seen in the past decade

how big was the apple?

larry-david-curb-your-enthusiasm.gif

I thought this film was great and Emma Stone blew Margot Robbie's performance out the water and thematically they had similarities and that's why she got the oscar nod.

It was a very original and witty script and I liked how out there the film was, it felt very much like Edward Scissorhands meets Barbie with a splash of Amelie.

It seems like a lot Americans/Canadians just get very prudish around nudity and sexuality like TS.

How in the hell did you get all the way to 2024 and still have any faith in Rotten Tomatoes?
Right?

Rotten tomatoes trashes a lot of quality movies and praises a lot of shit movies. It's a bunch of pretentious bored critics trying to always say "unoriginal" to everything and praise anything they deem different or new.

I thought this film was great and Emma Stone blew Margot Robbie's performance out the water and thematically they had similarities and that's why she got the oscar nod.

It was a very original and witty script and I liked how out there the film was, it felt very much like Edward Scissorhands meets Barbie with a splash of Amelie.

It seems like a lot Americans/Canadians just get very prudish around nudity and sexuality like TS.
Prudish? Not really. But why would I get excited over 35 year old Emma finally baring it all ? A lot of actresses do that when age is shutting their options down

We all wanted 20 year old Emma to show it in a teen comedy or two.

Prudish? Not really. But why would I get excited over 35 year old Emma finally baring it all ? A lot of actresses do that when age is shutting their options down

We all wanted 20 year old Emma to show it in a teen comedy or two.

I didn't say you needed to get excited about it, just that it shouldn't necessarily be a negative and considered "uncomfortable" like TS said, people need to have more open minds.

I didn't say you needed to get excited about it, just that it shouldn't necessarily be a negative and considered "uncomfortable" like TS said, people need to have more open minds.

Right?

Rotten tomatoes trashes a lot of quality movies and praises a lot of shit movies. It's a bunch of pretentious bored critics trying to always say "unoriginal" to everything and praise anything they deem different or new.
This is sooooooo wrong.
RT does nothing more than tabulate reviews by accredited critics & the general public.

RT doesn't "trash a lot of quality movies and praises a lot of shit movies" as they aren't the ones publishing reviews. They simply determine whether a critic's review of a specific film is "fresh" (good) or "rotten" (bad).

You can argue (rightfully, so) their formula is flawed but you can't blame them for the reviews.

Now, if you rely on RT without undetstanding how they determine a "fresh" or "rotten" film, then you've got no one to blame but yourself.

Also, reviews are linked on the RT website & are available for you to read. If you're only looking at the "Tomato-meter", then that too is your fault.

How in the hell did you get all the way to 2024 and still have any faith in Rotten Tomatoes?
How do you get to 2024 and not understand how rotten tomatoes works?
There is nothing you need to trust, it just tracks reviews and posts how many are positive.
find the reviewers who align with your taste and follow them.

Back