Pool players get in here!!

Sturm

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't be the only person here in love with billiards. What's your guys favorite game?
What kind of weaponry do you have?

I love 8 ball and ten ball (fuck 9 ball flukes)

I have a katana katx10
kat10_1.jpg

which is getting retired for my predator p3 cognac wrapless revo
I break with an old but with a mezz deep impact II

I jump with a green jacoby custom.

Last edited:
Pocket pool is my favourite

I've always loved the game, but never been able to learn how to play it properly. Was actually looking around for some way to get lessons or something but no dice.

I've always loved the game, but never been able to learn how to play it properly. Was actually looking around for some way to get lessons or something but no dice.
Honestly you tube and practice man. Most important thing is to get your stroke down. Smooth stroke + a good follow through. If you have access to a table try lining up a ball about six inches behind the spot. Shoot the ball into a pocket and try to get the cue to rest on the spot. Once you got that down try it with a second ball. Theres a thousand drills out there. Azbilliards.com would be a good place to check out. Dr. Dave and zerox on YouTube is all gold

They make cue balls with dots on them to help you aim, both top and bottom spin (move the cue ball back or forward after hitting your target ball) and side spins (how the ball will react to the rails). Tons of tutorials on YouTube.

9 ball is my favorite game. Usually pretty quick matches and the better shooter will win 9/10 times. You can fluke balls, for sure, but it's not game-breaking.

8 ball is so slow for me. It's definitely more of a chess match. It's also such a high level, being able to call your shots but shoot to land "safe" on every shot.

I've gotten into it the past couple of years, I really like to play. I have a friend who's very good and we like to find new spots to play. She has her own stick and has made my shot much better in terms of where to hit and it and how to position my body. I've always had good aim but the little things help. It's funny we'll go out and older guys who are good at pool will want to play her then get pissy when they lose to a girl.

I've gotten into it the past couple of years, I really like to play. I have a friend who's very good and we like to find new spots to play. She has her own stick and has made my shot much better in terms of where to hit and it and how to position my body. I've always had good aim but the little things help. It's funny we'll go out and older guys who are good at pool will want to play her then get pissy when they lose to a girl.
Its unfortunate some of the gray beards are like that. One of my favorite aspects of pool is how it's all hand eye and plain skill. No strength/size/endurance advantages (sans having to use the reach less) everyone can compete on a level playing field. Theres this Asian chick here who's one of the best around.

Its unfortunate some of the gray beards are like that. One of my favorite aspects of pool is how it's all hand eye and plain skill. No strength/size/endurance advantages (sans having to use the reach less) everyone can compete on a level playing field. Theres this Asian chick here who's one of the best around.
Yeah good point, not really a size advantage. That was part of what made me become much better, I'm tall so when I was told to get lower and shoot at table level rather than top down, I became much better.

Cut throat is great when you have 3 people. Vert fun game.

Being as low as possible is paramount. Unless it's an awkward shot my chin is glued to the cue

Straight pool is the best game IMO. I'm not the best shot maker, but I manage to score decent runs due to semi decent white ball control.

I used to play a lot. Never in real competitions, but I always played with my friends who were competitive. I still have my Mcdermott G2 core in the closet, been a few years since I've used it though.

Ronnie o'Sullivan is a fucking savage

He's an incredible player, no matter the game. He had been competitive with a lot of top 9 ball names.

I used to play a lot. Never in real competitions, but I always played with my friends who were competitive. I still have my Mcdermott G2 core in the closet, been a few years since I've used it though.
3 dudes on my team are rocking gcores. Good shit!

He's an incredible player, no matter the game. He had been competitive with a lot of top 9 ball names.
Yeah he gave efrain a hard time in 9 ball!!

Back