Poll: The Overeem vs. Rozenstruik Stoppage

Your opinion on the stoppage

• Total voters
Very bad. Reminds me of when Gastelum knocked Weidman on his ass and Weidman came back to win. Only excuse for Dan is if he saw the busted lip.

Overeem had already started to put his hands down to help himself stand up before Dan arrived! The video makes it perfectly obvious. It was a knockdown, not a knockout.

I put bad because the ref stoppage was bad, but the doctor would have stopped it regardless. But in a 5th round at the last minute a doctor stoppage should go to the score cards. Tonights entire card just shows how shit UFC rules/judges really are. Garbage card tonight.

LOL WHAT

he fucking walked away. Mirgliotta SAW HIM WALK AWAY.

The correct move would have been to let the fight keep going. LIke there's no debate.
If Reem wanted to fight he should of, but instead he staggered to his feet and turned away. Reem was done

Fair stoppage. Reem seemed to be out on his feet, stumbling in the opposite direction of Rozenstruik. Add to that his face was covered in what was clearly a fight ending cut and that's a wrap.

If there had been even a few more seconds on the clock the doctors would have stopped it for the cut anyway and you all know it. In fact if Dan hadn't waved it off they probably still would have.

He saw this and stopped it

Walk off meant nothings

upload_2019-12-8_0-14-38.jpeg

Terrible stoppage
giphy.gif

Stoppage was perfect.. Did dan make it look bad?? Yes but in reality the fight was over reem was staggering around with a lip split in half..

As I said before, bad stoppage because of the intent. If the intent had been to stop because the fighter was visibly out on their feet, fine, but Dan's intent was to stop at the end because of the lip.
Fights get stopped because of cuts too buddy

Having 4 seconds to go can't come into it.

Red stopped a 50-45 off one punch where the fighter immediately got up. On a scale of bad it’s terrible. One of the worst in recent memory

I voted okay. I think I agree with the stoppage but Big Dan did it super awkwardly and kinda started/stopped/restarted the stoppage.

the timing was fine but the way he did it was shit. So okay.

Whoever mentioned Silva vs Bisping is right on... Reem was in better shape then Bisping, and Rosenstruik already walked away so he wasn't in danger

From a "technical" point of view, the fighter wasn't *COMPLETELY* out and the other guy started walking away.
So, from that PoV, the fight could have continued.

However, Reem went stiff for a moment as he was *still* falling down. There was a highway-like opening for a punch that could easily have KOed him into Oblivion (Think Ngannou x99999)

That, plus the fact the cut was so bad, makes this a perfect stoppage.

So, just to "remain objective", though I really shouldn't when you think about it, I voted "Very good".

EDIT: Honestly, I know everyone has a different opinion and I respect that and to each his own, but I must say this topic is a perfect example of human delusion

Terrible Stoppage but lets just realize and admire the anvils that Rozencrack has for fists. He MUTILATED Reem with one shot. SCARY AF2B6D3BEE-D670-4AF0-93E3-23CA6C984AB8_1_105_c.jpeg

Very bad.

If Mirg temporarily stopped to have a doctor come look at the lip, that would be okay..

But to completely stop the fight with :04 seconds left, when Reem popped up, and Roz wasn’t trying to follow up..

Reem was 100% done. Seriously. It was preventive damage at that point.

Back