Poor man's Anderson Silva

2uM9QGI.gif

Omg did he died?

Adesanya's 20-1 record is far better than Silva's 20-4 record he had at a similar point in his career. Almost all the guys Silva beat in the UFC wouldn't be top 10 in today's division. And he's a much better striker than Anderson.
Half of Izzy's 20 wins you mention are cab drivers no one's ever heard of.

Compare their championship runs, or at least their UFC runs.

Cool story.

50 years from now people will still talk about Anderson as one of the greatest, and most wont remember Weidman's name. They'll be like "what was the name of that guy that finally ended his win streak".

tenor.gif

Cool story, 50 years from now this gif is still going to be played on loop

Half of Izzy's 20 wins you mention are cab drivers no one's ever heard of.

Compare their championship runs, or at least their UFC runs.

People are saying this as if Adesanya's title run is finished. The closest thing you can have to an apples to apples comparison is comparing Adesanya's 20-1 record to Silva's record when he was 20-4, and Adesanya's UFC record is infinitely superior in this comparison. We'll see what Adesanya's title run is like when it concludes.

It's probably worse when Israel got beat up by that 12 year old when he was 10.

We're obviously comparing their dominant runs, not Silva's Jungle Fight career or his fights after he started to decline.

Oh well if you want a fair comparison maybe you could realize Silva never moved up to fight someone nearly as dangerous as Jan during his dominant run.

Lick the balls while you're down there.

He was an awesome fighter, but he was a douche and a jerk to people in the ring with how he acted. He also roided. Got cocky and thought he couldn't be beat, yet he seemed to forget he always lost in highlight fashion. He was also condescending to people with his "compliments" that people thought made him look "humble"

Izzy is still well behind AS in GOAT talks but I will say Andy’s resume at LHW is not good. He beat bonner. Irvin who also fought at MW and then proceeded to lose his next 2 and be cut from the UFC. The forest win is good on paper until you realized he was in the middle of a Xanex addiction battle. Can’t Knock AS for the DC loss he was well past it and took it on 2 days notice
“Irvin who also fought at MW”
This line right here tells me you are just looking at records and weren’t around for these fights.

Irvin was a HW that cut like hell to make LHW, was a beast of a man and Hits like a Mac Truck.
He was riddled with injuries that lead to a pain killer addiction that ruined his career.

He tried to reinvent himself and comeback and for. Some unknown reason thought doing a skeletor impression and cutting to MW was a good idea.

he should not be considered “who also fought at MW” lolol ol ol.

upload_2021-3-8_23-59-39.jpeg

upload_2021-3-9_0-0-52.jpeg

upload_2021-3-9_0-3-40.jpeg

upload_2021-3-9_0-4-9.gif

Man had serious fire in his hands

“Irvin who also fought at MW”
This line right here tells me you are just looking at records and weren’t around for these fights.

Irvin was a HW that cut like hell to make LHW, was a beast of a man and Hits like a Mac Truck.
He was riddled with injuries that lead to a pain killer addiction that ruined his career.

He tried to reinvent himself and comeback and for. Some unknown reason thought doing a skeletor impression and cutting to MW was a good idea.

he should not be considered “who also fought at MW” lolol ol ol.

View attachment 839050

View attachment 839051

View attachment 839052

View attachment 839053

Man had serious fire in his hands
This.

Of the 3 guys that Silva beat at 205, people tend to dismiss Irvin as a can, but he was undoubtedly by far the most dangerous in terms of knockout threat.

This.

Of the 3 guys that Silva beat at 205, people tend to dismiss Irvin as a can, but he was undoubtedly by far the most dangerous in terms of knockout threat.
Why he decided to throw a kick instead of box , we’ll never know..

just making a stop, because I felt there would be this thread.

Israel by all intents and purposes has the potential to surpass Anderson.

His striking is exceptional and his grappling is equal to if not better than Anderson’s.

Loser’s just hate to see Izzy win. I’ve heard 100 excuses for Vettori, some claiming he won the fight he lost EVERY ROUND in.

Izzy took ZERO damage. Vettori posed no threat…not even in full back control

Anderson is one of the greatest, I was always rooting against him during his reign. Always rubbed me the wrong way. Izzy is not likable either.

Stoolbender isnt close to the Spider in terms of anything UFC/MMA

There's other ways to say "idk what in watching".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back