~POLL: Jos

TASTEofmySCYTHE

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
USA TODAY: ANTHONY PETTIS DROPS TO 145, MEETS UFC CHAMP JOSE ALDO ON AUG. 3

yLHFAPC.png

So pumped for this fight... WHO YOU GOT?

No idea. leaning a bit towards Pettis but last two times i picked against Aldo i was wrong. I'll have to think about it a bit more, such a close match up stylistically.

Pettis' cardio could be the difference (or, at FW, maybe not). I pick him by a very slight margin. Too close to call would probably be the better choice.

I hope Aldo can win this fight but in my opinion this is his biggest challenge thus far. A great striker, and wrestler who is bigger than Aldo. This fight could very well be looked back on as the fight that put Aldo up with the P4P GOATs or as simply a great Featherweight.

I just dislike Aldo, i know he's champ but he has never really had that tough of competition imo & frankie had 3 rounds on him too. WAR PETTIS!

Happy new plats, my friend.

And I think I'll be voting for Josenthony Alttis. :icon_chee

Despite Aldo's smaller frame, I see him having more fire power behind his strikes. I'm a fan of Pettis' creative kicking game, but Aldo just is too dominant.

I'm actually thinking Pettis takes it. I don't know why just a feeling.

Two of my favourite fighters ever. I voted for Aldo because I truly believe he's the best fighter on the planet P4P. I could see Pettis winning this though, he's definitely Aldo's biggest challenge to date both literally and figuratively.

I just dislike Aldo, i know he's champ but he has never really had that tough of competition imo & frankie had 3 rounds on him too. WAR PETTIS!

You know Edgar lost that fight so GTFO.

I think Aldo might lose this one.

Having never faced such a prominent stand up fighter before.. I'm thinking this might be a split decision or ko win for Pettis.

Bwahahaha a disgruntled Edgar fan nothing to see here folks. I'm curious as to which 3 rounds you think he won? I gave iAldo 1,2,3 and 5 and Frankie round 4, if I was being generous I"d give Frankie round 3 as well which means he still lost 48-47. It amazing how many "fans" were influenced by Rogan's biased commentary. Here's some advice watch the fight on mute and judge for yourself.

I like how some see Pettis as the young new breed fighter who could beat good old Aldo...

When they are both 26!

Pettis.

But its gonna be a pretty damn close/entertaining fight :D

If Pettis makes the cut healthily, I definitely favour him.
The distinct size disadvantage will make it tough for Aldo to get much off in the stand-up.

Back