Plyo's, sprints, ballistic's for size?

Yomon, do u do handstand pushups with your hands on blocks to get a better ROM? I found since I started these the second half of my military press is ridiculously easier than the first half (due to the strength built from pushing from about head level using hanstand pushups)

You guys are awesome...if you got anything else please keep it coming.

vigilante90210 said:
Yomon, do u do handstand pushups with your hands on blocks to get a better ROM? I found since I started these the second half of my military press is ridiculously easier than the first half (due to the strength built from pushing from about head level using hanstand pushups)

so far i'm just tilting my head back and tuching my nose to the ground. I find it gives me a good range of motion, but thanx for the idea i'll definatly try it out.

wasptrash said:
These types of activities, as with most activities, will utilize all fiber types to some extent but the IIB would primarily benefit. Some involvement from types IIA and type I will of course occur, but I'd guess not in a manner which would elicit much protein supercompensation, therefore little hypertrophy would occur in those fibers and as mentioned before, hypertrophy of IIB doesn't occur to a great extent.

Agreed that type IIX do not hypertrophy much at all, but my point was that they convert to type IIA when a person undergoes a strength training regime. Also sedentary people normally have a higher percentage of type IIX fibers. You do use all your fibers with high intensity (either maximal contrations against a large weight or for velocity).

Assuming that what i have said is true and is the latest reseach I would assume you use IIA the most in training since you use lower intensity than your 100% max. Your IIX fibers, since they are dormant and don't get used much would be only utilzied very little, such as in competition or in grandmas picking up trucks to save their grandchildren.

Back