~POLL: Jos

Aldo will take care of business. As always.

Aldo x Edgar showed that Jose is really faster than any FW/LW. I get the feeling this fight will be like Aldo x Hominick. Jose with outstrike Pettis (or knock him out) in the first 3 rounds and, if he fades a bit, he will take Pettis down and beat the crap out of him with his g&p. Pettis TDD is not that great.

Hope Pettis gets knocked out cold and lose the chance to win both titles at once.

...what? How does beating Frankie Edgar prove he's faster than ANY lightweight?

Never+go+full+retard+_e08cd8fe1b3104d11f89ecc5c473d1ca.jpg

Why the hell is this match even happening?

Pettis by KO. Couldn't think of a worse match-up for Aldo.

...what? How does beating Frankie Edgar prove he's faster than ANY lightweight?

Never+go+full+retard+_e08cd8fe1b3104d11f89ecc5c473d1ca.jpg

Do you know any LW faster than Edgar? I never saw one, just like I never saw a faster FW.

I might be wrong, but that's what I think. I was impressed by how fast Aldo's jabs were and how Frankie couldn't even see them.

WOW

Pettis 79
Aldo 78

Looks like some of you didn't realized that Aldo had a bad night vs Edgar, yeah he won four rounds it was enough, but that Aldo is far from the 'normal' Aldo.

I voted for Aldo but this matchup is as close as can be. Nobody can say with certainty who they think will win

It's hard to bet against Aldo.

I really like both fighters, Pettis is used to fighting and dominating larger opponents, if the weight cut doesn't hurt him then i feel he'd have the advantage as everything is pretty close between them, and i wasn't impressed with Aldos cardio after the second round the other night, he slowed a lot.

<-- this man right here. It should be a fun fight, though.

Cardio is the only so-so weakness I see in Aldo's whole game. Him and GSP are the best if I look at it like that.

I think Aldo will shoot in this like he did vs Hominick, also because he should have the edge on the ground and that Guida fight wasn't a good one by Pettis.

I'd compare Pettis to a more versatile, flashy version of Lyoto on the feet, while I'd say Aldo is a combo of Anderson and prime Shogun there. Am not saying Lyoto's a better striker than Silva, but that Pettis' added elements make it tough for Aldo to let that power shine, mainly in low kicks.

Of all the LW's, a view Pettis as the toughest fight for Aldo, but still think this is a toss-up. Am also biased towards Pettis, but trying to be objective I think this will go to a decision and Aldo's effectiveness in takedowns and his top game from there will decide if he wins or loses.

The weight cut for Pettis is another thing. He's not a big LW, but also not a Edgar or Penn - he could have trouble with it, and he needs cardio to take this. If that goes well, he should get the better of Aldo standing, but not by a landslide.

It's, imo, a harder fight for Pettis than Bendo would've been. Close, will need to watch their fights to maybe be more clear.

Back