Political Betting Thread

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by GearSolidMetal, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Joedaman55

Joedaman55 Don't be homeless

The rebranding that is trying to be done is a disaster in my opinion. Obama is favorable with many Democrats and his brand on any sort of thing should benefit anything from a marketing standpoint. When it’s being portrayed negatively with his name is a very big problem for Moderate Democrats.

2. Roads55

Roads55 Brown Belt

Sanders getting bet more now, down to around 7.8-8.2, not sure his appearance on jre moved the line much if at all, but it was a good indicator to bet him at the time imo. looks like biden is bleeding away his poll numbers also.

3. rev0lver

rev0lver Green Belt

Biden managed to have more gaffes in one week than anyone I've seen in a long time, possibly including Trump. He's a disaster, and I think he's getting to a point where his numbers just keep bleeding.

4. Roads55

Roads55 Brown Belt

Agreed, he will keep making gaffe after gaffe. and no one has even attacked him on all the inappropriate touching of women and kids stuff yet.

5. Roads55

Roads55 Brown Belt

wow lot's of odds movement today.

biden drifting to 4.2,
    warren now the clear fav at 3.65,
    sanders down to 7.0,
    harris out to 8.4
    buttigieg unchanged at around 15.0.

6. longway

longway Yellow Belt

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/...one-who-beats-trump?__twitter_impression=true

My Warren bet looking good. I don't think they will be able to convince Biden to withdraw, he will go down fighting, but I think his mental decline will push people toward Warren.

I think Harris is also another zombie candidate that will fall apart over the course of the primary process.

My spidey sense is telling me it will be a Warren and Buttigieg presidential ticket. An odd couple liberal dream ticket of a vagina and batty boy that for some reason gets their base excited and also welds together the moderate and progressive wings of the dnc <Moves>

7. longway

longway Yellow Belt

Roads55 and rev0lver like this.
  8. BigAl-ThePal

BigAl-ThePal White Belt

Donald Trump will be victorious. Republican Party to win. I bet my house.

Omni1 and longway like this.
  9. rev0lver

rev0lver Green Belt

Fortunately for Biden he can swim in corporate money for as long as he's in the running. They're not gonna back out till it becomes obvious he's not going to win.

longway likes this.
  10. Roads55

Roads55 Brown Belt

yep, but at the same time it's indicative of his lack of popularity amongst dem voters who seem to prefer him for his perceived chances of beating trump rather than actually liking him. I'm curious if that will actually translate into votes if people aren't genuinely into him and his policies. This could be a sign that a good % of his supporters are more on the fence than we realized and are more susceptible to changing their vote to another candidate they can actually relate too.

rev0lver likes this.
  11. rev0lver

rev0lver Green Belt

I think they are. And to your first point, his wife hilariously said last night that other candidates are better on policy, but he's more electable. To a lot of dems right now, the priority is beating Trump. No one actually cares about Joe Biden. There's no "Biden stans". They've just had it drilled into their heads that Biden's bland and inoffensive brand of politics is the winning strategy. Once he starts looking less and less electable (which Biden does a great job of doing by himself), they'll move to someone else.

12. Roads55

Roads55 Brown Belt

13. rev0lver

rev0lver Green Belt

Are there props anywhere on who the eventual VP choice will be? Or will that only happen when the primaries are over?

I've been thinking about this a lot. My #1 pick at this point would be Cory Booker. Not only is he extremely safe all around, and can help demographically in a race that's probably going to see a white man/woman as the nominee, but he really wants to be president. He's been building himself up for this for his whole career. Being VP would keep him relevant and in the national spotlight until it's his turn, otherwise he can fade into irrelevance as a sorta-moderate sorta-progressive senator.

14. Roads55

Roads55 Brown Belt

not seen that anywhere so far. wouldn't hurt to request it at a few book though.

15. trident

trident Water Belt