Poor man's Anderson Silva

@Koro_11
Is Israel using poor man's steroids as well?

For the especially thick skulled: no, I'm not accusing Israel of using steroids.
Or poor woman's
<6>
israel-adesanya-1.jpg

Last edited:
Anderson is a different type of fighter but the prepubescent sherbros here will not get it because they began to watch mma in 5-6 years ago. Yes, he is a cheater and he tarnished his legacy like Jon Jones ....but roids can’t give you reflexes and dat chin.

I always felt like Anderson could have easily become lhw champ before Jones took over. Nobody clowned Forest. Forest was coming from 2 massive wins against Rampage and Shogun. He was doing well against Rashad but lost, not a problem since Rashad was a beast. But oh, suddenly Jan is far superior than prime Forest ...lmao. Based on what? Could go either way. Rampage, Rashad and Shogun could beat Jan. I know... mmath is kinda worthless but it’s all we have to gauge. Just saying. I don’t see how stuck in the mud Jan would beat prime Anderson. And he worked Izzy.

Last edited:
It's obvious that's who he tries to emulate most, he even said so himself, but he comes up short.

Anderson had a different aura about him, didn't have that insecure millennial vibe, and didn't obsess about his own greatness like that. The guy would literally always tell you that someone else is the greatest, and downplay his own skills. He never called dudes out, never picked his opponents, never talked shit on social media, or act like he was more special than the rest of the roster... aside from the greatness he would display inside the cage, he pretty much flew under the radar.

Izzy is just a try hard cheap immitation who tries too hard, but lacks the aura and charisma to pull it off and be likable. He goes out of his way to get attention and steak other people's ideas and accomplishments, but just failed miserably at attempting to take down 205's like Anderson did. Now it's back to 185 with his tail between his legs, only about 10 title defense away from matching the spider, good luck.

main-qimg-361efa55888ceed13784af7ba786f2c5

Anderson came up short about 10+ times and lost to nobodys before he enetered the ufc, he also piss hot multiple times so the whole title run was questionable.

couldnt agree more.

As an Anderson fan, I agree with most of what you wrote. However, Anderson did have a bit of ego inside the cage. I never liked the clowning around which is how he lost to Weidman.
His clowning generally had a purpose, which was to frustrate his opponent and set up his counters.

Fair enough, but again he did it for the 15 minutes he was in the cage and once it was over it was over and he never did it before or after the fights. Again, you’re OK with him rearranging someone’s face, but oh the injustice if he happens to taunt him while he does it?
Tbh i dont really care about any of that stuff, and it is fighting so i have 0 problems with the violence. Its just calling him the ultimate humble/nice guy is a bit much when he clowns people all the time.
Its not only about how you speak, but also about how you act, thats why i compared him to bones. Granted Anderson is ghandi and jesus combined compared to jones.

Anderson was more well rounded and imo a better MMA striker (izzy better pure striker).

Anderson skill wise is the p4p GOAT, noone is scared to fight Izzy, people were beaten before they entered the cage with Silva.

If you think Silva would've gone up and ran over current Jan like he did to Stephan Bonnar or Forrest Griffin you're smoking crack lol. The Irvin, Bonnar and Griffin.... When Griffin is the best LHW victory you've had under the UFC banner. No offense to the guy, he was fun to watch... but he was pillow fisted and other than his gas tank and effort wasn't a premier level fighter. Silva never faced a truly dangerous LHW in the UFC... So comparing what he did to Isreal trying to fight the current best LHW is apples and oranges.

I like both fighters but Silva is GOAT. Adesanya is the closest we have with Silva gone.

I'm a huge Anderson fan but I like Izzy too. I don't like trying to build one up over the other because they are similar in ways but also from different eras and stylistically aren't really identical either. Izzy is the better striker but Anderson imo had a higher fight IQ and knew kind of how to game the rules to his advantage. His BJJ was better than Izzy's and while he didn't have amazing TDD he had good enough TDD and more improtantly when he was taken down he was good at stalling at the bottom to force standups or to not take too much damage. He also did a good job of trying to do damage from the bottom without getting his guard passed too often.

Also, I'm tired of seeing the bs of "Anderson never challenged himself by fighting the LHW champ," everyone who was around back then knew that he was NOT given a free shot at LHW while keeping the MW belt. Would Izzy have fought Jan if he had to give up the MW belt? I think probably not. Back then basically no one went up a division while holding a belt because you could not keep your other belt while doing it. Except BJ Penn. This is the primary reason why Anderson, GSP and Aldo never moved up. They did not want to risk losing their belt while moving up and I don't think you can really blame them.

Anderson is obviously one of the GOATs and ahead of Adesanya right now, maybe he always will be. But to be fair, Izzy at 31 is far ahead of where Anderson was at the same age. Anderson was just making his UFC debut around that time, was 20-4 (granted one loss was DQ, if we are generous to him two were possible fixes to Japanese guys in Pride, but at least one was legit, albeit early in his career), and his top wins before getting into the UFC were like...Horn, Sakurai, Alex Stiebling, Lee Murray, Newton, Jorge Rivera. He was a serious late bloomer and definitely didnt look like a potential future GOAT at that point.

Last edited:
Two different people
Two completely different eras

Israel with his skill set would have likely run the table against the guys Anderson beat too.

Anderson also struggled with weakness on the ground from which he considered retirement before his UFC run. IIRC that was around a similar age to where Izzy is now as I believe Anderson came to the UFC at 32 and Israel is 31 now.
If my memory is correct that means all the great achievements Anderson had were after the age Israel is now.

I would say Israel stands head and shoulders over MW in a similar fashion to early 30s Anderson.

You guys are comparing a finished book, with a somewhat tragic ending, to a book that is just starting the 2nd act.

Let’s see what’s up when all is said and done on both men’s entire careers.

Silva never tested himself against a LHW as good as Jan, and avoided Jon Jones like the plague.

I’ve no doubt Izzy would easily beat James Irvin, Bonnar and Griffin.

I agree if you change the first sentence to “prime Silva”

Anderson tried his hand with DC and got dominated on the ground in fairly similar fashion, but considerably more decisive of a loss. Obviously there is age and short notice, but it is an example of Anderson taking on a proper 220-230 pound beast in prime form and Anderson had the same shortcomings.

Big anderson fan but one thing i disagree, he was not humble. One simple example,´Anderson who is your toughest test in the future? My clone'.

Still one of the GOAT's. He would never back peddle and spam from the outside. Prime Anderson would have made easy work of jan, looking like a flabby LHW

Back