Poll: The Overeem vs. Rozenstruik Stoppage

Your opinion on the stoppage

• Total voters
Post the pic of his lip. That's all you need to see. Fine stoppage

Reem was exhausted, dropping his arms in between exchanges
We could see it coming, yelling hands up
Fuck

I'm an Overeem fan but he was obviously still out of it considering he woke up and started walking away, kind of like when Chandler turned his back on Brooks.

There is gonna be debating over this one. Too bad Rozen didn't crack Reem one more time to make it definitive. Then there would be no debate. Reem was out of it though.

I agree with the extra shots would have sealed it.
He was out but would have made the bell with Jair's early Celebration....

It's a tough spot for the ref to be in, Rozenstruik just took the guys lip off with a punch and there is only seconds left. Probably would be just as many people crying about a late stoppage if Rozenstruik hit him a few more times.

Reem could have lost a chunk of his face that no amount of stitching would help.
Dan called it well.

I fully agree but since reem is a old school pride guy everyone on here will disagree.

I agree with the extra shots would have sealed it.
He was out but would have made the bell with Jair's early Celebration....

That's true! Rozen would have blown a win.

Horrible stoppage, he fell and got up, by the time he would have scrambled bell would have rang.
i dont think there would have been any scramble had the ref not stepped in between. No way reem gets up if the ref allows roz to follow up

Roz could have sent a heater from hell down the middle on him if he'd wanted

LOL WHAT

he fucking walked away. Mirgliotta SAW HIM WALK AWAY.

The correct move would have been to let the fight keep going. LIke there's no debate.

I'm always a bit surprised by "no debate" comments in the middle of a debate.

Rosy walked away because he thought Reem was done. Dan agreed. Reem only argued because he thought Rosy tapped.

Last edited:
It was both good and bad.

It was good because Overeem was done.

It was bad because of the way Miragliotta stopped it. He didn't wave it off immediately. Instead, he let Overeem get up and regain his composure, then waved it off.

Dan fucks up too much. He needs to be fired or relegated to less important fights only.
Plus he put his hands on Rozenstruik, which people take as a sign you're calling off the fight.

Bad and cost Overeem the fight as much as his own lack of defense for the closing seconds of the fight.

You’d prefer to see Overeem’s entire face fall off as long as he could walk? Lmao

It was good performance by Overeem. He was obviously dominating until he gassed and got caught, the end. Dude’s lips came off, even the network told him to go away, they didn’t wanna show him talking.

Reem Fanboys are like those kids who sit out on the front step waiting for deadbeat dad to come pick them up for their b-day and years go by and they still wait on the front step for daddy overeem that never comes.

LOL Reem was winning the fight and all he needed was a proper takedown that was there all night. He was gassed dropped his hands and got blasted. Bad decision making. As for Rozen he will get beaten very easily by Blaydes, DC and Stipe. Great chin but won't stop their takedowns.

As I said before, bad stoppage because of the intent. If the intent had been to stop because the fighter was visibly out on their feet, fine, but Dan's intent was to stop at the end because of the lip.

Regardless of the time left, that was a good stoppage. Overeem was out when he went down. It got stopped because he stumbled and was not on steady legs. The ref was looking at him, not the clock, and his priority should be fighter safety.

I like Overeem but it's probably a good thing he lost. Maybe he'll retire. He's taken a lot of damage over his career. He needs to seriously think about walking away from fighting. It's long over due.

Reem Fanboys are like those kids who sit out on the front step waiting for deadbeat dad to come pick them up for their b-day and years go by and they still wait on the front step for daddy overeem that never comes.
it is a hard life yes

It's a bad stoppage because Jair walked off. Had he attempted to follow up then it might've been justified, but by walking off, Overeem gets the chance to pop back to his feet, meaning that he's not completely out.

Back