~POLL: Jos

i do know i believe pettis is good enough to take a decision over aldo

I dont trust pettis to move weight all of a sudden and do well right away.

disappointed he won't be going for the lw crown after making a name there.

when he loses to aldo he loses all steam.

Aldo by decision.

This fight won't be a FOTY/FOTN contender because Pettis ends those fights in a round. Pettis beats Aldo early.

It's pretty damn close but i'll go with my heart and Aldo takes it by being by far the fastest fighter pettis has ever fought. i think he'll find a way to work with the range and kicks of pettis. It's a damn dangerous fight for him and definitely his toughest test to date striking wise.

My name's Pettiskick and I still voted for Aldo as most likely to win. We'll see what actually happens on fight night but I'm such a big fan of both these dudes I can't root against either one.

I think Aldo might lose this one.

Having never faced such a prominent stand up fighter before.. I'm thinking this might be a split decision or ko win for Pettis.

You realize Aldo is miles ahead of any striker Pettis has ever faced, right? That road goes both ways.

Aldo but man its gonna be a close one and a very good fight.

Going with Aldo but goddamn if anyone could beat him it would be Pettis.

This is so far the fight of 2013 as long as Anderson v Jones isn't made

Amazing fight. I am picking Aldo. He's just as good of a striker, has as good of reflexes and whatnot.

Also, just a thought -- Just a question for matchups like this:

People are picking Pettis to win because "Aldo has never fought a striker like Pettis before".

Do they not realize that shit goes both ways?

I bet people did that for Vitor/Anderson too. "Anderson has never fought a striker like Vitor before!!!11one"

Going with Aldo, he's got a better stand-up game than Pettis. Aldo 3rd round tko.

That's BS. Since there's an official ranking right not, it's even safer to say that there's a bunch of guys who haven't faced Aldo recently that deserves a TS more than Pettis.

2. Ricardo Lamas
3. Chan Sung Jung
5. Dennis Siver
6. Cub Swanson
7. Dustin Poirier
8. Nik Lentz
9. Erik Koch
10. Clay Guida

Pettis, he's the bigger guy, but it'd be very close (possible controversial SD?)

Back